Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#41 Nov 25, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you something, you will likely understand....i have been in some remote corners of the world....You know, places where you really know, we aren't in Kansas anymore...lol...Anyway, when i am really tired of overseas, usually about 2-3 weeks...i tend to play CNN on my room TV, continually, just because it seem's a bit like home....lol... frankly, i have never seen Fox news on foreign tellevision....i have heard, Canada has banned them....
Good Day,

I totally get that Blue! I have often heard of CNN being refered to as "the world's news network" as you can see it virtually everywhere. Even if your room doesn't have a T.V. it is probably on in the hotel lounge/lobby... ;-)

Steelie
pants on fire

Grand Rapids, MI

#42 Nov 25, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Guess not, thanks....i was thinking with all the cable and satellite tlevision, it would be kinda hard to enforce....tho, i did hear that somewhere...like an urban legnd...lol...Wonder if many republican's think Fox is a positive influence on their party, or not?
Since I'm not a republican, I cannot answer that question for them. What I can say, is despite shows like Hanity, I prefer Fox over the likes of CNN or MSNBC. It's amazing how much hatred comes off of those channels.
pants on fire

Grand Rapids, MI

#43 Nov 25, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>If you are truly serious about finding out the actual exagerated claims....check out Michelle Bachmann, Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh....i realize the source in India, and that does not excuse them, at all.....
Please be fair. Both sides have their share of over exaggerated claim makers. You have Reid who decided to lie on the Senate floor "claiming" he "heard from someone" that Romney didn't pay taxes - for what was it, 10 years? And when he was called on his lie, he demanded that Romney release his records for 'proof'.

Then you have Pelosi who claimed (with fake tears) that the TEA Party members were Nazi's.

And if you want to go for Media people, let's take a look at Ed Schultz and his comments against Laura Ingram.

And I can go on if you would like, but the point is, they BOTH do it. So if you're going to judge republicans by Limbaugh, Bachmann, and Beck, then we need to compare the Democrats with the likes of Schultz, Rosie O' Donnel, Pelosi, Reid, and a few others.
Linda

United States

#44 Nov 25, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>If you are truly serious about finding out the actual exagerated claims....check out Michelle Bachmann, Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh....i realize the source in India, and that does not excuse them, at all.....
I don't care about the claims that were made. What does it really matter if the story is faulty. Obama has wasted much money but that is a different argument altogether. You said FOX lies every hour. I said give some examples and prove it is with a legitimate sources. You said that this was one of the lies that they made. I simply showed you many news media outlets made the same claim but you only point out that FOX did. You also put it across like FOX made the whole story up which they did not. So you say FOX lies on this but all the others told the truth?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#45 Nov 25, 2012
"What does it really matter if the story is faulty"......quite.....
Linda

United States

#46 Nov 25, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
So this is all you have? Lol!!
Linda

United States

#47 Nov 25, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
You told me to find out the context. I was telling you I don't care about it. That is irrelevant to you telling telling me all the lies you claim are being made on FOX. The sources you gave me are not FOX news either. I have not even found proof it was ever mentioned on FOX I'm just taking it at your word.

Location hidden

#48 Nov 26, 2012
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
You told me to find out the context. I was telling you I don't care about it. That is irrelevant to you telling telling me all the lies you claim are being made on FOX. The sources you gave me are not FOX news either. I have not even found proof it was ever mentioned on FOX I'm just taking it at your word.
I have NEVER said, all lies are by Fox.....the topic of this thread is Fox.....We all listened to Fox and the others lie about this trip, for weeks....i realize the source was an indian, but that is no excuse....
Linda

United States

#49 Nov 26, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I have NEVER said, all lies are by Fox.....the topic of this thread is Fox.....We all listened to Fox and the others lie about this trip, for weeks....i realize the source was an indian, but that is no excuse....
You said:

"Steelie, the problem is their method of operation....28 days of lying, followed by a 40 second debunk...the real problem, is advertising themselves as, fair and balanced.."

And I said:

"Give us a list of examples and proof (not propaganda) that they are lies."

At lest you are admitting now that other outlets are lying about news events. But you are only focusing on FOX news. Again I am taking your word that FOX was reporting it. I watch FOX and don't recall the story from FOX news. I agree they should have investigated it before putting it out there. If they stated it as a fact? Getting facts wrong is one thing that can be debated either way. Editing a 911 tape is deliberately changing the story. Yet you still focus on FOX only.
Still if FOX lies every hour as you say it should be easy for you to prove that claim, but maybe not.

Location hidden

#50 Nov 26, 2012
Their line between lies and facts, is just too blurry for me...and i am sure CNN and MSNBC have likely lied, over the years, but i just don't believe they are as driven by it, as Fox....I notice, what Murdoch's media empire is going through in the UK, and wonder, why no one over here, ever even mentions it?.....Plus, you have been calling me Jason, for a month, so why would i reply to you?
Linda

United States

#51 Nov 26, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Their line between lies and facts, is just too blurry for me...and i am sure CNN and MSNBC have likely lied, over the years, but i just don't believe they are as driven by it, as Fox....I notice, what Murdoch's media empire is going through in the UK, and wonder, why no one over here, ever even mentions it?.....Plus, you have been calling me Jason, for a month, so why would i reply to you?
Is your name a dirty word? I didn't really expect you to come up with proof. That was the point. You don't care so much about lies as long as its lies coming from other media outlets. You just have it in for FOX so you will criticize them every chance you possibly can. Fact is they do not lie and every media occasionally gets things wrong in the quest to be the first with the news of the day. Editing a tape is not getting it wrong though, that was lying. Everybody knows Benghazi was about a tape three weeks after the incident happened was a lie. Obama lying to the American people about Benghazi in the debate and CNN's Candy Crowley lying about it also. You don't care about that stuff. If you're truly trying to be honest about FOX I'm willing to look at these lies you claim are happening every hour. Problem is you are not providing anything.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#52 Nov 26, 2012
A Fox News interview ended rather abruptly on Monday after a guest took not one but two jabs at the network hosting him (see update below).

Co-anchor Jon Scott interviewed Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author Thomas Ricks, who has covered the military for decades, about his new book "The Generals." Scott asked Ricks weigh in on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and Sen. John McCain's criticisms of Amb. Susan Rice.

"I think Benghazi was generally hyped by this network especially," Ricks said. He added that he thought McCain seemed to be "backing off" from criticizing Rice since "the campaign [was] over."

"When you have four people dead for the first time in more than 30 years, how do you call that hype?" Scott said, pushing back against Ricks' characterization of the network's coverage.

Ricks compared the situation to security contractors who were killed in Iraq. He described the attack in Benghazi as a "small fire-fight" and added, "I think the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox is operating as the wing of the Republican Party."

At that point, Scott thanked Ricks for his time and ended the interview after about 90 seconds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/fox-...

Location hidden

#53 Nov 26, 2012
Glad someone can see thru the haze of bullsh*t that is Fox.....Oh, i forgot about the election...my, my.....
Linda

United States

#54 Nov 26, 2012
Bob wrote:
A Fox News interview ended rather abruptly on Monday after a guest took not one but two jabs at the network hosting him (see update below).

Co-anchor Jon Scott interviewed Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author Thomas Ricks, who has covered the military for decades, about his new book "The Generals." Scott asked Ricks weigh in on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and Sen. John McCain's criticisms of Amb. Susan Rice.

"I think Benghazi was generally hyped by this network especially," Ricks said. He added that he thought McCain seemed to be "backing off" from criticizing Rice since "the campaign [was] over."

"When you have four people dead for the first time in more than 30 years, how do you call that hype?" Scott said, pushing back against Ricks' characterization of the network's coverage.

Ricks compared the situation to security contractors who were killed in Iraq. He described the attack in Benghazi as a "small fire-fight" and added, "I think the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox is operating as the wing of the Republican Party."

At that point, Scott thanked Ricks for his time and ended the interview after about 90 seconds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/fox-...
I think there are many questions that are very important. All news outlets should be demanding answers. This guy lost all credibility when he said a small fire fight. Sworn testimony says it was a whole lot more than a small arms fire fight. Obama won't release the tapes for good reason.
I'm not seeing the lie. McCain has not backed off either. As far as the number of contractors in Iraq that died. I'm not so sure that it has been covered up. Where is CNN, ABC, MSNBC, etc. why would it only be FOX in question about that. If you are familiar with FOX news there is many interviews that are that short. That is not out of the ordinary. It happens with interviews that have nothing at all to do with politics. It is something that I get upset about also.
Linda

United States

#55 Nov 26, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Glad someone can see thru the haze of bullsh*t that is Fox.....Oh, i forgot about the election...my, my.....
Still waiting. Examples of bullsh*t please. They repeatedly said it would be a close election due to polling. It's polling. Not sure what your "my, my" is about

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#56 Nov 26, 2012
Good Day,

Not so fast... While some may be "politicizing" Bengazhi... imagine for just one moment if this event went down the exact same way but instead of Obama as President it was Bush. Calls for impeachment or even leaving office would be howled from the so called "mainstream" media.

More importanly, where are the answers? Where is the taking of responsibility? Why were four Americans not protected by their government which could have prevented their deaths? Why all the obfuscation...?

Steelie
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#57 Nov 27, 2012
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there are many questions that are very important. All news outlets should be demanding answers. This guy lost all credibility when he said a small fire fight. Sworn testimony says it was a whole lot more than a small arms fire fight. Obama won't release the tapes for good reason.
I'm not seeing the lie. McCain has not backed off either. As far as the number of contractors in Iraq that died. I'm not so sure that it has been covered up. Where is CNN, ABC, MSNBC, etc. why would it only be FOX in question about that. If you are familiar with FOX news there is many interviews that are that short. That is not out of the ordinary. It happens with interviews that have nothing at all to do with politics. It is something that I get upset about also.
Much like kool-aid, I can see that the FAUX News Tea is quite intoxicating to the lowly educated......
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#58 Nov 27, 2012
Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
Not so fast... While some may be "politicizing" Bengazhi... imagine for just one moment if this event went down the exact same way but instead of Obama as President it was Bush. Calls for impeachment or even leaving office would be howled from the so called "mainstream" media.
More importanly, where are the answers? Where is the taking of responsibility? Why were four Americans not protected by their government which could have prevented their deaths? Why all the obfuscation...?
Steelie
Some politicizing?

This from the guy who has tried to politicize everything but the sun coming up in the east for the last four years...... Funny!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#59 Nov 27, 2012
_Dingo wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt the repubs would put Lassie on separate jet at taxpayers' expense.
According to what we've learned, Republicans would just tie Lassie to the roof of the family car.........

Lassie would love it!

Location hidden

#60 Nov 27, 2012
Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
Steelie
Steelie, why do people not remember, that Susan Rice's words were from. a Meet the Press appearence, 5 days after the incident, and she clearly stated that any observations, she spoke of were based on intelligence of the day, and subject to clarification, based on the upcoming investigation? They never play the whole conversation and also, never point out that our own people were not allowed back to the site for two weeks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bengazi is back 2 hr pipedream 145
tex-mex visits white house . . . without invita... 16 hr bobolinq 1
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) 17 hr Amy 96
Quote of the Day (Jun '08) 17 hr Times are a Changing 2,848
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? 17 hr Really 64
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 21 hr Go Blue Forever 128
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 21 hr Go Blue Forever 1,377
•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hudsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hudsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudsonville