Welch steps right up for River Hawks

Welch steps right up for River Hawks

There are 4 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Welch steps right up for River Hawks. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

John Stapelfeld had doubts when he first saw architectural drawings for the new Hudson High School, "When we looked at it on paper, we weren't sure that it was going to work," he recalled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Merrimack, NH

#1 Feb 28, 2010
I graduated from HHS's class of 71, the first graduating class of their previous high school, which had features then that many high schools lack today. The new school is significantly (2x) larger to meet Hudson's needs, yet its innovative design acually cuts its energy costs - half of the older school. I congratulate Tewksbury for applying "what works" to their needs, saving millions for the town, and am hpoeful that my current home town of Pelham NH will have the wisdom to make a similar smart choice for its critical need for a new HS.

Tewksbury, MA

#2 Feb 28, 2010
I graduated in 2003 and a home owner in Tewksbury. I agree, the school was in rough shape when I attend. Im exciting about the new building and will be voting YES on Saturday!
had to be said

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Feb 28, 2010
Lets hope it snows saturday so the old people can't get out to vote against the new school.
Tewks Resident

Tewksbury, MA

#4 Mar 1, 2010
This is a great opportunity to bring our community back together. I believe that a lot of the seniors in town are supporting the new school building, because they recognize the value and the need. This is very different from a "regular" prop 2 1/2 override.

I also want to publically thank the team of residents who have tirelessly worked on this project. Many of the lead people on the team are "just residents" with no motive except to help their community. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cousin is 13 and I'm 15 and I wanna have sex wi... (Jan '15) Feb '18 Dr Pill 7
k1kw Jan '18 Citizen 1
News Drug Charges Follow ATF Raid (Sep '12) Jan '18 Tameeka n Carl 10
Is there any 'ghetto' in Sudbury?? (Apr '08) Jan '18 T- Dawg 39
News Paul J. McCarthy, 86, of Marlborough Jan '18 cindy lou 1
Who wants to join my gang? (Sep '17) Jan '18 Chris pearce 4
What is kyle spurgin purgin? (Aug '17) Jan '18 Chris pearce 5

Hudson Jobs

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages