Assault

Nov 29, 2008 Full story: Jacksonville Daily News 9

Nicholas Ryan Godfrey, 21, of Riggs Road in Hubert, was charged Saturday by the Onslow County Sheriff's Department with assault by strangulation.

Full Story
david hawkins

Havelock, NC

#1 Dec 8, 2008
Mr. Godfrey beat my daughter and left her for dead in a parking lot on 24 June 2007. JPD charged him with assault. He received 2 weekends in jail and one year probation. The Military did nothing (He was with 1/8 at the time). The military family counselor convinced my daughter to drop her protective order so the two of them could receive counseling. The military wanted the protective order dropped so Godfrey could carry a weapon and be deployed. Now he came back and tried to kill another girl he called his fiancee. He is still married to my daughter. I wonder if the military will do anything about his adultery. They did nothing about his attempts at murder.
Duplin County girl

Burgaw, NC

#2 Dec 8, 2008
Why hasn't your daughter gotten her divorce?
david hawkins

Havelock, NC

#3 Dec 8, 2008
Why should my daughter pay for the divorce? He commited the crime and the military will divorce them but the one that files has to pay. She is not contesting the divorce. They were not married long enough to warrant alimony.

Since: Dec 08

Hubert,NC

#4 Dec 8, 2008
That so-called man needs to be stopped!He gives Marines a bad name.I hope justice is served.I feel sorry for your family and I hope it will get better for your daughter.
tommy polard

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Dec 9, 2008
well maybe you should have your daughter stay away an have no contact with him ,but you no she still has some contact an will an you will never no that but hey keep crying over it,an if you are as much upset over it why dont you go an beat his ass for what he has already done to her seems to me you arent doing your duty as to take up for your daughter an pay him back for her suffering ,well your just a sissy push over it seems that way to me.....so please stop posting about your dam daughter.
misunderstood

Kingsport, TN

#6 Dec 11, 2008
tommy polard wrote:
well maybe you should have your daughter stay away an have no contact with him ,but you no she still has some contact an will an you will never no that but hey keep crying over it,an if you are as much upset over it why dont you go an beat his ass for what he has already done to her seems to me you arent doing your duty as to take up for your daughter an pay him back for her suffering ,well your just a sissy push over it seems that way to me.....so please stop posting about your dam daughter.
thats not how it works, why should she get in trouble for what the law should have taken care of are you stupid
Sonya - NC

United States

#7 Dec 16, 2008
It all comes down to what she wants. When she's had enough she will act. Firstly, she has scriptural grounds based on adultry and abuse, even in the court of law. She can file an uncontested divorce for very little and be done with him if she truly wants. You have to do your part of supporting her as a father, but after that it's left up to her. She wanted to play grownup games, now she has to make grownup decisions.
italia

San Antonio, TX

#8 Feb 22, 2014
yo lady if my daughter was in that situation I would pay for it even if I have to go to sell my soul to the devil to get him away from her I think there's more to the story then we read on here
Been there done that

Raleigh, NC

#9 Feb 24, 2014
Dad, Help her pay for the divorce, It will be worth it to be free of him. They never stop the abuse. Its worth the peace of mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hubert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
walmart Wed Aspen 2
3 arrested in connection to ATM robberies (Oct '09) Feb 22 lovenc28546 4
searchin for a long lost friend (Sep '09) Jan 29 Mea 8
Theft - Courtney Elizabeth McCarthy Nov '14 manofmanomet 3
Review: Warriors DEN Elite Martial Arts And Fit... (Jan '13) Nov '14 kidpick24 11
Piney Green Music Emporium (Oct '12) Sep '14 Musikologist 10
Suspect charged for shooting marine in bed Sep '14 Jswizz 1
Hubert Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hubert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:37 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:37PM