Witness says he saw missing Iowa girls after their disappearance

Jul 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KWQC-TV Davenport

An Evansdale resident told The Des Moines Register Tuesday morning that he saw Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey ride their bikes past his house Friday afternoon.

Comments
401 - 420 of 475 Comments Last updated May 27, 2014
hope

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#421
Dec 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

My insight has always been that a registered offender abducted these two girls. Could I be wrong? I do not know, but I am glad they were found although I wish they had lived. I believe every registered offender in Evansdale should have dna done to compare to the crime scene. God bless the family of these girls. I am praying the identity of the killer is located soon. Let us all pray so the evil person who did this will be caught and can never do this again. My prayers are with the community in this difficult time.
hope

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

So, nobody saw anyone drop off the bikes at the lake? Somebody had to see something. Could the girls have spoken to the abductor before the abduction? Even an anonymous tip could help out a long as long as it's honest. Did the girls mention to anyone they had spoken to a stranger while out playing at some point a day or two beforehand? I'm brainstorming. Nobody noticed a co-worker, neighbor or someone else who reacted in a way which made them seem guilty ? If you suspect someone all they can do is question them to start so don't be afraid to speak up. Anyone who has a convicted offender in their family needs to question them about these girls.
King George

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#423
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

anyway wrote:
Well, I still do not believe the family had anything to do with the disappearance of these two cousins. I have my insights and as of yet I'm sticking with them. God bless the family.
Humble, TX, I don't believe that anyone in the family directly had anything to do with these girls' death. I do think that it's very possible that someone who Dan had dealings with is responsible.
Think about this: Dan was looking at possibly spending the rest of his life behind bars. He was able to plea bargain that down to a sentence of 10 yrs. of which he'd do 5. How many people do you think he turned over to the police to get that kind of a sweet deal. Wylma Cook said that everybody knew that Dan was a "snitch".

At the last minute, the day before the girls disappeared, he got cold feet. Wylma Cook said it was because he wasn't ready to go to prison. I call BS. I think Dan's scared to go to prison. Depending upon who he turned over to police, he just might be a dead man when he gets to prison.

Who do you suppose he was dealing with that might do something like this to two little girls? Dan appears to have been quite involved with the meth trade. With laws making pseudophedrine relatively hard to get, a lot of the meth that we see in the US is coming from Mexico through the drug cartels.
Found this article interesting.
"From Arizona to Iowa, the Drug Cartel has Made its Way Across the Country"
"thousands of people killed, tons of drugs seized and billions of dollars exchanging hands. And Iowa is right in the middle of the Mexican drug cartels’ distribution network."
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/02/from-ar...

Would the Mexican drug cartel do such a thing as this to two little girls? You betcha.
hope

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#425
Jan 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I still stand firm in regards to my opinion. These girls were out riding their bikes. Someone who likely didn't even know them took them for their own selfish reasons. To me it's just common sense.

I think it's pretty clear some of the family were involved at one point or another in criminal activity. However, what needs to be made as clear as possible concerns the fact the killer has not been caught. You may choose to write this off as being personal against the Cook family. Yet, if you're wrong there could be more children in danger. Besides if the Mexican drug cartel had taken these girls they wouldn't be left in a wooded area in Iowa. You'd never know if these girls were dead or alive. They're not going to give you a chance to get it wrong or right. Child homicide which started with an abduction and led to the children being found dead in a local wooded area all point to a stranger abduction. There's imagination and then, there's logic. The Cook family's prior problems are simply a coincidence in my opinion.

As far as this possibly being someone the family knows I suggest the family start typing in names of people they know casually to see if any of them have criminal histories of a violent nature against children. I doubt these murders happened as revenge of any type, but it could be they knew someone who was capable of this crime. You never know. Just don't assume anything when it could be anything.

Also, if they haven't already they need to look at addresses of people who are on the registry. If a convicted offender[s] lives within two to six miles of you and your child disappears while bike riding, a key thing to do in my opinion would be to continue asking police to focus on local known offenders although it could be someone who has never been caught.

I'm in the dark here as well. I do not know that my opinions or insights are correct. However, what's important is that the killer is apprehended. Every possibility should be looked at as many times as needed. This person can not b left out there to do this again.

The heart of a child puts us in the mindset to protect other children. That is what Lyric and Elizabeth would want. That's what all children want and it's what all parents want.
hope

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#426
Jan 16, 2013
 
I just find it hard to believe no one saw anything. Nobody witnessed anyone speaking to these girls? I think every store and shop owner in the area should look back on their security camera footage to see if these girls were in a public place of business that day with anyone. Also,how could someone pick up these girls in an automobile, kill them and discard their remains without there being evidence in their vehicle? I wonder if they've checked with local area car detailers? It is not too late to catch the killer. The more time that elaspes the more difficult it's going to be bringing him in off the streets and charging him with this crime.
King George

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#427
Jan 17, 2013
 
hope wrote:
I just find it hard to believe no one saw anything. Nobody witnessed anyone speaking to these girls? I think every store and shop owner in the area should look back on their security camera footage to see if these girls were in a public place of business that day with anyone. Also,how could someone pick up these girls in an automobile, kill them and discard their remains without there being evidence in their vehicle? I wonder if they've checked with local area car detailers? It is not too late to catch the killer. The more time that elaspes the more difficult it's going to be bringing him in off the streets and charging him with this crime.
The police haven't reclassified the case as a homicide yet. The girls bodies were found over 6 weeks ago, the autopsies have been concluded, yet, police still haven't ruled their deaths a homicide. What do you suppose is up with that?
Gypsy

Manchester, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#428
Jan 17, 2013
 
Maybe because the lab that does the results had an employee that messed up the results then was fired,public knowledge per DesMoines Register,And now the lab has to review all the results from the las 3 months??Do you think soeone wth money paid hi to mess up??
King George

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#429
Jan 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Gypsy wrote:
Maybe because the lab that does the results had an employee that messed up the results then was fired,public knowledge per DesMoines Register,And now the lab has to review all the results from the las 3 months??Do you think soeone wth money paid hi to mess up??
Do you have a link for that info?
All I can find at the Des Moines Register are reports concerning an employee who worked for the Dept. of Public Safety. They examine fingerprints, and he was fired for labeling fingerprints unsuitable for identification which were found to actually be usable to ID suspects.
http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index....
faith

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#430
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I read it's going in the direction of a homicide investigaion. How else do you explain two kids under age twelve wound up over twenty miles away? Of course, it was a homicide. The details of death will not be released. They've already said so. These girls did not have the means to transport themselves away from their neighborhood. It is clear they had to have been abducted. We may never know how they died exactly although I'm assuming it was homicide. What is important is that the killer is caught right away. The person or persons who committed this crime need to realize this is not like stealing bubble gum from a gas station. They would do themselves a favor to turn themselves in. When wrestlng wrong and right as human beings often do it is impossible to consider these murders of two young children anything less than serious. The killer needs to come forward for the sake of their own spiritual and mental condition. It may not seem they would care about such things, but maybe just maybe in the dark of the night they will see what they have become in their sickness.
King George

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#431
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

faith wrote:
I read it's going in the direction of a homicide investigaion. How else do you explain two kids under age twelve wound up over twenty miles away? Of course, it was a homicide. The details of death will not be released. They've already said so. These girls did not have the means to transport themselves away from their neighborhood. It is clear they had to have been abducted. We may never know how they died exactly although I'm assuming it was homicide. What is important is that the killer is caught right away. The person or persons who committed this crime need to realize this is not like stealing bubble gum from a gas station. They would do themselves a favor to turn themselves in. When wrestlng wrong and right as human beings often do it is impossible to consider these murders of two young children anything less than serious. The killer needs to come forward for the sake of their own spiritual and mental condition. It may not seem they would care about such things, but maybe just maybe in the dark of the night they will see what they have become in their sickness.
I agree with you. These two little girls wouldn't just leave their bikes, wander off, and die of natural causes twenty some miles away. I have no doubt that they were murdered.
I just find it odd that the police still have this case classified as an abduction.
Believe me, I consider the murders of these two girls very serious. Too many of our little ones are disappearing and turning up dead, or are just never seen or heard from again. Too many hinky investigations. Some of these children aren't even reported to the public. Catherine Chaidez, age 3 went missing Dec. 23, 2012 in Lake Forest, CA, part of Orange County. Her disappearance was described as a non-family abduction, and was classed as endangered. I looked through both the Lake Forest newspaper, and the Orange County newspaper - not one report of this child's disappearance in either publication.
Something is very wrong with a government that can find terrorists deeply hidden in other countries, but, can't or won't put that same amount of effort into finding the pedophiles who are stealing, exploiting and slaughtering our babies.
weary

Carriere, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#432
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I find it strange that, no bigger tha this area is, no other information has come out. SOMEBODY HAS TO KNOW SOMETHING. I live in a small southern town, and when anything happens,everyone knows before it comes out in news, Also, our little newspaper and local radio, never give local news. We learn on topix, cellphones or tv news, if it makes that. So, what I am thinking, is people are mosty the same everywhere.Local people hav more of a clue on this than the general public. Over the fence.
Gypsy

Manchester, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#433
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Oh,i am sure a few of the locals,and family know what is going on.I have to question the One Mother tho.Her picture appeared with a know pedophile,The picture was taken in May 2012.His crime happened before he had to register,but once a pedophile,always a pedo.Because this man has money everyone seems to be looking the other way.Newspaper article claim he drugged a 13 year old girl and held her captive.Yes he did a little time,but is friends with the family and law enforcement.So i am wondering what is wrong with these people?.
King George

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#434
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Gypsy wrote:
Oh,i am sure a few of the locals,and family know what is going on.I have to question the One Mother tho.Her picture appeared with a know pedophile,The picture was taken in May 2012.His crime happened before he had to register,but once a pedophile,always a pedo.Because this man has money everyone seems to be looking the other way.Newspaper article claim he drugged a 13 year old girl and held her captive.Yes he did a little time,but is friends with the family and law enforcement.So i am wondering what is wrong with these people?.
Could you provide links to the picture and the newspaper article, please.
Ashley

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#435
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

You think family and friends of a pedophile should turn their back on them? Why would they do that. Is the pedophile the only disgusting criminal to be looked down on in society. What about the murderers and thieves. Shouldn’t they all be thrown behind that electric fence and starved to death as a preacher said recently about the gay people. There are enough of the above mentioned, that every family in America probably has a criminal member or several within the bloodline. Does something have to be “wrong” with the person who befriends a criminal? The criminal mentioned has paid his debt to society. What do you want now? His blood!
Gypsy

Manchester, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#436
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Actually Ashley,that would be nice!but the point was that she had a known pedo around her children and now that child is dead.Yep, money talks.Pedophiles thrive on children,we know this.Are they cured?Never.He raped and drugged a 13 year old kept her captive.I hope you don't have children and this never happens to you or anyone close to you.Sorry just my own opinion.
Nosy Rosy

Buffalo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#437
Jan 25, 2013
 
There is a reason this guy's record was not totally expunged. . . God.
Curious

Little Elm, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#438
Jan 25, 2013
 
Gypsy wrote:
Oh,i am sure a few of the locals,and family know what is going on.I have to question the One Mother tho.Her picture appeared with a know pedophile,The picture was taken in May 2012.His crime happened before he had to register,but once a pedophile,always a pedo.Because this man has money everyone seems to be looking the other way.Newspaper article claim he drugged a 13 year old girl and held her captive.Yes he did a little time,but is friends with the family and law enforcement.So i am wondering what is wrong with these people?.
So, who is the pedo friend that you are referring to?
King George

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#439
Jan 26, 2013
 
Gypsy wrote:
Actually Ashley,that would be nice!but the point was that she had a known pedo around her children and now that child is dead.Yep, money talks.Pedophiles thrive on children,we know this.Are they cured?Never.He raped and drugged a 13 year old kept her captive.I hope you don't have children and this never happens to you or anyone close to you.Sorry just my own opinion.
Gypsy, please post a link to the newspaper article concerning this guy.
The fact that he held the 13 year old girl captive is interesting. Remember, a few weeks into the investigation, the FBI was telling the public that they believed the cousins were still alive. That would insinuate that the girls were being held by someone.
I couldn't figure out how the FBI would be so sure that these girls were still alive, unless they had some kind of contact with the abductor. There was never any talk of ransom, and that wouldn't really be logical because these girls weren't from a wealthy family.
I found this comment at the Blink On Crime site.

"At the end of July, message boards lit up that a girl on backpage matched Elizabeth and people alerted backpage and the owner quickly removed the photo and allegedly contacted authorities. Then a media statement was released a few days later:

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said authorities “feel strongly” that 10-year-old Lyric Cook-Morrissey and 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins have not been killed. She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but urged anyone with information about their disappearance to contact law enforcement."
http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/12/06/missing-io...

Backpage seems to be something like craigslist, but, they are under pressure for promoting child prostitution.
http://trenchreynolds.me/2012/08/05/minneapol...
http://www.krdo.com/news/Children-sold-for-se...
Gypsy

Manchester, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#440
Jan 27, 2013
 
I have tried to post Anderson's newspaper article.It was in the 80's when he was in his 30's.
Gypsy

Manchester, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#441
Jan 27, 2013
 
Hope Martin (Buzz) Anderson.yes,that is his real name.As i said not good at getting things from one page to the next.Very interesting read.And if you go to current times.Even more intersting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hudson Discussions

Search the Hudson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
lou and michelles Jul 1 client 1
Michele Bachmann Considers Suing Obama Over Can... (Dec '13) Jun 28 straw grasping teabaggers 3
Tim Daman dead at 43 (Aug '13) Jun '14 cudiya 12
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Do you approve of Carolyn Cole as Council Member? (Oct '12) May '14 Fishboy 2
He's back Apr '14 Correctional Colorado 2
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hudson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hudson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hudson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hudson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••