hudson business park tenent scandal?

hudson business park tenent scandal?

Posted in the Hudson Forum

#1 Jun 26, 2010
Hmmm-- Just saw on the Hudson blog that the "Special Exective-only Council Meeting" regarding the new "Super Secret" Business that was supposed to be going into Hudson Business Park (303 right off Route 8 across from the mega-church) was "Canceled due to lack of business to discuss". Then a new entry was made for a similar sounding meeting except it was "to discuss litigation."

Personally, I am glad. First of all, what tiny bit of info was given to residents made it apparent that it was going to be some industrial operations center (ie: Tractor trailers going in and out 24/7 ...definitely detracting from what the image Hudsonites would want...and why people even live here).

Now how about trying to STOP the slew of people FLEEING here who see this type of writing on the wall, and try to....wait for it... WORK TO ATTRACT BUSINESS DESIRABLE TO THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE COMMUNITY! Imagine actually have to work to BRING that...not just wait around for the lowest common denominator to make an offer to be here.

How about Trader Joe's? Costco? BJ's? Asian Market? THINK a bit...this isn't West Virginia...stop considering business that indicate it is.

OR, OR, OR....since the hospital hasn't even confirmed plans on where it will be (despite the new Season rd ramp) why not THERE????

Maybe if we had less FIGUREHEADS and more business people who had a CLUE what would make residents under 90 yrs old want to shop here, this town wouldn't being going downhill so quickly.

The Hudson Business Park area is by route 8 and not the historical core, so why not add businesses that would actually get residents to SHOP here (as well as everyone along rt 8 without having traffic congestion worse at Main, and without ruining the residential areas.

They economy may be in a slump, but there are far more people leaving here for reasons UNrelated to the economy.

Bottom line: why pay a premium to live in an area which seems to be headed to turn into a clone of surrounding cities whose housing prices average HALF of what they do here.

Industrial businesses CAN be a positive if worthwhile and well hidden (ie: Kraft, Playtex, etc on non visible Jefferson rd in Streetsboro) and truck traffic does not negatively affect residents.

#2 Jun 26, 2010
...and yes I realize the typo: should be TENANT in the subject line

Twinsburg, OH

#3 Jun 27, 2010
Excellent post. I agree, big box does NOT automatically turn us into Garfield Heights. What does it serve us to have to drive to the Trader Joe's at Eaton Square, taking our money with us, when we could have a thriving business park here? Why struggle with Howe Ave traffic to go to BJ's? We didn't earn the money to buy a home in Hudson because we were stupid spendthrifts. We shop at Sam's Club, BJ's, etc. too. That doesn't make us cheap; it makes us discriminating shoppers! I'm sure a lot of Hudson folks feel (and shop) the same way.

#4 Jun 27, 2010
I completely agree!

#5 Jun 27, 2010
I think Visa & Mastercard (credit and debit) should offer marketing services to city admins (for a nominal fee obviously), which would enable them to see (no names) where all users that have a 44236 zip code have directed their dollars (specifically cities and stores where 44236s spend their $, broken down into total dollars).

I think the figureheads would have a huge "Uh-duh" moment, since they haven't a clue how we shop now.

I am sure there must be some marketing programs which have the precise info I suggest. No Big Brother, no "habits" of Hudson buyers, but a blind list of specific stores and areas that get how much of 44236's dollars

#6 Jun 29, 2010
I vote for the suggestions here AND a World Market in the old Cribs to Kids location near Acme, and maybe a book store that has room to walk around
Pointless Mayor

#7 Jul 3, 2010
until you guys get rid of that in title seeking only Mayor nothing will change

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Nov 21 mary 31
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Nov 10 ronn267 21
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Nov 10 Lee Schumacher 37
News FBI's Jimmy Dimora wiretaps capture sexually ch... Nov 6 Walkin Boss 1
Must see video for streetsboro residents Oct '15 Amanda 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Arthur Scott as Mayor? (Nov '11) Oct '15 d pants 4
News What's With the 'T' in LGBT? Jun '15 NE Jade 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages