Bulletin Board

There are 8 comments on the The Post-Star story from Aug 2, 2007, titled Bulletin Board. In it, The Post-Star reports that:

EAST HARTFORD Preservation Society Meeting * The Hebron Preservation Society will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Log Village Gristmill on Route 30.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Star.

Kathy Key

Bakersfield, CA

#1 Aug 9, 2007
Christopher Ramsey became an angel on August 8, 2007 at 8:38 AM. Thank you Hudson Falls for doing all that you have done for him.
eric

Chili, WI

#2 Aug 12, 2007
my condolences to the family
Dave Lampkins

Fairport, NY

#3 Aug 16, 2007
I would like to share something with all of you that was in the Post star in the "letters to the editor" section.I am sure that most of you have seen it but I want to post it here for those who did not see it.
(the post star Wednesday July 18 2007)
Keep Mexican flag out of local skies:
On the Fourth of July we all celebrated our independence,fireworks,parades ,barbecues,picnics,ect.This is a day that honors our vets of all wars and the flag of our country.The colorsof our flag mean something,they are not just there for looks.White signifies purity and innocence;red,hardiness and velor;and blue,the color of the chief (the broad band above the stripes),signifies vigilance,perseverance and justice.
Almost everywhere I look I see our country,s flag flying high and proud,and I am very proud of our vets for defending this country and keeping it safe,safe with their blood,sweat and tears.Why then is a flag from Mexico allowed to fly on U.S soil at a home on Route 4 just outside of Whitehall?There is no American flag there,just a Mexican flag.This is our country and we have only one flag!This whole thing upsets me greatly because of the lack of respect for our country and our vets.It is just wrong!
Dave Lampkins
Whitehall
eric

Arpin, WI

#4 Sep 17, 2007
Beleive me im now where near a liberal but...

If it is a private home, then it is a Mexican who is proud of his or her herritage, and if they have a home than obviously he/she works and earened that home and as disrespectful as it sounds i dont have a problem with it

If it is a goverment building it is a piece of American goverment and an AMERICAN FLAG should be flown and NO OTHER FLAG!. If a alian wants to be here and did it the correct way, like it sounds for the p[erson who owns that house with the flag, i dont think its that bad, many prople outhere have swiss flags in New Glarus ( little Switzerland) and no one has a problem with it. I do have a problem with illegals who leach off of our goverment and then slam it!
Dave Lampkins

Malone, NY

#5 Jan 31, 2008
eric wrote:
Beleive me im now where near a liberal but...
If it is a private home, then it is a Mexican who is proud of his or her herritage, and if they have a home than obviously he/she works and earened that home and as disrespectful as it sounds i dont have a problem with it
If it is a goverment building it is a piece of American goverment and an AMERICAN FLAG should be flown and NO OTHER FLAG!. If a alian wants to be here and did it the correct way, like it sounds for the p[erson who owns that house with the flag, i dont think its that bad, many prople outhere have swiss flags in New Glarus ( little Switzerland) and no one has a problem with it. I do have a problem with illegals who leach off of our goverment and then slam it!
The Home is owned by a local company that Hires Mexican workers and lets them stay at the home while there working.Every morning they pick them up in a van and at the end of each day drive them back to the home.It is not a Mexican home and with the problems we have had here some could be illegals,but then again I don't know,anyway Thats not what I care about.The company they work for should take steps to see that both flags are there,thats all I ask! I have no problems with people wanting to come to this country to work,or try for the "American dream" I think everyone should have a shot at that,but do it the right way and while your here respect our country like our Vets do.I'm not going to give any ground here,I stand firm on this matter because I BELIEVE,I believe in this country,I believe in our flag and our Vets.The flying of a non American flag (by it's self) is disrespectful.The flying of both flags is the right way to do it,it shows respect for both.
Thanks for listening
Dave

“Show no Quarter !”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#6 Feb 4, 2008
Dave Lampkins wrote:
<quoted text>
The Home is owned by a local company that Hires Mexican workers and lets them stay at the home while there working.Every morning they pick them up in a van and at the end of each day drive them back to the home.It is not a Mexican home and with the problems we have had here some could be illegals,but then again I don't know,anyway Thats not what I care about.The company they work for should take steps to see that both flags are there,thats all I ask! I have no problems with people wanting to come to this country to work,or try for the "American dream" I think everyone should have a shot at that,but do it the right way and while your here respect our country like our Vets do.I'm not going to give any ground here,I stand firm on this matter because I BELIEVE,I believe in this country,I believe in our flag and our Vets.The flying of a non American flag (by it's self) is disrespectful.The flying of both flags is the right way to do it,it shows respect for both.Thanks for listening
Dave
Actually the American flag must be above all others when flying more than one.All state flags are flown below the standard. Yes, private property is a different story. But freedom of expression should not be used for disrespect of the one symbol that gave you that right.As for this company that hires all those Mexicans..."Anyone willing to work hard is not bad and should be treated right and with respect" But if this COMPANY is hiring "ILLEGALS" , then report their asses immigration. They are taking advantage of cheap labor and saying f.....you to you. me, and our country at the same time.
the best friend of US

Sumy, Ukraine

#7 Mar 10, 2008
Can you imagine illegals (no visas, no papers) wich doing stupid things? For example - to set up on the rooftop their flag?! he-he :-). Times of illegals going to become history. You know why? But guys in Senate don't care about it.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#8 Mar 18, 2008
Dave Lampkins wrote:
<quoted text>
The Home is owned by a local company that Hires Mexican workers and lets them stay at the home while there working.Every morning they pick them up in a van and at the end of each day drive them back to the home.It is not a Mexican home and with the problems we have had here some could be illegals,but then again I don't know,anyway Thats not what I care about.The company they work for should take steps to see that both flags are there,thats all I ask! I have no problems with people wanting to come to this country to work,or try for the "American dream" I think everyone should have a shot at that,but do it the right way and while your here respect our country like our Vets do.I'm not going to give any ground here,I stand firm on this matter because I BELIEVE,I believe in this country,I believe in our flag and our Vets.The flying of a non American flag (by it's self) is disrespectful.The flying of both flags is the right way to do it,it shows respect for both.
Thanks for listening
Dave
The company that hires illegals ought to be fined and all illegals deported,after they pay back any welfare or lack of taxes they have paid.The company if it continues,loses the house to goverment sell and the money used pays restitution it costs the goverment to support these illegals.

peopel bash Bush for not fixing SS yet Democrats give 300m a year on SS benefits for illegals? something is wrong,and its bad enough,alot of Vermonters and people like me who would have loved to live there,but couldnt find work,,,,go with,,,while illegals reap the benefits of our tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four more men accuse priest of sexual abuse (Jan '08) 3 hr corrupt jew 1,474
News Ballston Spa Welcomes new Principal at Wood Roa... Jun 27 Oz skaneateles 1
q'bury school bus driver Jun 25 bootsie 5
Don Merrihew is a Jerk (Jun '10) May '15 Elizabeth E 29
Need some fun. Anyone in Glens Falls wanna chat May '15 happygirl82 1
6 flags has james cawley gay elvis with lisp th... (Feb '12) May '15 Per 31
MC excavation Apr '15 Wilchris 1
More from around the web

Hudson Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hudson Falls Mortgages