Postcard arrives in Ohio 47 years late

Postcard arrives in Ohio 47 years late

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Postcard arrives in Ohio 47 years late. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A woman's postcard bearing greetings from Montana has finally arrived in northeastern Ohio - 47 years later.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Cindy Stainker

Plant City, FL

#1 Mar 14, 2009
Kinda cool when stuff turns up years later.

Since: Jan 09

Maribel, Texas

#2 Mar 14, 2009
Who ever coined the word "Snail Mail" sure hit the nail on the head here.
sign feld

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 14, 2009
Newman !
attn_required

United States

#4 Mar 14, 2009
Why are we giving negative news to our post offices??? they will have another reason to go postal on us!!!!!!

“Live Life with GUSTO!!!”

Since: Jun 08

St. Paul, MN

#5 Mar 14, 2009
One way or another the US mail always comes through.

Since: Mar 09

Brownsville, TX

#6 Mar 14, 2009
Better late than never? Unless it was a postcard from afghanistan warning us of impending danger in 2001
mike

Mechanicsburg, PA

#7 Mar 14, 2009
That is the post office that I have come to love. My latest with the post office, the worker is makeing up their own regulations. I had to look up the shipping regulations myself and file a complaint, when in question use usps.com . Just to let you know you can ship a rifle through usps. you have to send a unloaded, unmarked box, prove it is unloaded. to a holder of a FFL.

just fyi code 601.11.2, 601.11.3 publication 43 and 52
cbscout

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 14, 2009
Almost any other post office in the world would have thrown it in the trash. One of the great things about the USPS, they will still deliever it even if it might make them look bad.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2009
sign feld wrote:
Newman !
Had to be Newman, because Cliff Clavin would have never let that happen!
Joliet Jake

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 15, 2009
cbscout wrote:
Almost any other post office in the world would have thrown it in the trash. One of the great things about the USPS, they will still deliever it even if it might make them look bad.
It has nothing to do with image!
>
The Post Office just wanted to collect the additional 26 cents that was due, because of incorrect postage.
>
Penny Postcards, get real!
Maplewood

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 16, 2009
They should do a clean up every 6 months or years so things like this doesn't happened and it still never got delivered the person is dead.
Clean up your office and equipment area and see what else is there.-- Maybe my refund from 1980 - I had to have the government recut the check

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crime watch May '16 Gop 1
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Mar '16 VidGuy 25
News Stow man sentenced after lying about shooting h... Feb '16 Walkin Boss 1
News Streetsboro men indicted for Aurora, Kent burgl... Jan '16 Walkin Boss 1
Twinsburg Old School (Oct '13) Jan '16 Anonymous 5
Is there anyone in this area that does unsecure... (Jun '15) Dec '15 Hii 3
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Nov '15 Lee Schumacher 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages