Open Records Requests for City of Hun...

Open Records Requests for City of Huntington

Posted in the Hudson Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Katy, TX

#1 Jul 28, 2012
Here are example requests for City of Huntington

1 A copy of bank statements for all accounts for the bank statement(s) who ending statement period dates is in May 2011 for the city.
2 I am requesting to inspect the job applications and resumes of current employees.
3 A copy of or allow to inspect any paper work involving any accident involving any and all vehicles owned by the City for year 2006.
4 The VIN, LP, Year, Model, Model, Description, color, and current mileage of all Automobiles exclusive of heavy duty trucks owned by the city and a copy of the title and bill of sale..
5 A copy of charges/bills by Jimmy Cassels for the month of April 2011.
6 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all open records requests made to the city for year 2007.
7 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all open records requests made to the city for year 2011 thus far.
8 A copy of bank statements for all accounts for the bank statement(s) who ending statement period dates is in July 2011 for the city.
9 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all purchase orders for the March 2011 for the city police department.
10 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all open records requests made to the city for year 2008.
11 A copy of bank statements for all accounts for the bank statement(s) who ending statement period dates is in June 2011 for the city.
12 A copy of the checks paid to the state of Texas from fines, monies, etc. collected the city for traffic fines and the name of the state agency the money/fines was transferred to and the date of such transfer, and evidence of such transfers, including bank statements, internally generated reports, memos, etc. for the Month of May 2010. If the money is intertwined with other fines collected for other purposes, any internal reports, memos, documents that help or distinguish between the monies.
13 A copy of bank statements for all accounts for the bank statement(s) who ending statement period dates is in February 2011 for the city.
14 To inspect the performance evaluations for each period of review during the employment (Open Records Decision Number 470 in 1987) for the months of April and May 2011 for current employees.
15 A copy of the checks paid to the state of Texas from fines, monies, etc. collected the city for traffic fines and the name of the state agency the money/fines was transferred to and the date of such transfer, and evidence of such transfers, including bank statements, internally generated reports, memos, etc. for the Month of March 2010. If the money is intertwined with other fines collected for other purposes, any internal reports, memos, documents that help or distinguish between the monies.
16 A copy of or allowed to inspect any paper work involving any accident involving any and all vehicles owned by the City for year 2008.
17 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all demand letters and claim letters including settlement negotiation information and information relating to pending litigation matters the city has received for the year 2011.
18 To inspect Mileage reports for all city vehicles for the month of January, 2011.
19 A copy of the checks paid to the state of Texas from fines, monies, etc. collected the city for traffic fines and the name of the state agency the money/fines was transferred to and the date of such transfer, and evidence of such transfers, including bank statements, internally generated reports, memos, etc. for the Month of January 2010. If the money is intertwined with other fines collected for other purposes, any internal reports, memos, documents that help or distinguish between the monies.
20 A copy of checks or other evidence of money directly transferred for attorney services by Jimmy Cassels for the month of January 2011.
21 A copy of charges/bills by Jimmy Cassels for the month of February 2011.
22 A copy of checks or other evidence of money directly transferred for attorney services by Jimmy Cassels for the month of April 2011.

Katy, TX

#2 Jul 28, 2012
More example open records requests for Huntington

23 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all demand letters and claim letters including settlement negotiation information and information relating to pending litigation matters the city has received for the year 2008.
24 A copy of charges/bills by Jimmy Cassels for the month of March 2011.
25 A copy of charges/bills by Jimmy Cassels for the month of May 2011.
26 A copy of checks or other evidence of money directly transferred for attorney services by Jimmy Cassels for the month of March 2011.
27 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all demand letters and claim letters including settlement negotiation information and information relating to pending litigation matters the city has received for the year 2010.
28 The policy on vehicle use by employees of the City.
29 A copy of or allowed to inspect any paper work involving any accident involving any and all vehicles owned by the City for year 2011.
30 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of employee rules, administrative rules, employee handbooks, etc. related to hiring related persons or nepotism.
31 I am requesting to inspect the sex, salary, title and dates of employment, of current employees.
32 A copy of or allowed to inspect any paper work involving any accident involving any and all vehicles owned by the City for year 2010.
33 I am requesting to inspect the past work history, including names and addresses of former employers, dates of employment, kind of work, salary, and reasons for leaving prior employment for current employees.
34 A copy of checks or other evidence of money directly transferred for attorney services by Jimmy Cassels for the month of May 2011.
35 A copy of bank statements for all accounts for the bank statement(s) who ending statement period dates is in April 2011 for the city.
36 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all open records requests made to the city for year 2009.
37 The examination scores for each period of review during the employment (Open Records Decision Number 441 in 1986) for the months of April and May 2011 for the current employees.
38 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all purchase orders for the May 2011 for the city police department.
39 A copy of bank statements for all accounts for the bank statement(s) who ending statement period dates is in March 2011 for the city.
40 To inspect Mileage reports for all city vehicles for the month of March, 2011.
41 To inspect the job references, occupations, addresses, telephone numbers, and the comments of the references (Open Records Decision Number 455 in 1987) for the current employees.
42 A copy of the checks paid to the state of Texas from fines, monies, etc. collected the city for traffic fines and the name of the state agency the money/fines was transferred to and the date of such transfer, and evidence of such transfers, including bank statements, internally generated reports, memos, etc. for the Month of February 2010. If the money is intertwined with other fines collected for other purposes, any Internal reports, memos, documents that help or distinguish between the monies.
43 A copy of or allowed to inspect any paper work involving any accident involving any and all vehicles owned by the City for year 2009.
44 To inspect Mileage reports for all city vehicles for the month of April, 2011.
45 A copy of bank statements for all accounts for the bank statement(s) who ending statement period dates is in January 2011 for the city.
46 A copy of charges/bills by Jimmy Cassels for the month of January 2011.
47 To inspect Mileage reports for all city vehicles for the month of May, 2011.
48 To inspect Mileage reports for all city vehicles for the month of February, 2011.
49 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all purchase orders for the February 2011 for the city police department.
50 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all purchase orders for the January 2011 for the city police department.

Katy, TX

#3 Jul 28, 2012
Here are some more open records requests for City of Huntington

51 A copy of checks or other evidence of money directly transferred for attorney services by Jimmy Cassels for the month of February 2011.
52 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all demand letters and claim letters including settlement negotiation information and information relating to pending litigation matters the city has received for the year 2007.
53 A copy of the checks paid to the state of Texas from fines, monies, etc. collected the city for traffic fines and the name of the state agency the money/fines was transferred to and the date of such transfer, and evidence of such transfers, including bank statements, internally generated reports, memos, etc. for the Month of April 2010. If the money is intertwined with other fines collected for other purposes, any internal reports, memos, documents that help or distinguish between the monies.
54 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all demand letters and claim letters including settlement negotiation information and information relating to pending litigation matters the city has received for the year 2009.
55 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all open records requests made to the city for year 2010.
56 A copy of or allowed to inspect any paper work involving any accident involving any and all vehicles owned by the City for year 2007.
57 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all purchase orders for the April 2011 for the city police department.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 30, 2012
Up Up and Away wrote:
Here are some more open records requests for City of Huntington
51 A copy of checks or other evidence of money directly transferred for attorney services by Jimmy Cassels for the month of February 2011.
52 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all demand letters and claim letters including settlement negotiation information and information relating to pending litigation matters the city has received for the year 2007.
53 A copy of the checks paid to the state of Texas from fines, monies, etc. collected the city for traffic fines and the name of the state agency the money/fines was transferred to and the date of such transfer, and evidence of such transfers, including bank statements, internally generated reports, memos, etc. for the Month of April 2010. If the money is intertwined with other fines collected for other purposes, any internal reports, memos, documents that help or distinguish between the monies.
54 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect of all demand letters and claim letters including settlement negotiation information and information relating to pending litigation matters the city has received for the year 2009.
55 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all open records requests made to the city for year 2010.
56 A copy of or allowed to inspect any paper work involving any accident involving any and all vehicles owned by the City for year 2007.
57 A copy of and/or allowed to inspect all purchase orders for the April 2011 for the city police department.
I understand but please don't tell me you asked for all this information from the City. Do you realize the time and cost this would be when they have other things to be doing?(This is what they said about these requests) I hope you would better serve the purpose by attending the Council meetings and listening, take notes, etc.
Run for a Council position or find someone to run. We can't change anything in the past. We need to pay attention to right now. We need citizens showing up at the Council meetings! Be there, be a silent witness, it makes them nervous, if nothing else.

Katy, TX

#7 Jul 30, 2012
inacar wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand but please don't tell me you asked for all this information from the City. Do you realize the time and cost this would be when they have other things to be doing?(This is what they said about these requests) I hope you would better serve the purpose by attending the Council meetings and listening, take notes, etc.
Run for a Council position or find someone to run. We can't change anything in the past. We need to pay attention to right now. We need citizens showing up at the Council meetings! Be there, be a silent witness, it makes them nervous, if nothing else.
No disrespect intended but do you believe what they said just because they said it? They are obligated to answer open records requests. That is the law. Perhaps you didn't know many gov agencies regularly and routinely respond to multiple open records requests on a daily basis. The city of nacogdoches has an online open records requests website. See http://www.mygovhelp.org/nacogdochestx/

The Sheriff regularly turns over reports, arrest logs, jail records, etc. on a daily basis. Some governmental bodies have online records such as the check register.

This proposition that open records requests should not be done because they have other things to do is wrong (no disrespect intended.) If we fall into this ideology, we will begin making open records requests more restrictive under the law. If there ever was a time to hold government more accountable, it is now. On the National level, we are trillions of dollars in debt. State and local levels financial difficulties exist everywhere. Money is being passed out like its free.

The only way that we can hold gov more accountable is to know what they are doing. Don't believe much you read in the paper. The paper only tells part of the story and does not research what the gov officials tell them. Investigative reporting is dead. We citizens have to check up on government.

If open records requests are a problem, maybe they need to hire someone for providing records.

I respect you opinion. I hope I have shed some light on some things you might have not considered in your opinion. I don't know if you will change your opinion or not. But I ask you reconsider.

Katy, TX

#8 Jul 30, 2012
inacar wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they said they would say it takes time and costs. They want to discourage people from filing requests. They want to paint requestors as bad people. They don't want you to find out what they are doing.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 31, 2012
Up Up and Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they said they would say it takes time and costs. They want to discourage people from filing requests. They want to paint requestors as bad people. They don't want you to find out what they are doing.
Really it would be great if more people would request various things but these requests in my opinion were chasing rabbits that have already died and been buried. "Everyone" knows things are not right at City Hall but "Nobody" wants to do anything. So until the Citizens decide they want better it will continue. "Anyone" that stands up gets rolled over because they go in after the City has circled the wagons and brought in the Choir to sing. You must never let them know you are coming. The City has been doing this for many years and as long as the Citizens go in unprepared with no backup, they will be mowed down. A Citizen group must be formed and organized with a lawyer who can play their game with the same rules. Anyone ready to get it done? I won't hold my breath, but I do want to add, this is the first time in many years we have members on the Council that may hold the course of why they are there. Not fall in line and start singing the "How wonderful we are." song. I guess we all hope they will clean up their own mess and we can stay out of it but..........

Location hidden

#10 Jul 31, 2012
Has anyone requested pay/salaries of the City employees? I have heard Bruce is making $60,000 a year plus all the lunches, cell phone, workshops and gas he can charge to the City Credit Card. Anyone know what his salary is? And about ethics, how ethical is it to do his Zavalla job during the time he is supposed to be on the job at Huntington as City manager? The people in Zavalla think this is so funny, we pay him for doing their work.

