Postcard arrives in Ohio 47 years late

Postcard arrives in Ohio 47 years late

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 14, 2009, titled Postcard arrives in Ohio 47 years late. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A woman's postcard bearing greetings from Montana has finally arrived in northeastern Ohio - 47 years later.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

moni

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 16, 2009
is it possible to still get delivered? i mean postage was probably a few cents then...why didnt it get returned to sender.
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

#2 Mar 17, 2009
moni wrote:
is it possible to still get delivered? i mean postage was probably a few cents then...why didnt it get returned to sender.
It was probably postmarked 47 years ago and cancelled.
Ben Dover

Camp Hill, PA

#3 Mar 17, 2009
Gotta love the US post office. They want to cut service back?

Since: Feb 08

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Ben Dover wrote:
Gotta love the US post office. They want to cut service back?
I think they should just take away their monopoly on first class mail service and open the whole shooting match up to competitors. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about here - it has happened before.

Since: Feb 08

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 17, 2009
The front of the postcard had a mug on it and it said, "Wish you were beer!". Man, I'm glad that finally got delivered...the world needs laughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any women up for dome text fun ??? Jul '15 hunter 1
Review: Building Futures Jul '15 Sarah 1
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Jul '15 Larry 19
News Steelworkers on strike at Rotek Inc. in Aurora (Jan '13) Jun '15 nervous breakdown 4,998
Is there anyone in this area that does unsecure... Jun '15 Cavalier330 2
News What's With the 'T' in LGBT? Jun '15 NE Jade 6
Tired Of White Racist Cops Harassing Blacks (Jul '08) Jun '15 hoebo 128
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages