Witness says he saw missing Iowa girl...

Witness says he saw missing Iowa girls after their disappearance

There are 483 comments on the KWQC-TV Davenport story from Jul 17, 2012, titled Witness says he saw missing Iowa girls after their disappearance. In it, KWQC-TV Davenport reports that:

An Evansdale resident told The Des Moines Register Tuesday morning that he saw Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey ride their bikes past his house Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KWQC-TV Davenport.

NYgirl

Vestal, NY

#43 Jul 19, 2012
I am not sure if the family has anything to do with it or not,I would hope not.Their actions are very odd to me.Someone posted that they would be knocking on every door asking every person in that town,I would do the same!I would not be able to sleep or think of anything other than finding my child and niece.I read the fbi went to talk to the parents at a hotel and the father said he needed to get some sleep.How could you even think about sleeping?I sure hope I am wrong in thinking they know more than they are letting on.Still praying the girls are found safe.What have you heard Talkman?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#44 Jul 19, 2012
NYgirl wrote:
I am not sure if the family has anything to do with it or not,I would hope not.Their actions are very odd to me.Someone posted that they would be knocking on every door asking every person in that town,I would do the same!I would not be able to sleep or think of anything other than finding my child and niece.I read the fbi went to talk to the parents at a hotel and the father said he needed to get some sleep.How could you even think about sleeping?I sure hope I am wrong in thinking they know more than they are letting on.Still praying the girls are found safe.What have you heard Talkman?
Everything I’ve heard, I’ve posted. Mostly I post my opinions. I am a mother and I know for certain I would not stand or sit in front of a camera and smile the smiles this woman has. While then again, If I had her past of the meth use, I just might. Maybe her and Dan needed a dose of it to be in front of the camera. I’m trying to give the family just cause, whatever their reputation. It doesn’t make them kidnappers. I’m just trying to figure out what could have happened to the girls. If the bikes are staged, as some believe, where did the kidnapper first see them and plan his course of action. G/M says the girls rode off around 12:15. Someone (Melissa on Jane Velez) posted her dad called her at 12:27 pm and told he had swerved to miss the bikes ( no girls) on the trail at the lake. This is difficult to timeline. This is the same man who saw two guys fishing on the other side of the lake. If the bikes are staged, there is not enough time for kidnapper to get them out of sight of the guys fishing on the other side. Is G/M wrong on the time the girls left on the bikes.

Location hidden

#45 Jul 19, 2012
NYgirl wrote:
(Here is the girl's post from Jane Velez show). My dad was riding the trails coming from gilbertville. He came across the bikes on the path and had to serve to miss them. He did not see or hear the girls at all. He only saw two other people near the lake fishing on the other side. He went straight to th restrooms and called me at 12:27 pm. So he came across those bikes pretty close to the time they were down town evansdale. He then went out the entrance to the lake and left another way. Road 16 miles on the trails and did not see them at all.

Location hidden

#46 Jul 19, 2012
NYgirl wrote:
OK, I see on Nancy Grace my timeline is wrong. G/M says girls left at 11:30 am. That gives kidnapper possibly 1 hour 5 mins. to see them and plan his action to take them with no witnesses. Kidnapper could pull that off I guess. It looks like a populated neighborhood from home to lake. In this hour of 11:30 till 12:30 where are all family members and possible alibis to verify. Was dad sleeping at mom’s house in Waterloo during this hour. Was Misty on lunch hour or still working. Nothing is known about Elizabeth’s mom and dad’s whereabouts as yet. Dan gets his call around 2 something. If the girls are napped somewhere around the Lofty Tavern bar/truck stop by a trucker, he has the problem of staging the bikes at the lake and getting back to his truck. Same for a man in a car. The bar area looks like a busy area from google map.
Thats real

Owensboro, KY

#47 Jul 19, 2012
Thats some interesting points there Talkman, but I don't think the bikes were staged at all, I think the girls left them there on there own maybe & meet someone, if people around that area had seen these girls out & about the neighborhoods alone lot, then it could be a number of things including some of the parents drug friends, seen them & lured them away, what about the two people fishing, did they see these girls at all & yea I guess a 10 yr old could possibly went to meet up with an older boy who may have known it would be easy to lure the girls away, we all know the statistic's of children with parents from broken homes or drugs or ahcohol involved, but with a town of only 5000 ppl in it ,I don't think it will take very long to get answers, I just pray they are safe
hang him

Pacific Palisades, CA

#49 Jul 19, 2012
I hope they find the girls safe and well. Hang the kidnapper.
Thats real

