Steelworkers on strike at Rotek Inc. in Aurora

Jan 18, 2013 Full story: Recordpub.com 4,657

About 120 members of United Steelworkers Local 8565 employed at Rotek Inc. went on strike Friday, January 18, according to a company spokesperson.

Full Story
rodney ruxin

Ft Mitchell, KY

#1017 Mar 6, 2013
Taylor is in charge, whats Randy doing???? why cant he be???? Lmao
New Purple Sage Rider

Newport, KY

#1018 Mar 6, 2013
rodney ruxin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again there "new purple headed dildo rider". I was at your first information session & learned so much from darlies drunken rants and the unions very own special olympian's captivating speaches.
Sorry, I like alot of others werent invited to the second. Say what you want, but I was told the union rat pack was only allowed to tell certain people, from a very good friend of one of them(who was'nt told either).
I wont be at the third because I dont come when told, Im not your guys little bitch. I sure as hell dont want my name near one of those little "white cards", & lets try and be honest here. The only reason "everyone is invited" is to try to get a good visual turnout for the union rep (whom I would say is about done screwing with a failing, unorganized stunt such as this.)
You guys are way too premature and are going to waste our opportunity if we need it down the road. Let the buckeyes fight for their wages & benefits. If they win good job! If not just shows we will gain nothing from this but another hand in our pockets.
I mean as far as white cards go, we have those at work pass em out! dont waste our chance, do an informal vote first to insure the outcome. Quit pissin in the wind, I dont want any spray back on me.
I don't care who runs the union. I sure as hell don't want to be a rep. I just want a contract, negotiated by us. I think I make a fair wage for what I do. My handbook says explicitly that it isn't a contract. That any of it's contents can change at any time.

As far as being premature, when do you organize, then? After the cuts? If a union is in place, before the cuts, he has to open his books to justify cutting our wages, or he's in the same boat he is up north. It's the law. He didn't open the books, because we aren't losing money. My wages and benefits don't need cut to ensure our competitiveness.



New Purple Sage Rider

Newport, KY

#1019 Mar 6, 2013
rodney ruxin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again there "new purple headed dildo rider". I was at your first information session & learned so much from darlies drunken rants and the unions very own special olympian's captivating speaches.
Sorry, I like alot of others werent invited to the second. Say what you want, but I was told the union rat pack was only allowed to tell certain people, from a very good friend of one of them(who was'nt told either).
I wont be at the third because I dont come when told, Im not your guys little bitch. I sure as hell dont want my name near one of those little "white cards", & lets try and be honest here. The only reason "everyone is invited" is to try to get a good visual turnout for the union rep (whom I would say is about done screwing with a failing, unorganized stunt such as this.)
You guys are way too premature and are going to waste our opportunity if we need it down the road. Let the buckeyes fight for their wages & benefits. If they win good job! If not just shows we will gain nothing from this but another hand in our pockets.
I mean as far as white cards go, we have those at work pass em out! dont waste our chance, do an informal vote first to insure the outcome. Quit pissin in the wind, I dont want any spray back on me.
I told 6 people on my way out of work, the Thursday, before this last meeting, because I was asked to. I'm pretty sure management wouldn't have let them put up a sign. I was told the meeting announcement was waited on because guys didn't want management harassing them all week, like last time. I haven't organized shit. Don't know how I'd do it if I did. I've just passed on what I've been told and I just know I'm voting yes. I've talked to my coworkers and friends about it, I respect whichever decisions they make. I'll be there on the 24th to show my support. This site is full of nothing but hate. I'm done with it. Good luck up north.
john holmes

United States

#1020 Mar 6, 2013
I am so ready for the machines to get here. I can't take this assembly shit mcuh longer. Tired of the operaters telling me to lie on finals, tired of listening to those same operaters bitch when they get wrote up, and tired of having to debur all the crap the drill and turn gyus pass to us. Can any of the current union folks give me good ideas as to which one of machines coming in i should bdi on.
PHIL BARNES

United States

#1021 Mar 6, 2013
truth wrote:
Phil Barnes is a rat
It used to be that we disagreed over the basic facts were fighting over, and we had different opinions about them
Now I think we accept different sources of authority .... and people can establish credibility on their own say-so as long as nobody follows the trail and calls them out on it. So truth if you are trying to make this personal be careful. You might get what you wish for.
call me no vote

United States

#1022 Mar 6, 2013
New Purple Sage Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I told 6 people on my way out of work, the Thursday, before this last meeting, because I was asked to. I'm pretty sure management wouldn't have let them put up a sign. I was told the meeting announcement was waited on because guys didn't want management harassing them all week, like last time. I haven't organized shit. Don't know how I'd do it if I did. I've just passed on what I've been told and I just know I'm voting yes. I've talked to my coworkers and friends about it, I respect whichever decisions they make. I'll be there on the 24th to show my support. This site is full of nothing but hate. I'm done with it. Good luck up north.
Thanks Don for all your brilliant posts, they wont be missed. Not unless u are Gary, either way nobody gonna miss the purple rider
rodney ruxin

Ft Mitchell, KY

#1023 Mar 6, 2013
john holmes wrote:
I am so ready for the machines to get here. I can't take this assembly shit mcuh longer. Tired of the operaters telling me to lie on finals, tired of listening to those same operaters bitch when they get wrote up, and tired of having to debur all the crap the drill and turn gyus pass to us. Can any of the current union folks give me good ideas as to which one of machines coming in i should bdi on.
Maybe you should try a drill. You would probably be good at pokin holes, bein john holmes and all.
Uncle Sam

Newton Falls, OH

#1024 Mar 6, 2013
I think something very fishy is going on, ROTEK wouldn't cheat the government or would they?

I ask every single person that reads this:
Why is Rotek going through all of this, but seem very reluctant to open their books? Alot could have been avoided if they had !
john holmes

United States

#1025 Mar 6, 2013
Thanks rod i believe i will take your advice.
IM just hopng that its not too small and i will be able to fit in around here
Thankful

Toledo, OH

#1026 Mar 6, 2013
You want out of assembly for a machine? My advice would be go to gateway great program over there! Get good general knowledge as to how to run one. Then bid John Holmes then bid then move from machine to machine get a good feel for all of them then pick which one you want!
Thankful

Toledo, OH

#1027 Mar 6, 2013
I bet you pick the assembly machine John Holmes
Robtek

Newton Falls, OH

#1028 Mar 6, 2013
If you unionize before they get there you moght get paid what your worth !
Thankful

Florence, KY

#1029 Mar 7, 2013
As I wake up getting ready to head to work I just hope I can always come to Rotek freely without union hands in my pocket! Great place to work good people for the most part... Just keep the union out!
reaching out

Cleveland, OH

#1030 Mar 7, 2013
Thankful wrote:
As I wake up getting ready to head to work I just hope I can always come to Rotek freely without union hands in my pocket! Great place to work good people for the most part... Just keep the union out!
As I wake up getting ready to do my time at the picket line, I just hope the company sees what they're doing and quits reaching their concessionary hands into our pockets. Great place to STAND and GREAT PEOPLE TO STAND WITH!PERIOD! Just keep the concessions away!
Thankful

Toledo, OH

#1031 Mar 7, 2013
Reaching out,

How does it feel knowing people are working and your standing outside? There are people working inside right now and down here.
truth

Florence, KY

#1032 Mar 7, 2013
Thankful wrote:
Reaching out,
How does it feel knowing people are working and your standing outside? There are people working inside right now and down here.
How many hrs will it take you to get to your work, in Florence from Cleveland ???
Thankful

Toledo, OH

#1033 Mar 7, 2013
I'd say about 4.5 or 4 1/2 hours or 270 minutes or 16,200 seconds... Wait wait wait why spend all that time; in the chopper it takes about a hour depending on the wind.
thankless

Southfield, MI

#1034 Mar 7, 2013
Thankful wrote:
Reaching out,
How does it feel knowing people are working and your standing outside? There are people working inside right now and down here.
If your going to be negative, go on the management site. Its full of dumbasses just like you.
grant county mafia

Florence, KY

#1035 Mar 7, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text> I thought Taylor was taking over
One thing is certain. We will need strong leaders. Taylor admitted he got his ass kicked before.
We need a leader that people will follow
Goober

United States

#1036 Mar 7, 2013
john holmes wrote:
I am so ready for the machines to get here. I can't take this assembly shit mcuh longer. Tired of the operaters telling me to lie on finals, tired of listening to those same operaters bitch when they get wrote up, and tired of having to debur all the crap the drill and turn gyus pass to us. Can any of the current union folks give me good ideas as to which one of machines coming in i should bdi on.
If you've never run a machine, I think a multi-function would be perfect for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Oct 14 Steve 25
Review: Petrox Inc Oct 13 concerned citizens 1
Empire Die Casting Co., Inc. pursuit of ISO 140... (Nov '09) Oct 13 Peggy Pines 12
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Sep 29 Kay 24
Falls fees nothing less than scam (Jul '08) Sep '14 UNtouchable 186
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 713
Why was the man with face tattoos arrested on R... Sep '14 CuriousPerson 1
Hudson Dating
Find my Match

Hudson Jobs

Hudson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hudson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]