Digital Equipment Corp. Co-founder Ken Olsen Dies at Age 84

Feb 8, 2011 Full story: PC World

Kenneth Olsen, the computer industry pioneer who co-founded minicomputer maker Digital Equipment Corp., died at the age of 84 on Sunday.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Marlborough, MA

#1 Feb 8, 2011
Ken was an amazing man with strong integrity and fierce devotion to his employees at Digital.

Rest in peace, Ken.
Right Said Fred

Dracut, MA

#2 Feb 9, 2011
Where have all the Ken Olsens gone? He was a great man!
Sela Ward

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Feb 11, 2011
Come on! a founder or CEO caring about their employees while they profit off the sweat of their backs... I don't believe it, how could it be true?
Don Smith

Leonard, TX

#4 Jul 7, 2013
Sela Ward wrote:
Come on! a founder or CEO caring about their employees while they profit off the sweat of their backs... I don't believe it, how could it be true?
That man had more integrity than any person you will ever know. Back in his (and my) day- people like him really existed. MBA's, Financial consultants, "HR Professionals", attorneys and Wall Street crushed him. He was just a good guy who provided a great product, excellent customer service, and integrity- Probably one of the most ethical men to ever start a company. Of course they crushed him. Ran him off- stripped the corporation bare and had a fire sale..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast 2... 8 min Nathan 2
Cousin is 13 and I'm 15 and I wanna have sex wi... Jan 17 Jokaboyx3 3
'She touched so many lives' Dec '14 GoPerry 1
Marlborough police log, Dec. 19 edition Dec '14 Hello 1
Jingle All The Way 5k Nov '14 ecresey 1
New Business in Sudbury Oct '14 cmac01 1
Fattman cries foul over defaced signs Oct '14 Tammy 37

Hudson News Video

Hudson Dating
Find my Match