New school is great opportunity

New school is great opportunity

There are 27 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 26, 2010, titled New school is great opportunity. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Dear members of the Tewksbury community, Massachusetts school districts submitted 400 applications to the Massachusetts School Building Authority for consideration for selection as a participant in the Model Schools Program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#21 Mar 1, 2010
Tewksbury Citizen wrote:
Well it WAS put out by the HSBC committee but if you click on the links it at least gives more info re. a breakdown of costs etc. Just thought it might be helpful to some. Will remain to be seen how it all plays out both tonight at STM and Sat. at the ballot.
I clicked on the links. I read a lot of it all depends, then I read where they claim the average assessment in Tewksbury is $300k, it's not. That was a lie and it was rounded down to make their case look better. It's actually $347,635 and the average tax bill is $3,946. I have no use for people that lie just to get their way.
http://www.mass.gov/Ador/docs/dls/mdmstuf/aag...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#22 Mar 1, 2010
Catmomdu wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, of course. I have neighbors barely squeaking by financially.
They're asking us to vote for this.
So we will.
I could not look any child in this town in the eyes if I said no.
This way you'll only have to lower your head when you pass someone on a low fixed income.
no clue

Lawrence, MA

#23 Mar 2, 2010
FakedOut wrote:
Just like always with Dr McGrath, Blah Blah Blah alot said but nothing of any substance.
That's what graduate school teaches, never be pinned down to a stated commitment.
You don't know what you are talking about. Tewksbury had THE BEST superintendent in Dr. McGrath but the "wonderful" school committee ran her out of town. What a loss for our town.
Sad Tewks Resident

Billerica, MA

#24 Mar 2, 2010
Have you ever dealt personally with her, She is not the best. I know alot of parents that are thrilled she is going, it isn't soon enough.
no clue

Lawrence, MA

#25 Mar 2, 2010
Sad Tewks Resident wrote:
Have you ever dealt personally with her, She is not the best. I know alot of parents that are thrilled she is going, it isn't soon enough.
Yes I have and you aren't the majority.
pulled my kids out

Wilmington, MA

#26 Mar 2, 2010
no clue wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I have and you aren't the majority.
I think she lost alot of respect when she accepted that huge raise and then told the parents she had to lay off teachers. You may not be aware of it but there are MANY, MANY parents in town who think she's a fool. Maybe not the majority but definately alot.
She is not always fair and not always personable or professional. But we are all entitled to our opinions regardless.
Sad Tewks Resident

Billerica, MA

#27 Mar 3, 2010
no clue wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I have and you aren't the majority.
I am the majority, but most people and her staff are afraid to speak out due to the retaliation that goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beatles for sale: the tribute to perform northb... Jun 12 New England Music... 1
News NightSide - What If Hillary Gets Indicted? Jun 8 okimar 26
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) May '16 FF wife 2
News Outgoing Pittsfield city councilor's 12-year ru... Apr '16 Mike B 14
News Police Briefs (Jan '08) Apr '16 Irvinator 360 2
News Sanders wins 3 states; Clinton retains big dele... Apr '16 Three Days 33
News No one claims wayward Bay Bridge Chihuahua Apr '16 They Do 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages