Student killed at Lincoln-Sudbury High

Full story: Boston Herald

Middlesex County District Attorney Gerry Leone identified the victim as James Alenson, 15, of Sudbury.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2013
howdee

Hephzibah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2007

suspect admitted to it
case closed

whew thats a relief
Dont count chickens

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2007

Judged:

The boy is being treated for Aspergers Syndrome which is part of the Autism Spectrum. It is a disability which affects social behavior and the ability to get along with others. These kids get teased mercilessly and usually have no protection or defense mechanisms. I cannot help but wonder if this kid felt threatened by kids making fun of him and made a terrible choice to defend himself the only way he knew how. The poor victim probably just was in the wrong place and the wrong time and made an equally bad choice to say the wrong thing. No excuse for the murderer but maybe tolerance for the disability. Maybe someone should be asking why the kid was in a public school in a mainstream class with a problem like that to begin with. I feel for all families involved and for those students that have to endure the loss of a classmate. It is just a very sad situation. Yes, it is a confessed murder but No case not closed. Reasons are not always excuses, they are just circumstances in the wrong order. I hope that boy gets the help he needs. Prison is not fair for him.
Candy

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2007

Dont count chickens wrote:
The boy is being treated for Aspergers Syndrome which is part of the Autism Spectrum. It is a disability which affects social behavior and the ability to get along with others. These kids get teased mercilessly and usually have no protection or defense mechanisms. I cannot help but wonder if this kid felt threatened by kids making fun of him and made a terrible choice to defend himself the only way he knew how. The poor victim probably just was in the wrong place and the wrong time and made an equally bad choice to say the wrong thing. No excuse for the murderer but maybe tolerance for the disability. Maybe someone should be asking why the kid was in a public school in a mainstream class with a problem like that to begin with. I feel for all families involved and for those students that have to endure the loss of a classmate. It is just a very sad situation. Yes, it is a confessed murder but No case not closed. Reasons are not always excuses, they are just circumstances in the wrong order. I hope that boy gets the help he needs. Prison is not fair for him.
This is so sad, why things happen like this is hard to understand, even at a professional level.
John Smith

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2007

Judged:

It is sad especially when the judge wouldn't let the boy with Aspergers be admitted to Children's Hospital where his medication could be monitored. Instead he was sent to jail. How heartless. Perhaps the law needs readdressing.
I also found it interesting that everyday (just about)Boston youth are stabbed, shot and many times
are killed but not a "big deal" is made out of it.
When the news about the Sudbury incident broke (without any detail) so many people assumed "it must have been a METCO student. How ignorant to jump to such a conclusion. And many were upset that Lincoln Sudbury H.S. does not have a policeman on duty. If they did, could this one policeman patrol the bathrooms?
Just watch TV and you will see that 75% of the programs are about MURDER. It sickens the minds of
these poor kids who live in a fantacy world because
they are so unhappy in their real world.

AMEN!!
GRADUATE

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2007

Judged:

The bully got what he deserved and I know that kid was picked on from people (bullies) just like you. The dead tell no lies and bullies are cowards that are to ashamed to admit that the truth is covered up at Good Ole Lincoln Sudbury Regional High School.

However let me say, "Sudbury stinks, so does Linclon." However here'a some thing you don't know about Sudbury Society where more people change and shorten their names so they can be "Elitist Townies" AKA WASPS (White Anglo Saxon Protetstant to you.)

However if the DA sweeps this one under the rug at the Framinghams Superior Court where justice can be bought the kid will take a plea unless he's got a really good lawyer. However you can bet the truth will never be known unless some yellow belly lying bully comes forward and tells the truth. Fact take a close look at Sudbury it won't take you long to see and hear the miserbale swine that call themselves upstanding citizens to demand justice.

Hey John Smith thanks for the note on the Acton Cops maybe them and the Sudbury Police should get together and see who can do the best Goose Step. However when it come para-military fasion the Sudbury cops dress and look more like the SS.
John Smith Conord

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2007

llegal Immigration and Sudbury Police Deep Frier Bobbing For Dunkin Donuts SudburyCops@DunkinDonuts.com
Candy asked how to stop Illigal Immigration.
The only way to stop illegal immigrants in Sudbury is to close down the Dunkin Donuts so the Sudbury Police will have to find something else to do besides bobbing for their donuts in the hot deep frier (They Like them Fresh). However out here in Arizona there are quite a few Arizona citizens who wants to mine the border with Claymores but Kennedy, Kerry and Bush say no and want more to come.
Nevertheless mining the Arizona border would stop over 300 illegals per day and Sheriff Joe Arpio does a good job and arrests and puts them on his chain-gang until their deported back to Mexico.
By law the Sudbury Police have the power to arrest and detain illegal aliens and hold them until their deported back to Mexico. However they worry about running out of donuts and actually having to work. Officer Gaynor the Meter Maid or is that Meter Man could transport them on his Cushman three wheeler to handle the over load.
However you could become a patriot and start your own Minute Man Franchise in historical Sudbury just make sure you do not file for a permit with "The Sudbury Hysterical Society". They will turn you down.
Graduate
Unknown

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

This student who killed James has Asperger's Syndrome which is a mild form of Autism and Hyperactivity Disorder, and has no criminal record. Other students find it hard to realize that the loss of their friend fell into the hands of somebody with a disability, and find it difficult to to forgiving him. After all he was obsessed with, friends didn't appreciate his manners, and he didn't realize what he was up against. Students have stories to share, and ever since the stabbing occurred, they spend the rest of the school years retaining the fact that John was a very strange kid. Why do youths with Asperger's disorder have the intention to become convicted felons in the future? Did John want to grow up and be a serial killer? What will his future hold? Will he continue to act strange by the time he reaches adulthood?
These are signs of the Autism Spectrum:
Sonic sensitivity, placidity in personal relationships, Loose personal hygiene, language processing problems, primitive, plastic social skills, kooky behaviors, activities limited by obsessive routines, gastronomical choices stuck on one type of individual meal (McDonalds, Burger King, Rice, Pizza, ect.), rote learning habits.
If your child has Asperger's disorder, please explain the concepts to them so they will learn.
Tom

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Judged:

Graduate, you are the stupidest person in the world. Without even knowing any facts what so ever you say that it was ok because the killer has a form of autism and that the victim must have been a bully. The victim was actually a new kid who had been at the school for 4 and a half months and was not a bully to him. Also the killer had an obsession with weapons and lived an hour away from L-S and only went to L-S because of our great special needs facility. Also to say that the Sudbury police are to blame is absurd because this happened 20 minutes before school in a bathroom and then went to the halls where many people had to witness the killer stab him. When I first started reading your comment I was horrified to see that you said the victim deserved to be killed because 1) nobody deserves to EVER be killed and 2) the victim was very shy and would not have said anything to him and especially not anything mean to him. The victim was a great kid who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and to say that it was ok for the killer to do it because he has autism is absurd because he knew exactly what he was doing.
independentminde d

Belmont, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

As a person who graduated from Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School back in 1969, I wish to say this: First of all, Asperger's syndrome and autism are poorly understood biologically-based neurological disorders, which means that the kid who ultimately killed his tormentor was hard-wired differently than most other people. While the killing of the bully is not justified, and I feel badly for the deceased boy's family, I also fault the school for not having intervened and stopped the bullying before it escalated to that point.
Suds

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Ass, burgers... Hmmm now I'm hungry and horny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hudson Discussions

Search the Hudson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 2 hr Kundrot dionkie 4,693
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
@TrafficScoop: RT @EngineCo3: MVA Boxborough Ma... (Aug '12) Jun '14 unknown 3
With some help, Habitat houses in Fitchburg alm... Jun '14 Bob billy 9
Mass education secretary visits small county sc... May '14 Neil Licht 1
Looking to buy on church street May '14 Grant Valhari 3
Asphalt driveway paving recommendations Apr '14 Irishguy 1
•••
•••

Hudson News Video

•••
Hudson Dating

more search filters

less search filters