Police Briefs

There are 66 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Mar 22, 2009, titled Police Briefs. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Police say a Lowell man broke into his ex-girlfriend's home and tried to kill her early Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Woman of lowell

AOL

#1 Mar 23, 2009
Teenage romance alway's seems to turn into a Fatal atraction.. This young woman can't put up with tpye of abuse down the line it always takes a turn for the worse stand your ground honey and let the law take over.. He will be brought to justice..
Another Kim

Concord, MA

#2 Mar 23, 2009
Amen
Always TWO Sides

Salem, MA

#4 Mar 23, 2009
How do you break into a house you've been living in for a few weeks? Why did they wait 12 hours to report the claim? If I or my daughter were "almost killed" I'd have police after him right away. This is what happens when 2 people who are mentally ill have a kid and the mom of the girlfriend is a drug addict.
As far as the girl putting up with abuse, it's kind of difficult when she gets in her crazy psychotic rages over jealousy.
Again, there are always 2 sides and woman are better at overacting to get what they want.
Woman of lowell

AOL

#5 Mar 24, 2009
so i guess the the right side is choking her in the middle of the night while she and her child sleeps..
That a premeditated and her deserves what ever he gets...this young man has had a problem from day one. The woman has a right to give some kind of reaction after several times of being abused...... she was not nearly as violet as him he tried to kill her that is completely drawing the line get so help psycho..
Woman of lowell

AOL

#6 Mar 24, 2009
get some help
been there done that

Billerica, MA

#7 Mar 24, 2009
This is a sad sad story especially when there are children involved this young mother SHOULD not have to put up with this abuse rather he is the childs father or not I dont care what the circumstances are between them two he has no right to put his hands on her let alone try to kill her as his son lays sleeping in his crib right next to all this chaos I wish the best for the mother and hope she is smart enough to stay away cause HE NEVER WILL CHANGE dont believe the lies he will try to tell once a nut always a nut
abc

Windham, NH

#8 Mar 24, 2009
there might be 2 sides to every story but there are no excuses for a man to break in a house full of children and attack the mother of his child..that sets a great example for his son..i dont think her mother is the one on drugs i think who ever would stick up for that monster is the one on drugs..
know the facts then talk

Salem, MA

#9 Mar 24, 2009
Lets just say the Mother is a crack addict (many witnesses) and they both enjoy one of the kids ADHD meds to get high along with smoking pot everyday. DSS is involved because moms ex has been back n forth from jail and arrested at the same house with drugs and abuse. The baby's father did not get in her bed while she slept, she lied and now is telling everyone different stories and she thought he would get bailed out like THEY always do when they fight. He was going back to his "home" and no where in the reports does it say there was an altercation with the mom's ex-con boyfriend who is not allowed in the house. Hmmm sounds kinda funny that mom of daughter is now calling to apologize and didn't mean for it to go this far. With the 3 different stories so far it sounds like someone has jealousy issues they need to get over and hopefully that baby will be taken from that crack house. Yes, the father needs help which he is now getting finally after his parents begging everywhere for help. The system sucks and hopefully he can get the care he needs. The more the girl speaks the more it sounds like a false report. Oh and the return "abuse" from her has never been bad? Who are u???? I think trying to stab someone with a knife is pretty serious and luckily only his hand was punctured from blocking her jab. Yup, sound like a poor young innocent mother. Maybe they should send her a bill for all the holes she put in his parent's home walls and for all his clothes she burned and poured bleach on.
Again, 2 sides, know your facts before trying to justify a report that was filed as part of a jealousy "game".
Girls like this are the ones who make it more difficult for the truely abused woman out there.
Why don't u make better use of your time and volunteer at a battered shelter where the real help is needed if you areally care, instead of writing your one-sided opinions on a column from the newspaper without the facts.
Maybe u can help then

Salem, MA

#10 Mar 24, 2009
been there done that wrote:
he has no right to put his hands on her let alone try to kill her as his son lays sleeping in his crib right next to all this chaos I wish the best for the mother and hope she is smart enough to stay away cause HE NEVER WILL CHANGE dont believe the lies he will try to tell once a nut always a nut
The problem is keeping her away from him since she uses him for money, his car and to keep him from seeing anyone else, that's when miss innoccent shows up and the parents tell her she needs to leave but she never does. She just uses the baby as leverage....she sick n twisted and I can't wait for the baby to be put into a better home.
What a great response

Salem, MA

#11 Mar 24, 2009
abc wrote:
there might be 2 sides to every story but there are no excuses for a man to break in a house full of children and attack the mother of his child..that sets a great example for his son..i dont think her mother is the one on drugs i think who ever would stick up for that monster is the one on drugs..
Too bad u can't just make someone take a drug test. You should have went over to her house tonight to join in for a smoke out, others were there enjoying it....including the 1 year old since everything is done in the living room.
Facts Facts Facts

Essex, MA

#12 Mar 25, 2009
Well it seems to me that you act like you know this young lady so well,Well i have done some research of my own.
THIS IS MY STORY,LISTEN TO ME TELL IT.
you claim she is such a bad mother,she took these actions to protect her child from a serious lunatic. When all the brothers get girls pregnant and keep breading more nuts cases for the world to deal with.
all living under mommy's roof,that is degusting may i add. well mommy sits back and watching then all them sell drugs to provide for these children or collect ssi, instead of being a responcable adult and taking care of there children with areal job. So how is the parenting skills in that home,As a mom lays asleep from a night of partying and her her child drowns in the back yard WHERE WAS HIS PROTECTION????????? well i guess everyone has the right to there own opinion. So let's see what other false lies can fall out your face..
lies berayed and abused

Essex, MA

#13 Mar 25, 2009
Why does the parents get involved in this story they has nothing to do with this situation. These is between that freak TRAVIS and the mommy. Her mother has had to come to her rescue several times in the middle of the night to her daughter crying in fear for her life and if she ever did put her hands on him it was in self defense. What he the right to hit her but the wonderful Travis can't take a punch. So what she should sit there and get beat up everyday...? This young lady had to watch her father pass away of drugs she is not following that path, and she watched abuse so if she fights back them you go girl cuz thats ones less woman taking a mans abuse. Everybody can say what they like but only the truth lies in the eyes of a child that cannot speak to save his mom and that is the most important person in this situation.
lies berayed and abused

Essex, MA

#14 Mar 25, 2009
i think the woman is doind the best thing
for hre and hre baby..
so stop saying all your lies..
and get back to your onw life..
and for the woman you go girl..
do all it tacks to keep him
out of your babys life..forevre..
REAL DEAL

Boston, MA

#15 Mar 25, 2009
Woman of lowell wrote:
Teenage romance alway's seems to turn into a Fatal atraction.. This young woman can't put up with tpye of abuse down the line it always takes a turn for the worse stand your ground honey and let the law take over.. He will be brought to justice..
Your comments about "letting the law take over" struck a nerve in me. In Lorain Ohio a woman was forced into actually paying for a billboard to be put up, regarding abuse. Her spouse was abusing her, but he is also a cop. She tried "letting the law take over" but it didn't work. So, she paid for a billboard to be put up to bring focus to not only her husband, who abused her and then was accused of stalking his girlfriend as well; but also the lack of follow up by the police department. So, the law doesn't always take over in favor of the abused, it depends on who is doing the abusing..........
Why from chelmsford

Essex, MA

#16 Mar 25, 2009
Why are they defending this man who strangled the female,and blaming everything on the girl and her family.
irreguardless of the family situation that has nothing what so ever with him crawling into her bedroom window and stangling her. I bet if you check he has been more than likely been arrested for domestic before this situation. The guy needs to be locked up for a long time so she can get on with her life , and not have to go to bed a night and wake up being choked. Next time he might kill her
From billerica

Essex, MA

#17 Mar 25, 2009
Always TWO Sides wrote:
How do you break into a house you've been living in for a few weeks? Why did they wait 12 hours to report the claim? If I or my daughter were "almost killed" I'd have police after him right away. This is what happens when 2 people who are mentally ill have a kid and the mom of the girlfriend is a drug addict.
As far as the girl putting up with abuse, it's kind of difficult when she gets in her crazy psychotic rages over jealousy.
Again, there are always 2 sides and woman are better at overacting to get what they want.
Tell me how do you over dramatize being strangled in your bed, this man is obviously crazy and should be locked up so he can't hurt anyone else...
WHAT from salem

Essex, MA

#18 Mar 25, 2009
know the facts then talk wrote:
Lets just say the Mother is a crack addict (many witnesses) and they both enjoy one of the kids ADHD meds to get high along with smoking pot everyday. DSS is involved because moms ex has been back n forth from jail and arrested at the same house with drugs and abuse. The baby's father did not get in her bed while she slept, she lied and now is telling everyone different stories and she thought he would get bailed out like THEY always do when they fight. He was going back to his "home" and no where in the reports does it say there was an altercation with the mom's ex-con boyfriend who is not allowed in the house. Hmmm sounds kinda funny that mom of daughter is now calling to apologize and didn't mean for it to go this far. With the 3 different stories so far it sounds like someone has jealousy issues they need to get over and hopefully that baby will be taken from that crack house. Yes, the father needs help which he is now getting finally after his parents begging everywhere for help. The system sucks and hopefully he can get the care he needs. The more the girl speaks the more it sounds like a false report. Oh and the return "abuse" from her has never been bad? Who are u???? I think trying to stab someone with a knife is pretty serious and luckily only his hand was punctured from blocking her jab. Yup, sound like a poor young innocent mother. Maybe they should send her a bill for all the holes she put in his parent's home walls and for all his clothes she burned and poured bleach on.
Again, 2 sides, know your facts before trying to justify a report that was filed as part of a jealousy "game".
Girls like this are the ones who make it more difficult for the truely abused woman out there.
Why don't u make better use of your time and volunteer at a battered shelter where the real help is needed if you areally care, instead of writing your one-sided opinions on a column from the newspaper without the facts.
What in gods name does all this trash talk about the victims family have to do with him braking in the middle of the night and choking her in her bed he deserves jail time,and if all this was going on why didn't they report it before he was arrested.
Cocerned from lawrence

Essex, MA

#19 Mar 25, 2009
know the facts then talk wrote:
Lets just say the Mother is a crack addict (many witnesses) and they both enjoy one of the kids ADHD meds to get high along with smoking pot everyday. DSS is involved because moms ex has been back n forth from jail and arrested at the same house with drugs and abuse. The baby's father did not get in her bed while she slept, she lied and now is telling everyone different stories and she thought he would get bailed out like THEY always do when they fight. He was going back to his "home" and no where in the reports does it say there was an altercation with the mom's ex-con boyfriend who is not allowed in the house. Hmmm sounds kinda funny that mom of daughter is now calling to apologize and didn't mean for it to go this far. With the 3 different stories so far it sounds like someone has jealousy issues they need to get over and hopefully that baby will be taken from that crack house. Yes, the father needs help which he is now getting finally after his parents begging everywhere for help. The system sucks and hopefully he can get the care he needs. The more the girl speaks the more it sounds like a false report. Oh and the return "abuse" from her has never been bad? Who are u???? I think trying to stab someone with a knife is pretty serious and luckily only his hand was punctured from blocking her jab. Yup, sound like a poor young innocent mother. Maybe they should send her a bill for all the holes she put in his parent's home walls and for all his clothes she burned and poured bleach on.
Again, 2 sides, know your facts before trying to justify a report that was filed as part of a jealousy "game".
Girls like this are the ones who make it more difficult for the truely abused woman out there.
Why don't u make better use of your time and volunteer at a battered shelter where the real help is needed if you areally care, instead of writing your one-sided opinions on a column from the newspaper without the facts.
it really does not matte what the family problems are,she did not deserve to be strangled in her sleep. Thoese problems are for another case not this one. HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL !!!!!
leave her alone

Essex, MA

#21 Mar 25, 2009
This young lady is dealing with this situation and i am sure she is hurting inside..Nobody wants to see the father of there child in jail,but there is a time when you have to draw the line. and the sad thing is she probly still loves him and hates him at the same time. Her responcablity is her child and this is what she has to do to safe her Family...
ok buddy WIERDO

Essex, MA

#22 Mar 25, 2009
JRock wrote:
Maybe he was just trying to have rough sex with her?
You really need to keep matters like this seriuos.. No joke. That is not called for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free admission - Festival & Caribbean concert 20 hr SLC401977 2
What is kyle spurgin purgin? Aug 4 Gpit420 1
News Maynard firefighter wins 'Regis and Kelly' contest (Jul '10) Aug 4 Fee buller 3
Bored Police? Jul 26 Yorebro 1
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) Jul 24 nick 10
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) Jul 21 Darn Tootin 10
Sox / Tigers tickets tonight 7/18 Jul 18 Matildax0630 1

Hudson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages