Supports Brown for Transylvania Count...

Supports Brown for Transylvania County sheriff

There are 41 comments on the The Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Supports Brown for Transylvania County sheriff. In it, The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

We live in a good county in Transylvania. With the law enforcement experience of sheriff candidate Hubert Brown backed by former Brevard Police Chief Dennis Wilde and sheriff's deputy Jeff Hubbard, the job of protecting all the people of Transylvania County will be done regardless of a person's political affiliation or lack of affiliation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
transylvania voter

Brevard, NC

#1 Oct 9, 2010
Yes, we do live in a good county. Thanks to the expertise of Sheriff David Mahoney and his staff!! Thank you Sheriff Mahoney for being an inspiration to our youth. Pls know that you and the members of your department are appreciated...well maybe all but one!!
Mountain Girl

Brevard, NC

#2 Oct 9, 2010
I'm sorry, Transylvania Voter, who might the one that you are excluding be?
Mountain Girl

Brevard, NC

#3 Oct 9, 2010
Because if you are excluding the deputy named above... your statement would be erroneous.
transylvania voter

Brevard, NC

#4 Oct 10, 2010
Maybe yes and maybe no!! Most deputies are relieved of duty when a new sheriff takes office. Hubbard wasn't and he was the opponent!! Now to see him out campaigning for Sheriff Mahoney's opponent kinda sticks in the craw!!

Since: Jan 09

United States

#5 Oct 15, 2010
Didn't Brown get busted with a barn full of pot years ago? The whole thing was brushed under the rug by the SBI. That is if my memory serves me correctly. Also seems like there was a rumor that he was covering up for his nephew H.D. in a murder investigation.
Even if these things are false. I think Mahoney has been doing a great job. He gets my vote.
transylvania voter

Brevard, NC

#6 Oct 16, 2010
You have a good memory, now let's just hope the other voters remember these and other incidents.
Lower crime statistics do show that Mahoney and his staff are doing a great job. Voting is the key to getting the right man elected. And Mahoney has my vote.

Brevard, NC

#7 Oct 16, 2010
Does anyone know why the chief got fired?
Loretta

United States

#8 Oct 16, 2010
Anybody has my vote other than that crook Mahoney!!

Chief Wilde was a smart choice for the incoming sheriff!

Dennis Wilde is an honest man!
Loretta

United States

#9 Oct 16, 2010
The chief was fired because he said he refused to keep working if the city manager stayed in office!
The city manager was fired and the powers that be got rid of the chief because he knew tooooo much!
transylvania voter

Brevard, NC

#10 Oct 16, 2010
Mahoney is not a crook!!!! Mahoney would arrest his own kin if they were involved in law breaking.
My guess is you or someone you know was caught for something and you are just mad!! Check court records to see who had a search warrant thrown out for perjuring himself on the stands!! Not Mahoney!! You need to get your information right!!
And I can assure you that Wilde did not lose his job for 'knowing too much'..try temper for one.
John

Brevard, NC

#11 Oct 16, 2010
Loretta wrote:
Anybody has my vote other than that crook Mahoney!!
Chief Wilde was a smart choice for the incoming sheriff!
Dennis Wilde is an honest man!
What is your proof that Mahoney is a crook and not just what hear. If you make comments like that you surely must have the proof to back you up. Step up and back up your comments.
transylvania voter

Brevard, NC

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Thanks John for the request to Loretta for proof. I will tell anyone where to find proof that Brown is the crook.. Just check court records @ Transylvania County Courthouse. It is all a matter of public record in the Stanley Sanders murder trial for the murder of Jackie Lee.

Is it true that the City of Brevard felt that Wilde needed psysiactric evaluation?
BrownSupporter

Temple, TX

#13 Oct 17, 2010
To NC-Max: Before you go off condeming someone for FALSE rumors, you need to get your story straight. First, Mr. Brown has never ven had a BARN! That stupid story was conjured up by people like yourself who have never taken the time to get to know a person for who they really are and believe crap that others make up! Second, the H.D. you are referring to was not his nephew. Yes, he was a family member. But the murder investigation you are speaking of was closed and the person charged has confessed before a grand jury about the crimes. Further, DNA testing was proof positive that the person you referred to was not the guilty party. Get your facts straight. Hubert Brown knows law enforcement better than anyone who has ever been in office in Transylvania County. He will serve Transylvania County fairly and make the citizens of Transylvania feel safe again.
BrownSupporter

Temple, TX

#14 Oct 17, 2010
Again, get your stories straight people! How does the Stanly Sanders trial have anything do do with Brown being a crook? Brown made a very solid case against Sanders. You can read all of the court transcripts and see for yourself. Did he use an informant in the case? Yes he did. But that doesn't make him a crook. And Stanly Sanders has since confessed to the Jackie Lee murder an DNA testing has been proven. I just don't understand your need to make up stories about people.

David Mahoney is a good man. I know that. I have known him my entire life. But do I feel he has served this county adequately. No. There have been multiple crimes that have gone without investigations, family members of victims ignored by the Sheriff's office, and more. Do we need a new man in office? YES! Hubert Brown has my vote!
transylvania voter wrote:
Thanks John for the request to Loretta for proof. I will tell anyone where to find proof that Brown is the crook.. Just check court records @ Transylvania County Courthouse. It is all a matter of public record in the Stanley Sanders murder trial for the murder of Jackie Lee.
Is it true that the City of Brevard felt that Wilde needed psysiactric evaluation?

Brevard, NC

#15 Oct 18, 2010
BrownSupporter wrote:
To NC-Max: Before you go off condeming someone for FALSE rumors, you need to get your story straight. First, Mr. Brown has never ven had a BARN! That stupid story was conjured up by people like yourself who have never taken the time to get to know a person for who they really are and believe crap that others make up! Second, the H.D. you are referring to was not his nephew. Yes, he was a family member. But the murder investigation you are speaking of was closed and the person charged has confessed before a grand jury about the crimes. Further, DNA testing was proof positive that the person you referred to was not the guilty party. Get your facts straight. Hubert Brown knows law enforcement better than anyone who has ever been in office in Transylvania County. He will serve Transylvania County fairly and make the citizens of Transylvania feel safe again.
I was not condemning him. I was simply raising questions that a lot of us have. I had already decided to vote for Mahoney. You make a sound argument. You are obviously passionate in your statements. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else. However like I said regardless I am going to vote Mahoney for my own reasons. I want to wish both candidates the good luck.
transylvania voter

Brevard, NC

#16 Oct 18, 2010
Good morning Brown supporter, please take the time to check court records for yourself. In Stanley Sanders trial, Brown perjured himself..which is in itself a crime. A person who commits a crime is a crook.
How can you say 'Hubert Brown knows law enforcement better than anyone who has ever been in office in Transylvania County'? His knowledge is obsolete..he has been out of office over 25 years. I knew the job I left 10 years ago inside out but with the advances in technology, could I do it efficiently today?? The answer is NO.
Furthermore, Brown might not have called his building a 'barn' but he did a a 'large outside building' full of drying marijuana.
John

Mooresville, NC

#17 Oct 18, 2010
BrownSupporter wrote:
Hubert Brown knows law enforcement better than anyone who has ever been in office in Transylvania County.
As a friend to the late Bobby Orr I find this comment extremely insulting. There is no way that Hubert Brown will ever be able to be compared to David Mahoney and the late Bobby Orr.
John

Mooresville, NC

#18 Oct 18, 2010
You are correct. It very interesting read. It opened my eyes. Proof is in black and white. Court documents don't lie, People do.
transylvania voter

Brevard, NC

#19 Oct 18, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. It very interesting read. It opened my eyes. Proof is in black and white. Court documents don't lie, People do.
Thank you John for taking the time to review the court documents. I pray that many others will do so. And I hope that people remember Dennis Wilde's temper too...and will take them time to read old local news to verify that the city of brevard did ask Wilde to have a physiatric evaluation..tempers don't work if you are carrying a gun!!! It is my prayer that Sheriff Mahoney is re-elected. This will be my last comment on this particular topic.
John

Brevard, NC

#20 Oct 18, 2010
<quoted text>
Thank you John for taking the time to review the court documents. I pray that many others will do so. And I hope that people remember Dennis Wilde's temper too...and will take them time to read old local news to verify that the city of brevard did ask Wilde to have a physiatric evaluation..tempers don't work if you are carrying a gun!!! It is my prayer that Sheriff Mahoney is re-elected. This will be my last comment on this particular topic.
Transylvania Votert I also pray that Sheriff Mahoney is re-elected. He has done an excellent job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hubert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Piney Green Music Emporium (Oct '12) Dec '16 Musikologist 14
Review: Warriors DEN Elite Martial Arts And Fit... (Jan '13) Dec '16 ANONYMUS 13
News Building permit issued for new Wal-Mart Superce... Dec '16 Jen Saxton 1
Cable/ internet bundles Sep '16 Beetle Bug 1
News Froehlich pleads guilty to involuntary manslaug... (Aug '07) Apr '16 I Am 18
News 3 arrested in connection to ATM robberies (Oct '09) Feb '15 lovenc28546 4
searchin for a long lost friend (Sep '09) Jan '15 Mea 8

Hubert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hubert Mortgages