Two men arrested in Hubert killing

Two men arrested in Hubert killing

There are 7 comments on the Jacksonville Daily News story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Two men arrested in Hubert killing. In it, Jacksonville Daily News reports that:

“However investigators expect this to change as the investigation continues.”

Two Hubert men have been arrested in the stabbing death of a third Hubert man found dead in a ditch Saturday morning. via Jacksonville Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonville Daily News.

Nina

Wilmington, NC

#1 Jan 23, 2008
I used to be friends with Stephen Jacob and it makes me sick to my stomach to know that someone i used to be good friends with helped murder someone. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone now days.
friend

Dobson, NC

#2 Jan 24, 2008
Joe was a childhood friend of mine. He was very smart and wanted great things in life. He will be missed terribly. We used to run into each other at the swamp down from our houses and I can not bring myself to go down there anymore. It hurts so bad and I was just a friend. My heart is with his family that has to go on without his love and humor to help them out. GOOD BYE JOE.
Marissa Casler

Wilmington, NC

#3 Jan 29, 2008
I wish you guys Knew the whole story. And I wish I had the time and patience to tell you. Because of this. My husband is going to face the death penalty leaving my two infant children fatherless. So I've used up all my energy. Trying to find work. Trying to get assistance because the state took away our legs to stand on. The most gentle man I know.
Missing Joe

Concord, NC

#4 Mar 3, 2008
This is my first time seeing this but I am so glad to know that he is facing the death penalty. These mean could have taken away my money source but they took a loved family member so Marissa what the heck. Looks to me like you were in love with the money not the man. You can replace your source of income but their is no replacing Joe. And if Ryan cared for you or the children he would have thought about that before killing an innocent man. Your thinking about money and Joe's life is so much more then money. Ryan deserves to be put in a grinder for what he did. We love and miss you Joe!
Holly

Wilmington, NC

#5 Mar 8, 2008
u know what thats so bad how u r worried about money instead of the life that was taking joe was my cousin and he didnt deserve this u r an awful person u r self centered and heartless we didnt take ur baby daddy away he took himself away along with an innocent person so wake up and get a dang job if its truely that bad u can get u life back on track joe cant i hope they all rot in hell
Peanut

Leland, NC

#6 Aug 29, 2009
I met Ryan a few years ago in OCJ and I can say my take on this.Ryan is a lost white boy trying to be a gangsta thug with the folk set.I say this because he has a pitchfork tat on his shoulder and when the brothers in jail saw it,they immediately started trying to punk him,they forced him to assault a weaker inmate with threats of whipping his A$$ if he did not do it.Plus one of the co defendants was also in OCJ at the same time,Dallas I think is his name,they have so many nick names so you never know.Its a tragic waste of human lives,my heart goes out to the victims family.His lifeis not the only lost suffered here,Ryan has kids and talked about them often with me and I told him he has all the reason in the world to start living his life as a father for his kids,but the urge to be a thug wanna be evidently won out and another stupid white boy is lost trying to be a black gangsta.This not meant to be a racial bashing but I saw first hand how the Bruthas treated Ryan in OCJ and I thought it opened his eyes but being a gangsta was more important than his family,nobody took Ryan from his family,Ryan took Ryan from his family!!!Its not a black or white thing,its a waste of many lives on both sides of this case.Ryan helped take another mans life and he will pay the price for it and I feel if you MURDER someone in cold blood,the death penalty should be the only option as punishment.
screw onslow county

Newport News, VA

#7 Apr 5, 2010
Just wanna say that PEANUT hit the nail on the head when talking about ryan cassler..he was a punk wanna be who shoulda just left well enough alone, but no...him and his wife both just cant stay away from drama and trouble. Murder is that line u cross and there aint no comng back--another wasted life
drunken squabble or not..it was undeserved rip to the victims
Peanut wrote:
I met Ryan a few years ago in OCJ and I can say my take on this.Ryan is a lost white boy trying to be a gangsta thug with the folk set.I say this because he has a pitchfork tat on his shoulder and when the brothers in jail saw it,they immediately started trying to punk him,they forced him to assault a weaker inmate with threats of whipping his A$$ if he did not do it.Plus one of the co defendants was also in OCJ at the same time,Dallas I think is his name,they have so many nick names so you never know.Its a tragic waste of human lives,my heart goes out to the victims family.His lifeis not the only lost suffered here,Ryan has kids and talked about them often with me and I told him he has all the reason in the world to start living his life as a father for his kids,but the urge to be a thug wanna be evidently won out and another stupid white boy is lost trying to be a black gangsta.This not meant to be a racial bashing but I saw first hand how the Bruthas treated Ryan in OCJ and I thought it opened his eyes but being a gangsta was more important than his family,nobody took Ryan from his family,Ryan took Ryan from his family!!!Its not a black or white thing,its a waste of many lives on both sides of this case.Ryan helped take another mans life and he will pay the price for it and I feel if you MURDER someone in cold blood,the death penalty should be the only option as punishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hubert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Froehlich pleads guilty to involuntary manslaug... (Aug '07) Jan '18 Bill 19
News Identity of 15-year-old Jacksonville stabbing v... (Mar '07) Sep '17 bill 157
Piney Green Music Emporium (Oct '12) Sep '17 Musikologist 15
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10) Sep '17 PiperG 14
riverside steak and seafood (Jul '17) Jul '17 RIVERSIDE RESTAURANT 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) May '17 Cheated 14
Review: Warriors DEN Elite Martial Arts And Fit... (Jan '13) May '17 Charles Baker 14

Hubert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hubert Mortgages