Fumes sicken Hudson Falls students

Fumes sicken Hudson Falls students

There are 5 comments on the WNYT Albany story from May 9, 2008, titled Fumes sicken Hudson Falls students. In it, WNYT Albany reports that:

Fumes forced the evacuation of Hudson Falls Middle School Friday, sending 21 people to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYT Albany.

Michelle

Albany, NY

#1 May 9, 2008
My daughter was one of those 21 people and this was by far one of the scariest scenes to drive up on at your childs school. I understand things happen, but why didnt they do this at a time when there was no school in progress. We smelled a smell at 715 am when I dropped my daughter off this morning and thought just that someone was possibly blacktopping their driveway. The smell stayed within my truck until I got home.
Kevin C

United States

#2 May 9, 2008
Why wouldn't this work be done either later in the day after school has let out or on the weekend? There are countless examples of just this sort of thing happening, but as we know, economics take precedence over human health; even the health of school children. Having the contractors work late in the day or on the weekend would necessitate overtime wages. It's better to roll the dice with the health of a bunch of kids than do what is right and make sure that the roofing job doesn't effect anyone's health, as a slightly higher cost.
Eva

Lake Placid, NY

#3 May 10, 2008
Massena Central School District, Massena, NY is having the same problem at Nightengale Elementary School. Parents are not be notified of what to do.
lyn

United States

#4 May 10, 2008
Michelle wrote:
My daughter was one of those 21 people and this was by far one of the scariest scenes to drive up on at your childs school. I understand things happen, but why didnt they do this at a time when there was no school in progress. We smelled a smell at 715 am when I dropped my daughter off this morning and thought just that someone was possibly blacktopping their driveway. The smell stayed within my truck until I got home.
I go to warren st. school and we got evacuated.
NYS Fed Up Schools

Lake Placid, NY

#5 May 10, 2008
Who are the Architects for the project? Who are the contractors? We would like the names for comparison issues!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Apr 23 Curious 1,628
A bakery in Fort Edward (Dec '05) Apr 19 Ann Mostowa 10
Northeast Power Systems - Queensbury, NY Apr 12 ephus 2
News ArtBeat: What To See Apr 12 Mary Ann 1
News Kidsa Exchange 2016 Consignment Sale is Saturda... Apr 12 Mary Ann 1
News 1BlogsThe 1957 UFO SurgeColumnist Cheryl Costa ... Apr 12 Mary Ann 1
News 5 Events You Can't Miss This Weekend: April 15-17 Apr 12 Mary Ann 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Falls Mortgages