Buisnesses Closing in Hudson
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lovin Hudson

Northfield, OH

#21 May 8, 2010
When you talk about the other communities and the tax dollars they get, it is not so rosy there either. Macedonia, with all of the big box stores is still having trouble with their finances, and now Block Buster (again a big box) is closed and right accross the street the big box camare store has been closed awhile. Talk about blight. Then look at Stow Kent. What a mess that is. How long before Macy's closes? Chapel Hill? Be careful, crime in the area is on the rise, and accross the street, ALL EMPTY. So, here we are. Little ol' Hudson. Get down there once in awhile, enjoy the scenery and relax. It still is one of my fovorite spots to visit and shop with my family. I also work there, and am soon to be transferred. I will miss the area, but will still go often as I still live in Hudson. I can go to the other places for the hustle, give me the peace and tranquility that I find in Hudson!
Hudonoma

Irvine, CA

#22 May 23, 2010
On a positive note two new eateries are opening soon where The Vue once was and we still have some other good restaurants. Also, for people looking for a quicker way to get cancer, I see that a tanning place is opening up in Acme Plaza.
Barberculture

Immokalee, FL

#23 May 24, 2010
For the posters... It's a good thing that people try and fail at business in America.
If no one attempted to live the American dream and improve on others mistakes then none of us would be blogging today. Small business is who we are as a people... Let's continue to have the balls to try for success!

If the business is in the owners blood and his/her own sweat hits the shop floor then
success will flower... Market yourself!
Aurora Got it Right

AOL

#24 May 24, 2010
I live in Hudson but do most major shopping in Aurora who managed to lure successful businesses outside the historic core. Would love to be able to do REAL everyday shopping here, but with an outdated Acme and a Heinen's that is "mini/express" NOT full size (I go to Twinsburg for the real Heinen's), that is not possible.
I also don't see litter everywhere in Aurora as I have lately here...seems no dept in Hudson thinks that is their job? For a town with such ridiculous taxes (and wanting MORE & MORE) I find it interesting that almost everything is "VOLUNTEER." Just WHERE is all this $ going? Just where do they get off paying MILLIONS for some old Youth Detention center way out at the outskirts near nothing? What a joke.
Aurora Got it Right

AOL

#25 May 24, 2010
...oh...and by the way...note that even though Geauga/Sea World closed...Aurora is still thriving because they didn't pin all their hopes and dreams on a single place
HudsonResident

AOL

#27 Jun 14, 2010
Google:

Rich Merino has been selling beer, wine since '46

and read the wonderful article (and watch the video) of a Hudson business that has been around since the 1940's. The owner sounds like a wonderful man, and we need to send him our business.

Had no idea "Merino's" was a beer & wine STORE...thought it was a pub...lived here a few years and never once heard anything about it!
Whats with the LITTER

AOL

#28 Jun 21, 2010
just wondering
Babie Beeber

Lexington, KY

#29 Jun 21, 2010
Two words... Mcdonald's Decaf McCafe!
Anonymous

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#30 Jun 22, 2010
I saw this morning that the entire building on 91 which used to have Cottrell's / Ridgeway Insurance / Step Right Up is empty and for sale by owner. Watch - the owner will want too much for a building in a poor business location and it will stay empty indefinitely. The VFW hall is closed, after the City made them move out to make way for the First & Main hoopla. They built a building they could not afford and didn't market it for the hall rentals they anticipated. The former Tackett's Towing building was renovated for ......?? Empty. Konica on Hudson Drive - vacant. The machine shop on Hudson Drive - vacant. The industrial park on 303 at Rt. 8 - vacant. San Francisco Oven was a good place to eat - vacant.

One "niche" success is the cupcake shop on Main Street. They got it right! Maybe the Chamber of Commerce should talk to them about how to do it correctly. It was not surprising that "Step Right Up" went under. It was expensive and not very good food. Health conscious Hudsonites won't eat donuts and hot dogs on a regular basis. They might have done OK if they put an umbrella cart downtown and sold the hot dogs on the sidewalk. People from out of town cruised right by - who knew what "Step Right Up" meant? Cottrell's moved down the road to Stow.

After 16 years in Hudson, I would say part of the problem with the businesses is the attitude of the shop keepers - not all that outgoing or welcoming to shoppers. More like put out that they have to help you at all.

One success seems to be Nicky Nicole - MJ has got it right with that market and the upbeat little store.
Hudsonite

Medina, OH

#31 Jun 24, 2010
Contrast the warm, cheerful greeting and great help when you go into Heather's Heat and Flavor with the indifferent, snotty attitude of the clerks in Chico's. "Oh, you think that bauble is too expensive? Well, then I'm SURE we don't have anything here for you."
min wage retail snobs

AOL

#32 Jul 3, 2010
Chico's? That couldn't be more old lady garish wear! Another store owned by one of the few "mal store" companies selling crap quality (and fugly to boot).
Great way (sarcasm) to draw people in as Hudsonite noted
min wage retail snobs

AOL

#33 Jul 3, 2010
MALL store, rather

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ottoman Empire to flourish again in full glory Fri makedonas from ci... 2
News 2 more UAW locals reject controversial Chrysler... (Oct '07) Apr 18 pill 3
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Mar 30 Smiley 27
News Peninsula woman concerned about bobcat plan Mar 30 Reality Speaks 6
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Mar 27 MichaelJ 32
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Nov '17 Hugh Alpeter 46
Two Children Molested by a 29 Year Old Man in H... (Jun '17) Jun '17 fits44234 1

Hudson Jobs

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages