Man killed as pickup explodes in Fort Lupton train collision

Full story: Brush News-Tribune
A Union Pacific freight train collided with a pickup truck early Friday at an uncontrolled railroad crossing in Fort Lupton, triggering an explosion and killing the male driver. Full Story
Robert Pines

Washington, MO

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Why don't ""he"" say railroads are murdering thieves instead of blaming the dead person caught in the railroads un-signaled POS death trap crossing??
Robert Pines

Washington, MO

#2 Jan 4, 2013
http://www.nrc.uscg.mil/reports/rwservlet...

So you take the crossing number from the NRC report. DOT Crossing Number: 804472U

Plug it into Google with a separation between the fours. 804-472U add Colorado
804-472U Colorado
Open
[PDF]
IMPAIRED DRIVING - NHTSA
www.nhtsa.gov/nhtsa/whatsup/safeteaweb/FY11/.... Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
Colorado continues to see a decrease in the number of fatalities and injuries due to motor vehicle crashes over time....... DOT 804-472U. WBAPS Rank 195 ...

This crossing was to have gates two years ago. Where are the gates? Where is the $300,000? Where is the extra $100,000 on every crossing the railroads overcharge in the state since the ridiculous standard price is $200,000?
Its me

Aurora, CO

#3 Jan 6, 2013
I worked with the guy that got killed... I'm going to ask these questions and demand answers. That area is well traveled with simi trucks and with 2 new office buildings on CR 8 right next to the rail road...
Thanks for the data.
--E.
Robert Pines wrote:
http://www.nrc.uscg.mil/report s/rwservlet?standard_web+inc_s eq=1034775
So you take the crossing number from the NRC report. DOT Crossing Number: 804472U
Plug it into Google with a separation between the fours. 804-472U add Colorado
804-472U Colorado
Open
[PDF]
IMPAIRED DRIVING - NHTSA
www.nhtsa.gov/nhtsa/whatsup/safeteaweb/FY11/.... Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
Colorado continues to see a decrease in the number of fatalities and injuries due to motor vehicle crashes over time....... DOT 804-472U. WBAPS Rank 195 ...
This crossing was to have gates two years ago. Where are the gates? Where is the $300,000? Where is the extra $100,000 on every crossing the railroads overcharge in the state since the ridiculous standard price is $200,000?
Steve Hampton

Denver, CO

#4 Mar 20, 2013
I take it that this person posting about the tragic accident hasn't been hit by a train? Maybe he has and survived? Uhhh, I've been crossing unmarked, unprotected crossings for YEARS, I've never been hit, not even close. Probably because I know that the crossed boards mean that maybe a train coins be coming. EVEN if they built a new building theres even more of a reason to, uhhh, maybe STOP-LOOK-LISTEN!! How can anybody be hit, or hit a train. They are probably 25 feet tall, most consists are a mile long, even if they forget to blow their horn, they have lights on!!
Soooo there must have been a reason he was hit, cell phones, stunning I know, but drinking, hey, smoking pot, that's a new in this state!
Also, this "town" blew any chance of having realestate values increase when FORT LUPTON TURNED DOWN MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN TAXES because they didn't want train trash, they didn't want train tracks and noises and THAT CROSSING AND EVERY OTHER ONE WITHIN RIGHT MILES WOULD HAVE HAD NEW CONTROLLED CROSSINGS!!!
Anybody else want to discuss what else Fort Lupton politics have done to continue to destroy this town? Lol, I bought a house and it's worth half now thanks to their thinking. And peoples lives will be lost because of people in their thirties now driving that didn't even own a car last year. And probably bought their drivers license anyhow! This state is out of control, a governor that drinks beer when he gets up in the morning signing laws he doesn't have a clue about, and will probably marry his boy friend as soon as he divorces his wife. A wife he had for appearances!!! GOD HELP THIS STATE!! AND THIS COUNTRY in all my fifty plus years I have never been as afraid of what is happening as I an now! In fact, I've never been afraid of any combo of leadership we've ever had.........now I'm scared, and I'm damn near fearless!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Sep 17 Dad 1,110
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 pacostacos 287
Police car involed in an accident Jul '14 carl 1
Review: Community Patrol & Investigations Jul '14 supervisor 2
Water management may be key to cure to Weld shakes Jun '14 Maybe not too 1
CO Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Ryell 9
•••
•••
•••

Hudson Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hudson People Search