Fields of fear for Colorado illegal f...

Fields of fear for Colorado illegal farm laborers

There are 2 comments on the www.denverpost.com story from May 17, 2009, titled Fields of fear for Colorado illegal farm laborers . In it, www.denverpost.com reports that:

Moises Rodriguez was well known in the farm fields of northern Colorado. He was a "contractor" — a businessman who could supply a crew when a farmer needed to plant a field, or weed it, or harvest it. The farmers paid Rodriguez a lump sum to cover the wages, insurance and taxes for the workers, and he would, in turn, cut it into individual paychecks. His wife, Maria Rodriguez, handled the books. The Rodriguezes provided documents to farmers that purported to show that all their employees were legal workers.

The arrangement is common in farming.

But Rodriguez was much more than just a contractor, according to a sheaf of documents filed as part of the lawsuit and a criminal investigation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. They detail an elaborate system for smuggling workers into the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.denverpost.com.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#1 May 17, 2009
They're awarded all this money for complete stupidity? No one put a gun to their heads and forced them to come here. THEY DID SO ON THEIR OWN.

So if I blindly make a choice that turns out to be bad, I can get millions handed to me? That is ridiculous!

Were they treated badly? Yes. However, no one made them break the laws to come here. They should not be rewarded for their law breaking.

I am glad they deported the two scum*bags who were doing this, but these illegals do not deserve a bonanza because they purposely broke our laws and, because of it, found themselves in a bad situation.

“Ma0 BaMa THE GREAT DECEIVER”

Since: Mar 08

somewhere i BELONG

#2 May 17, 2009
all social services to illegal aliens needs to be stopped.

our laws mean nothing if they are not enforced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hudson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bar lake rv (Jul '16) Sep 15 Aok 2
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Jun '17 Dad 1,142
Nicole DuBois Savage (Feb '17) Apr '17 Moving on out 2
News Police shooting investigated in Platteville (Jan '10) Feb '17 Meaningless 40
Way bett er than christian mi ngle and free!! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Gil Paruta 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Colorado (... (Oct '10) Nov '11 dman 14
News Keenesburg man draws sentence for second-degree... (Oct '11) Oct '11 aco2422 1

Hudson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hudson Mortgages