Katy, TX

#11 Jul 31, 2012
inacar, have you ever asked yourself, or anyone else, why there has been such a turnover of council members lately? Why are they leaving almost as fast as they are getting in there?? There are a few "stead fast" who have taken hold and won't let go.... yet. I had one council member tell me "We Can't Be Touched"... yes, those exact words came out of his mouth.... tells me that they an do whatever they want, whenever they want, and they have no worries... but why??????

Katy, TX

#12 Jul 31, 2012
inacar, yes, I have seen a pay/salary record of the employees from a few years ago. I was not surprised at the pay they are getting for not doing a job.

Katy, TX

#13 Jul 31, 2012
I would like to every one to know that I think
Betty Gregson, City secretary of Huntington is a professional person. She has been real nice to me. Even though I am suggesting people send in open records requests to the City, I have problem with Mrs. Gregson.

Katy, TX

#14 Jul 31, 2012
you are one of the lucky few Up Up and Away, I have had several people tell me that she was difficult to deal with

Katy, TX

#15 Jul 31, 2012
Up Up and Away wrote:
I would like to every one to know that I think
Betty Gregson, City secretary of Huntington is a professional person. She has been real nice to me. Even though I am suggesting people send in open records requests to the City, I have problem with Mrs. Gregson.
I made a mistake in the above posting. I meant to say that I DON'T have a problem with Mrs. Gregson.

Katy, TX

#16 Aug 1, 2012
The more I think about it, the more I think that the personnel files for all current employees, especially those of Bruce Milstead and Betsy Gregson should be requested. I think it would be interesting to see their resume's and application for employment from when they were hired.

Location hidden

#17 Aug 1, 2012
Manuela wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think that the personnel files for all current employees, especially those of Bruce Milstead and Betsy Gregson should be requested. I think it would be interesting to see their resume's and application for employment from when they were hired.
Well as I understand it, Bruce freely admits he doesn't know much about finance but his mother was a math teacher. I wonder if that's on his resume? That's why the City now has hired a consulting firm to help. It cost the City/Us $36,000 for their advice on the refinancing of the $3,000,000 in loans. And yes the interest rate decrease is saving us $26,000 a year.......blah blah blah

Katy, TX

#18 Aug 1, 2012
inacar wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as I understand it, Bruce freely admits he doesn't know much about finance but his mother was a math teacher. I wonder if that's on his resume? That's why the City now has hired a consulting firm to help. It cost the City/Us $36,000 for their advice on the refinancing of the $3,000,000 in loans. And yes the interest rate decrease is saving us $26,000 a year.......blah blah blah
You should request his personel file. I have already posted the key words to invoke personnel files in other postings.

Katy, TX

#19 Aug 1, 2012
they have had a consulting firm for a while from what I've heard. Request a copy of his personnel file and see if it's on his resume.... something tells me it will be a teeny tiny file and should not take very long for the city secretary to make copies.

Location hidden

#20 Aug 2, 2012
Manuela wrote:
they have had a consulting firm for a while from what I've heard. Request a copy of his personnel file and see if it's on his resume.... something tells me it will be a teeny tiny file and should not take very long for the city secretary to make copies.
His Resume summary is listed on the City of Huntington Website.

Katy, TX

#21 Aug 2, 2012
inacar wrote:
<quoted text>
His Resume summary is listed on the City of Huntington Website.
The resume on the website is NOT the actual document. You should ask to see the actual document. I bet the one on the internet is an edited version. Don't believe what you see because that I bet is an edited version

Katy, TX

#22 Aug 2, 2012
Oh yes, I want to see the actual document. And since the city is monitoring Topix and what is being said and by whom (and I'm the only one using my real name), then I will from here forward be careful of my wording, AND, not tip my hand to them, sure don't want anything to come up "missing" from any files that might be requested :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Mc gangs in Nac May '16 FW Daughter 2
reagan mcclain May '16 what 2
Lufkin industries (Sep '15) May '16 Mikey 4
Ben Curtis Affair (Mar '15) May '16 Huckleberry 13
Rodney wells May '16 Chris 1
Looking to move to Nacogdoches (Dec '09) May '16 Live_between_lufk... 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages