Hudson Falls coach accused of rape

Hudson Falls coach accused of rape

There are 222 comments on the WNYT Albany story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Hudson Falls coach accused of rape. In it, WNYT Albany reports that:

A teacher and coach at Hudson Falls High School is facing rape charges. Police say 26-year-old Kason O'Neil had a sexual relationship in 2005 and 2006 with a female student who was only 14 years old at the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYT Albany.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Gamma ma

Queensbury, NY

#1 Mar 10, 2008
Okay I will ask this same question again this week? What is going on with these people who pray on our children? This is getting really scary this is to many children being violated it is appauling.
Kaili

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2008
Gamma ma wrote:
Okay I will ask this same question again this week? What is going on with these people who pray on our children? This is getting really scary this is to many children being violated it is appauling.
This is one reason my hubby and i deceided
i would homeschool our daughter.
My pediatician knows a lot about it and has been
helping me with resources and materials needed.
John Doe

Amsterdam, NY

#3 Mar 10, 2008
that is bull shit. Coach Oneil would never do anything like that. I played for him and he was the nicest coach iv'e ever had. Whoever the girl that is telling lies about him just want's attention and doesnt care if she ruins anybodies life.
John Doe

Amsterdam, NY

#4 Mar 10, 2008
ok you can shut your mouth cause you dont even know the guy
Kaili

United States

#5 Mar 10, 2008
This is one reason why my husband and i
deceided i would homeschool our daughter.
My pediatician has been helping me find resources
and he has parents in his practice that homeschool,and they are also helping me get ready
to homeschool.My daughter is only 2,but i will definetly be ready when she turns 5.
anonymous

Watervliet, NY

#6 Mar 10, 2008
Coach O'neil is not a predator as you are making him seem. The entirity of the student body of Hudson Falls that actually knows him agrees that this is all probably false and causes by an attention hungry student.
Kaili

United States

#7 Mar 10, 2008
This is one reason why my husband and i
deceided i would homeschool our daughter.
My pediatrician has been helping us with resources
with all of this.Before i had her 2 years ago
i used to be a pre-k teacher.I am actually looking forward to working with her.
Mary

Gansevoort, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2008
What about innocent until proven guilty?
Kaili

United States

#9 Mar 10, 2008
I am sorry for the double post.
i didn't think it went through.
oh well,at least i got my thoughts
across.
Kaili

United States

#10 Mar 10, 2008
John Doe wrote:
ok you can shut your mouth cause you dont even know the guy
Who are you telling to shut our mouth?
This is a public forum kid.
if you don't like it,post somewhere else.
Kaili

United States

#11 Mar 10, 2008
Mary wrote:
What about innocent until proven guilty?
I am not saying this particular person is guilty.
What i was saying is this.
My husband and i have deceided because of these types of stories,that i will homeschool our child.
I have no idea if he is guilty or not.
But stories like this is th main reason why we want to homeschool our daughter.
I hope i made myself clear now.
Mary

Gansevoort, NY

#12 Mar 10, 2008
Kaili wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying this particular person is guilty.
What i was saying is this.
My husband and i have deceided because of these types of stories,that i will homeschool our child.
I have no idea if he is guilty or not.
But stories like this is th main reason why we want to homeschool our daughter.
I hope i made myself clear now.
I understand your point the first time. However, I can guarantee you that if he is proven innocent it will NOT be on the news or in the papers front page it might be on page 4. Then what his career is ruined.
A friend

Brookline, MA

#13 Mar 10, 2008
I have known Kason for a long time, one of my best friends in high school... I cannot and WILL not believe these allegations. In fact, I know enough about the background of this story to know he is innocent. I think it is sad that we are so quick to believe an immature high school student...and question a good man's integrity without a blink of an eye. He has a kind and beautiful spirit...that something like this would happen to him is an insult to human kind. What the HELL ever happend to innocent until proven guilty?!
Kaili

United States

#14 Mar 10, 2008
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point the first time. However, I can guarantee you that if he is proven innocent it will NOT be on the news or in the papers front page it might be on page 4. Then what his career is ruined.
I have to agree with you there Mary.
If he is proven innocent,you are right,it will more than likely not make the news.
And his career is down the toilet.
I do believe in innocent until proven guilty,
trust me i do.
But like i said before,with stories like this
we all hear about so often,it plays a big part in our decision to homeschool.
I do hope this guy get's a fair shake here though.
I certainly do not want to see someone life ruined over a lie.I hope things work out.
A friend

Long Island City, NY

#15 Mar 10, 2008
It cant believe what is happening nowadays with all these teachers as predators. It is sickening. Not only to myself as a future educator but to everyone who is in the education field. I know this family and i REFUSE to beleive that this is remotely true. It is a good family and there is not a doubt in my mind that he is being wrongly accused. And i agree with an above comment that if (and when) he is proven innocent it will be in a small section on the inside of the newspaper. It is ridiculous. It makes me sick.
Edward Germaine

South Orange, NJ

#16 Mar 10, 2008
A friend wrote:
I have known Kason for a long time, one of my best friends in high school... I cannot and WILL not believe these allegations. In fact, I know enough about the background of this story to know he is innocent. I think it is sad that we are so quick to believe an immature high school student...and question a good man's integrity without a blink of an eye. He has a kind and beautiful spirit...that something like this would happen to him is an insult to human kind. What the HELL ever happend to innocent until proven guilty?!
Not all high school students are immature, first off
Secondly, people aren't always who they seem to be...leading two separate lives is a lot more common than most people would like to think
And I doubt you know as much as you seem to think
Someone bringing these type of allegations...they wouldn't do that unless they truly meant it, unless their own soul had been damaged
longtimefrendoft heaccused

United States

#17 Mar 10, 2008
I am relieved to see that many of these posts are in support of Mr. O'Neil. He is and has always been a humble, standup guy.
I am disturbed by the wording of this article, and how definitive the charges sound. It truly encourages the idea of guilty before proven innocent, does it not?
I am continually disappointed by the manor in which our media preys upon our tendency to make impulse judgments. It's not like I'm a conspiracy theorist who thinks that channel x sits around twisting their mustache trying to ruin people's lives, but I do think they have a way of spinning and sensationalizing stories in order to get us to watch, thus increasing ratings.
I hope many of you will remember to keep these things in mind.
A friend

Long Island City, NY

#18 Mar 10, 2008
I think that at 13 and 14 students are very immature. I can say that because I know how i was and most of the people i hung out with. Of course at the time we all thought we were "so mature" for our age but looking back those years, we were the furthest thing from it. I understand that people live two lives and that is a lot more common than people think or realize, but I really can't believe this one. And people do make allegations that aren't true and are sometimes impluse decisions. No one really knows, and the way the media loves to work, no one really will know ALL of the truth. Just the information that turns heads and makes headlines.
clr

United States

#19 Mar 11, 2008
Isn't this the land of INNOCENT until proven guilty. However, the media puts everything out there as guilty until proven innocent. Why do we crucify people before the whole story has been told??
BGE

Albany, NY

#20 Mar 11, 2008
Kason is a stand up guy. I highly doubt he would even consider something like this. Another case of an Attention seeking Girl blaming the Hot Track Coach of Rape - Innocent until proven guilty. Support Kason, he truly is a good guy. Free Kason!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) Aug 18 Crell 1,723
Review: Spectrum Aug 16 Heath 2
test Aug 6 A Person 3
Men's masturbation party Jul '17 Justin 4
Dr. Merrihew Jul '17 Flyblueeagle 2
News Police say Conn. cop punched Lake George officer (Aug '08) May '17 Yidfellas v USA 45
Mickey breault Apr '17 Fr Gary 7

Hudson Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Falls Mortgages