Owensboro, KY

#50 Jul 19, 2012
whoops wrote:
Just because people do drugs don't make them child abductors!!
Must people who do drugs don't want their own kids. So if that's your theory your need a new one
really? are you serious? how many people on drugs have sold thier kids for drugs or traded them for some drugs to some low life druggie who abuse's them , we won't go thier, cause most people who do Meth will do anything to anyone at anytime including kids, meth heads are totally brain dead & don't care about anything except where & how to get thier next hint or fix, rob ,steal,& yes trade thier kids for it, read up on it & just look at some of the new's reports ,you will see, people who are doing meth will & do whatever it takes to get it. but I hope thats not the case here

Location hidden

#52 Jul 20, 2012
whoops wrote:
Just because people do drugs don't make them child abductors!!
Must people who do drugs don't want their own kids. So if that's your theory your need a new one
True, while it doesn’t rule them out either. Theories of a druggie kidnapping the girls have been that of revenge (not to raise them) on the parents of the girls. The dad of Lyric has a history of drug involvement. The mom also. All theories are being used to figure out what could have happened to these girls, from the pedophile to the parent. These two parents in this case, Misty and Dan have a history of drugs and 2 kids. I’d like to assume they wanted them.

Location hidden

#53 Jul 20, 2012
Thats real wrote:
Thats some interesting points there Talkman, but I don't think the bikes were staged at all, I think the girls left them there on there own maybe & meet someone, if people around that area had seen these girls out & about the neighborhoods alone lot, then it could be a number of things including some of the parents drug friends, seen them & lured them away, what about the two people fishing, did they see these girls at all & yea I guess a 10 yr old could possibly went to meet up with an older boy who may have known it would be easy to lure the girls away, we all know the statistic's of children with parents from broken homes or drugs or ahcohol involved, but with a town of only 5000 ppl in it ,I don't think it will take very long to get answers, I just pray they are safe
I can see the girls being lured very easy by someone in a vehicle (pedophile) with a promise of ice cream. Same with a trucker (murderer) since a bar/truckstop is located nearby. One theory proposed was a relative (a caring one) took them due to the environment they lived in to to keep them safe. I can see the dad or mom of Lyric selling both kids for drugs or a drug debt or money. Harsh statement only because I’ve read it happening so much, it can’t be ruled out. It is not out of the relm that Lyric run away and took Elizabeth with her for some unknown as yet reason. I can see Lyric being mature beyond her years with the history I’ve read, possibly having a boyfriend, wanting to get away from family tension which can impact a child. There are a lot of issues to look at just with the family. The family may think all is well within, while they have got to spill their guts about their life in order to help solve this case. Not, storm out of the interrogation or even being accused.

Location hidden

#54 Jul 20, 2012
whoops wrote:
<quoted text>
Very rarely
This could be one of those "very rare" cases.
Lake

United States

#55 Jul 20, 2012
Twitter is saying that authorities / FBI seem determined that Meyers Lake is going to provide the information they need. They must know more than they have been telling the public...If that is the case, the family being adament about "no need to drain the lake, they are not in the lake, they were abducted"..is going to make them look bad.
NYgirl

Vestal, NY

#56 Jul 20, 2012
TALKMAN wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I see on Nancy Grace my timeline is wrong. G/M says girls left at 11:30 am. That gives kidnapper possibly 1 hour 5 mins. to see them and plan his action to take them with no witnesses. Kidnapper could pull that off I guess. It looks like a populated neighborhood from home to lake. In this hour of 11:30 till 12:30 where are all family members and possible alibis to verify. Was dad sleeping at mom’s house in Waterloo during this hour. Was Misty on lunch hour or still working. Nothing is known about Elizabeth’s mom and dad’s whereabouts as yet. Dan gets his call around 2 something. If the girls are napped somewhere around the Lofty Tavern bar/truck stop by a trucker, he has the problem of staging the bikes at the lake and getting back to his truck. Same for a man in a car. The bar area looks like a busy area from google map.
Like I have said I am not from the area but wouldnt someone see someone set two kids bikes up?You would think that someone would remember seeing a man or woman haul two kids bikes up and walk away with no kids with him/her?The talk about them meeting older boys,they are 10 and 8 years old kinda young for that but from what I have read the girls had a lot of freedom so who knows.I did not judge the parents because of the drug use but based on their actions.Even if the mother is a meth head you would think she would have at least one tear or even just red eyes,something!I really hope they did not have anything to do with it.They always check the family first,most people know that.If I were them I would say yes I have a record and a drug problem I would lay it all out and tell them everything and if I had to tell them 100 times I would,I would do whatever I had to do so they could move on in the investigation.I would be on tv telling the world I was a meth head drug user but did not have anything to do with the missing girls.I hope they find them safe soon.

Since: May 10

Minneapolis, MN

#57 Jul 20, 2012
They probably got in a boat. I would check the few local sex predators in the area who fish there to rule them out. They should have taken the dogs ALL the way around that lake and sooner than they did.
King George

Roanoke, IN

#59 Jul 20, 2012
IMO, these girls were abducted.
I say this because of the purse left behind. It's quite possible that two people took these girls.

I'm most disturbed by the fact that there are 241 registered sex-offenders and pedophiles who live within a 10-mile radius of this family.
http://www.examiner.com/article/missing-iowa-...
Within just a few days of the girls disappearance, police said they had interviewed ALL of the offenders in the area, and cleared them. I find it hard to believe that they had interviewed, and checked the alibis of that many offenders in that short time.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#60 Jul 20, 2012
I'm wondering IF the girl's were actually abducted, which I'm leaning to believe so. My queston is...Beings the parents have quite a shady past w/ drugs, such , could it be someone the little ones trusted?? Bc Dad, mom knew them? just a though.

But NEVER do I understand why a parent, or parent's clam up as many do when their child goes missing..and somtimes they have good reason to do so ..bc they 're usually involved..just not sure that's the case here..but very well may be. Iknow everyone acts different at times like this..but i can't get over how calm the one mom, dad acts.jmo

Praying for a safe return for both girl's
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#61 Jul 20, 2012
King George wrote:
IMO, these girls were abducted.
I say this because of the purse left behind. It's quite possible that two people took these girls.
I'm most disturbed by the fact that there are 241 registered sex-offenders and pedophiles who live within a 10-mile radius of this family.
http://www.examiner.com/article/missing-iowa-...
Within just a few days of the girls disappearance, police said they had interviewed ALL of the offenders in the area, and cleared them. I find it hard to believe that they had interviewed, and checked the alibis of that many offenders in that short time.
Agree that would be hard to do in such a short time..plus looking for the girls too..nah i dont buy that one either KG.
Obe

Tulsa, OK

#62 Jul 20, 2012
TALKMAN wrote:
<quoted text>(Here is the girl's post from Jane Velez show). My dad was riding the trails coming from gilbertville. He came across the bikes on the path and had to serve to miss them. He did not see or hear the girls at all. He only saw two other people near the lake fishing on the other side. He went straight to th restrooms and called me at 12:27 pm. So he came across those bikes pretty close to the time they were down town evansdale. He then went out the entrance to the lake and left another way. Road 16 miles on the trails and did not see them at all.
Can you please give me a description of the two people fishing at the lake? Thank you very much.

Location hidden

#63 Jul 20, 2012
Obe wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please give me a description of the two people fishing at the lake? Thank you very much.
No description. The man riding the bike that swirved to miss the girls bikes on the trail is the only person I've read who seen them. May mean nothing. I saw the post of the daughter on Jane Velez.

Location hidden

#64 Jul 20, 2012
Obe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am hoping this man riding the bike on the trail did see something and shared with law enforcement. The post said he saw the bikes in the 12:30pm timeframe. To me, that means the bikes were empty at that time, while G/M says they rode off at 11:30am. if the girls are abiding by "check back in soon" they didn't get to, while G/M doesn't panic until 2pm. G/M waited far too long to panic. This may be the man some posters don't believe his timeline.
Obe

Tulsa, OK

#65 Jul 20, 2012
TALKMAN wrote:
<quoted text>I am hoping this man riding the bike on the trail did see something and shared with law enforcement. The post said he saw the bikes in the 12:30pm timeframe. To me, that means the bikes were empty at that time, while G/M says they rode off at 11:30am. if the girls are abiding by "check back in soon" they didn't get to, while G/M doesn't panic until 2pm. G/M waited far too long to panic. This may be the man some posters don't believe his timeline.
Thank you very much. I can go to the JVM show website and maybe ask that person...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Promises Kept, Teens Headed To College With Sch... Jun 23 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Cedar Falls Asks for Input on Riverfront Project Apr '16 mammoth 2
News Uber expresses interest in Waterloo Apr '16 mammoth 1
Tim Daman dead at 43 (Aug '13) Mar '16 mohit patel 51
Mary Kay Mar '16 marykaygirl 1
Mary Kay Mar '16 marykaygirl 1
News Sheriff Questions Online Classes for Concealed ... Mar '16 payme 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages