Little Tikes to sell Hudson complex

Little Tikes to sell Hudson complex

There are 37 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Little Tikes to sell Hudson complex. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

The 122 acres and seven buildings in Hudson currently owned by Little Tikes are up for sale.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Corporate Welfare

Strongsville, OH

#1 Jan 19, 2008
Do they plan to make toys with lead pigments in Mexico or are they waiting to do that in China?
justme

Loudonville, OH

#2 Jan 19, 2008
Corporate Welfare wrote:
Do they plan to make toys with lead pigments in Mexico or are they waiting to do that in China?
Hope not, Little Tikes still makes everything here in the US.
OMG

Akron, OH

#3 Jan 19, 2008
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope not, Little Tikes still makes everything here in the US.
No they aren't. They are all setup and doing China Manufacturing. Just look at the WalMart website for all the Little Tikes products made in China if you don't believe me. They are all but gone from the USA unless the government changes the import laws. How do you compete with $2 a day slave like labor?
Brown Dawg

Alto, NM

#4 Jan 19, 2008
When I graduated from Falls High in '90 just about every burnout and stoner in school was working at Little Tikes. "Yeah man, I'm makin' 10 bucks an hour. With overtime it's even more, man life is good." That place was like quicksand for people with no skills or education. All those kids who wasted the best years of their life right out of high school making toy kitchens and sandboxes. I drive by that place on occasion and always think about the people I knew back then and thank my lucky stars I went to college and got an education. I'd also think "I can't believe that place is still in business. How can they afford to compete with China and Mexico?" I guess they can't after all.
GOUGE W BUTCH

Bedford, OH

#5 Jan 19, 2008
Another local company being shut down due to my ineffectiveness at running this country. Oh well, I don't care.,
RACISM

Bedford, OH

#6 Jan 19, 2008
Brown Dawg wrote:
When I graduated from Falls High in '90 just about every burnout and stoner in school was working at Little Tikes. "Yeah man, I'm makin' 10 bucks an hour. With overtime it's even more, man life is good." That place was like quicksand for people with no skills or education. All those kids who wasted the best years of their life right out of high school making toy kitchens and sandboxes. I drive by that place on occasion and always think about the people I knew back then and thank my lucky stars I went to college and got an education. I'd also think "I can't believe that place is still in business. How can they afford to compete with China and Mexico?" I guess they can't after all.
Then there was Hudson Extrusions. Most of the black folks went there to work......for a couple days or so.
ramon

Mansfield, OH

#7 Jan 19, 2008
Maybe the $800 can save them. :)
Bill Oreally

Akron, OH

#9 Jan 19, 2008
Way to go Ted. Let another company get up and walk out of your State. I wonder if it has anything to do with Ohio being one of the highest taxed state? When I last checked we were No.3. Funny how everyone wants to blame Bush for this when Bill Clinton started all of this movement when he was President by signing NAFTA. Short memories you Liberals have. Put Hillary in office and you will see even more jobs leave the U.S.
something 2 think about

Wheeling, WV

#10 Jan 19, 2008
Brown Dawg wrote:
And in college we learned how to SCREW the less fortunate who arnt able to go and we sent em to Tikes...we just forgot to take a few business classes on how to stabilize the company..
Holds hand up for a "ya man" to Brown a$$
Cloverine Fleetwood

Loudonville, OH

#11 Jan 19, 2008
Brown Dawg wrote:
I never knock a person who has an honest job. You may characterize some of your classmates working at Little Tykes as stoners and burnouts, but they are employed and productive, so I salute them. I hope that you are using your college degree and contributing as much to society as the production workers at Little Tykes.
True Republican

Canton, OH

#12 Jan 19, 2008
Cloverine Fleetwood wrote:
<quoted text>
I never knock a person who has an honest job. You may characterize some of your classmates working at Little Tykes as stoners and burnouts, but they are employed and productive, so I salute them. I hope that you are using your college degree and contributing as much to society as the production workers at Little Tykes.
I agree completely. Not everyone can run the company, design the toys, market them. Someone has to make them. It is unlikely the college educated are the ones on the factory line. A good honset job for a good honest wage. These people should be proud of what they do.

Unfortunately Little Tikes went from the model of good corporate leadership in the 90s to the typical money grabbing company. It used to be hail the workers, now its screw them.
Sad but no real surprise

Louisville, KY

#13 Jan 19, 2008
True Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. Not everyone can run the company, design the toys, market them. Someone has to make them. It is unlikely the college educated are the ones on the factory line. A good honset job for a good honest wage. These people should be proud of what they do.
Unfortunately Little Tikes went from the model of good corporate leadership in the 90s to the typical money grabbing company. It used to be hail the workers, now its screw them.
RubberMaid bought Little Tikes in the early 90's and we all know how well they've done in Ohio.
HuH

Strongsville, OH

#14 Jan 19, 2008
GOUGE W BUTCH wrote:
Another local company being shut down due to my ineffectiveness at running this country. Oh well, I don't care.,
i am sure you will buy Little Tikes and save it from your villian........Hurry up-Ben & Jerry's are waiting !
BoeckmanCouchFry e

Canton, OH

#15 Jan 19, 2008
GOUGE W BUTCH wrote:
Blame Bush or NAFTA??
Mold Builder

Tulsa, OK

#16 Jan 19, 2008
I work for a Company that did alot of work for Rubbermaid in the 80's and 90's and Unfortunatly Rubbermaid got caught up in the Wal-Mart killing U.S business tactics. Let's say you went to Walmart to buy a Plastic Tote and it was $15.00 this year. Next year Walmart would go back to Rubbermaid and tell them we want to sell that Tote for $12.00 next year. They just keep coming back year after year wanting more off the product taking the bottomline profit out of companies. Your first year sales sky rocket so you tool up for the next year and find out if you do not agree to the price cut you will no longer be a vendor for Walmart. Don't get me wrong Rubbermaid, Hoover ECT... had this coming to them. Numerous times they would give a Chinese Mold maker the job because they were much lower in cost. It is sickening to see out CEO and Presidents of Big companies selling out the American People.
Nope

Strongsville, OH

#17 Jan 19, 2008
something 2 think about wrote:
<quoted text>
And in college we learned how to SCREW the less fortunate who arnt able to go and we sent em to Tikes...we just forgot to take a few business classes on how to stabilize the company..
Holds hand up for a "ya man" to Brown a$$
Nope

Since: Mar 07

Danville, CA

#18 Jan 19, 2008
Mold Builder wrote:
I work for a Company that did alot of work for Rubbermaid in the 80's and 90's and Unfortunatly Rubbermaid got caught up in the Wal-Mart killing U.S business tactics. Let's say you went to Walmart to buy a Plastic Tote and it was $15.00 this year. Next year Walmart would go back to Rubbermaid and tell them we want to sell that Tote for $12.00 next year. They just keep coming back year after year wanting more off the product taking the bottomline profit out of companies. Your first year sales sky rocket so you tool up for the next year and find out if you do not agree to the price cut you will no longer be a vendor for Walmart. Don't get me wrong Rubbermaid, Hoover ECT... had this coming to them. Numerous times they would give a Chinese Mold maker the job because they were much lower in cost. It is sickening to see out CEO and Presidents of Big companies selling out the American People.
Yes, this is true. Wolf Schmitt got suckered by Wal-Mart back in the early Nineties and it was the beginning of the end.

My then fiancee (now wife) and I saw what was happening and took a relocation to Dallas. From there it was on to Los Angeles and now (next month) San Francisco for a job at a major Bay Area university.

Tell the kids to get the hell out of there.
George N

Fountain Inn, SC

#19 Jan 19, 2008
Mold Builder wrote:
It has been good for the consumer. The low skilled job losses are inevitable. The transition is tough but it is going to happen. When you go to work who says it is "your" job? At the end of the week, you and your employer are even. You owe each other nothing. He got a week of work, you got a week of pay. If you want find loyalty, look in the dictionary.
ohio big buy

United States

#20 Jan 20, 2008
Bill Oreally wrote:
Way to go Ted. Let another company get up and walk out of your State. I wonder if it has anything to do with Ohio being one of the highest taxed state? When I last checked we were No.3. Funny how everyone wants to blame Bush for this when Bill Clinton started all of this movement when he was President by signing NAFTA. Short memories you Liberals have. Put Hillary in office and you will see even more jobs leave the U.S.
yea lets blame ted for this when taft ran this state into the ground for 8 years and of course when all else fails blame clinton typical right wing tactics
demfemme

Massillon, OH

#21 Jan 20, 2008
America needs to hold Republicans AND Democrats responsible for the state of our present economy. Both sides of the aisle are heavily dependent on their corporate and wealthy donors; that's who the pols are truly beholden to.

We average and poor Americans in either party need to stop kidding ourselves: Today's America functions as a plutocracy, not a democracy.

I often envision our two-party system as merely two different heads on the same serpent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crime watch May '16 Gop 1
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Mar '16 VidGuy 25
News Stow man sentenced after lying about shooting h... Feb '16 Walkin Boss 1
News Streetsboro men indicted for Aurora, Kent burgl... Jan '16 Walkin Boss 1
Twinsburg Old School (Oct '13) Jan '16 Anonymous 5
Is there anyone in this area that does unsecure... (Jun '15) Dec '15 Hii 3
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Nov '15 Lee Schumacher 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages