Unknown man hit and killed at railroa...

Unknown man hit and killed at railroad crossing in Hudson

There are 21 comments on the Greeley Tribune story from Jul 24, 2011, titled Unknown man hit and killed at railroad crossing in Hudson. In it, Greeley Tribune reports that:

A man believed to be in 40s was hit and killed by a train Sunday afternoon at the crossing in Hudson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Greeley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eeyore

Clearfield, UT

#1 Jul 24, 2011
4th death at this crossing that I am aware of.
sad, but it does sound like a suicide. Bad enough if that's the case, but even worse to but the trains crew through that also
April Corwin

Swansea, SC

#2 Jul 25, 2011
to many people have been killed at this raiol road crossing! IF IT IS A SUCIDE THATS TOO BAD AND HE COULD HAVE GOT HELP! either way i think they need to have something done and make it safe in some way! THEY Need to enforce the speed limit on trains going through there. Kids are dieing at such a young age due to lack of knowledge about how harmful rr crossings are! Sorry for the miss spelling in hurry but had to post fast. My family knew this man and its so sad it happend! Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends! He was a very good man! Thoughts from N.C.
eeyore

United States

#3 Jul 25, 2011
Rummers and Gossip

Individual had been dismissed from his job under bad circumstances, possibly criminal, possibly sexual in nature. Had been drinking in a local bar, was very intoxicated. Did not need to cross the tracks to get home.
wrong eeyore

Fort Morgan, CO

#4 Jul 25, 2011
Not very intoxicated . Going home to check on his slow cooler dinner. U must be in law enforcement to give out info on him. Shame on you.
wrong eeyore again

Fort Morgan, CO

#5 Jul 25, 2011
Maybe before u start casting stones at others, look at your own life. I am sure u possibly gave a few things that you are not proud of. This is as sad as it gets, nobody deserves to die this way or be talked about like u have been
Town Talk

Denver, CO

#6 Jul 25, 2011
Short Fuse there! eeyore only reported on what has been being said around town and also labled it as
Rummers and Gossip.
CMB

Aurora, CO

#7 Jul 26, 2011
It's a sad day when a man's life is about rumors and gossip posted on the internet.
I knew him, and he had many accomplishments in his life.
He had a great personality, and many friends in many places across the the US.
I am very sad that his life ended in such in a way!
I want to remember the best, as he was a special person!
So when you write in this section, he was someone to be remembered!!
Therefore, please, if you have nothing good to say, it's better to say nothing!!
To his family you have my deepest empathy, and great memories of a wonderful person!!!
April Corwin

United States

#8 Jul 26, 2011
I 100% agree with CMB!!! although I have only met him a few times he was alwayys nice and great! Again our thoughts are with him and his family! My parnets knew him very well and just could not believe what happend..
to town talk

Fort Morgan, CO

#9 Jul 26, 2011
Town talk is called gossip!! Shame on all of u who fuel the fire with gossip.
If u don't know the individual,shut your mouths. Remember he was a person also!
He was a kind and caring soul who would give u the shirt off his back.
Maybe he had issues, they were his issues not yours.
He was a very intelligent man.
Stop casting stones at someone you know nothing
To EEYORE and Town Talk

Aurora, CO

#10 Jul 26, 2011
I believe you don't have a clue, what proof do you have of criminal, possibly sexual.
I know for a fact this is not true.
I also know that he has family and a daughter.
All I can say is that shame on you doesn't even begin to cover such accusations. I am so appalled that some people have nothing to do but to pry on things that do not and will never pertain to them.
He was very educated, very intelligent, and loved and liked By many people. The hearts and lives that he touched was amazing, with his kindness and giving way!
I have cried for him, his family, and I have the upmost sympathy for everyone who now has suffered this huge loss!
EEyore AND TOWN TALK SJOULD TRY AND REMOVE SUCH GOSSIP AND RUMORS STATEMENTS!!!!!!!
I would hate for his family to see this kind of appalling behavior!!
eeyore

United States

#11 Jul 26, 2011
Wow, First let me apologize, it was never my intent to slander or upset anybody. I simply became curious and concerned with another death at this intersection/crossing.

I posted to share what info had been shared with me, given this is a message/discussion board about news events, seem appropriate.

It would seem several have found it inappropriate, for that I apologize. Please know I had no malice intent. Was simply curious as to what would cause such a bazaar and tragic event.

I hope you folks that knew this individual continue to share your knowledge and feelings, that should help put bring perspective, help this persons life be about something other then his strange exit from it.

Town talk, thanks for understanding the post was attempting to show the source and should be taken with a grain of salt. I apologize that you also came under fire.

I will crawl back under my rock now
Exwife

United States

#12 Jul 26, 2011
Please understand that as the exwife and the mother of his child. It is very upsetting to read gossip and town talk. He was a very interesting character who may not have known how many people cared about him. For the record, he did not commit suicide. The coroner has ruled his death accidental. However. The Funeral director told us this evening that his injuries are more consistent with someone taking a baseball bat to his head. He has bruising on his face that shouldn't be there if he was hit from behind by the train. So if you need to spread something, try getting your facts straight first. To those of you who have stood up for John. I thank you!
to ex wife

Fort Morgan, CO

#13 Jul 26, 2011
We are family to Bennet and have known john for quite awhile. He was a good man. My sympathies to your family.
THE CAPTAIN

United States

#14 Jul 27, 2011
Talk is cheap ?? SARGENT MAGUIRE is and will always be the contribution meant to be. I refuse to believe this was an accident !!! Someone knows the truth. All that he has touched must certainly remember the gift he gave you. Cherish that gift , as it will be the cause in at least one of your accomplishments. I thank everyone who knows what I mean. He will recieve full honors from my watch.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL < that is from him!!!
Sissy

United States

#15 Jul 27, 2011
John, Was a wonderful person to everyone. when he had money everyone was his friend. But when the money was gone no one was there.
If he was drunk why didn't some of you so called friends give him a ride or couldn't get off your stools long enough.Thank You to All those that did care.

CMB

Aurora, CO

#16 Jul 27, 2011
I so agree with the captain, I believe someone out there knows what happened, and this does not look like any accident!
To ex wife and daughter, for all sakes involved and John that the weld county Sherriff's office does not end the investigation until the truth has been found.
My heart goes out to you and the other family members.
Accept my prayers!!!!
someone seen

Fort Morgan, CO

#17 Jul 27, 2011
I really feel that john was in a cool place before he left to walk home to check on dinner, it was extremely hot out that day
I wonder if he had heat stroke and fell and hit his head which knocked him out.
I do believe someone saw him fall, but did not stop. Just thought it was a homeless drunk and kept going. This will remain on their minds and bother them the rest of their days, or do I hope.
He did not commit suicide.
He is at peace. I pray his family and friends find peace also.
Aunt

United States

#18 Jul 28, 2011
John was a unique person. He gave me one of the greatest nieces I could ever ask for. For all of you gossipers remember he has family that are grieving. No matter how his death came about I pray for peace for him and his family and his many friends. R. I. P. Johny Mac!
RACHEL DILLMAN

Mount Carmel, IL

#19 Jul 28, 2011
You all should be ashamed. This man was a good man. Sure he had his problems but who didn't. IT WAS NOT SUICIDE. This IS coming directly from the coroner and police, I am a VERY close family friend and I can't believe anyone would openly speculate if this was suicide or not. Do any of you even care if the family reads these things? How is one daughter feels leaving Illinois to retrive her deceased father and having to listen to all of these rumors. We come from a small town and know how gossips can spread so I hope I have put an end to it and shame on you for pubilcly discrediting him. Unless you were directly involved with his life you have NO RIGHT to assume anything. I guess the old saying was right when it said never assume anything becuase it makes an ASS out of U and ME. Find something better to do with your time.
in Ilinois

Chester, IL

#20 Jul 29, 2011
We have been good friends with John for many years. It so horrible what has happened. So many people were friends with him, John was who he was,like him or not, he was a good guy who liked to tell stories. We will miss getting those calls from Colorado 2-3 times a month. Suicide I don't think so. He enjoyed life to much. RIP Mac! We will miss you alot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bar lake rv (Jul '16) Sep '17 Aok 2
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Jun '17 Dad 1,142
Nicole DuBois Savage (Feb '17) Apr '17 Moving on out 2
Way bett er than christian mi ngle and free!! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Gil Paruta 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Colorado (... (Oct '10) Nov '11 dman 14
News Keenesburg man draws sentence for second-degree... (Oct '11) Oct '11 aco2422 1
Debate: Debt Ceiling - Hudson, CO (Jul '11) Jul '11 Jake 2

Hudson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages