Ohio college said "Men Working" sign too offensive to display

Dec 4, 2012 Full story: 104.7 WTUE 10

The construction crew at Sinclair Community College in Dayton was forced to stop working until the sign had been removed There are few who want a return to the days when women were treated as amusing diversions better suited to cooking dinner than contributing to the workforce.

Full Story
Outraged

Woodbridge, VA

#1 Dec 4, 2012
College these days is a frickin scam!
It's nothing more than a money scheme for the NEA and other education unions.
I don't know how many college students I hear about from my daughter's boyfriend about students that are absolutely disgusted by the LACK of proper education they become in debt out the wazoo for.
So many of the 'higher learning' institutions are nothing of the sort,just an extention of the politically correct pap they all got in the first 12 years.

With the exception of engineers perhaps, most of them get out with NO viable job skills and mounds of debt. It's really sick. This country is DELIBERATELY raising a generation of people that are cheated out of life. And yet they have the GALL to bring in people from foreign countries that have the skills this country needs to survive. OR they give THEM tuition breaks that the "out of state" students of THIS country don't get.

Make no mistake, this country is reaping the 'benefits' of more than 12 years of pap fed to the growing native population. The higher ups can't STAND competition. Yes, massa....
Outraged

Woodbridge, VA

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Many college students today are a bunch of brainwashed pansies who have nothing to offer society.
Outraged

Woodbridge, VA

#3 Dec 4, 2012
OH, MY GOD!

They mention MEN! Oh horrors.

Stupid college dipshits.

“Brutally honest. ”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 4, 2012
Outraged wrote:
College these days is a frickin scam!
It's nothing more than a money scheme for the NEA and other education unions.
I don't know how many college students I hear about from my daughter's boyfriend about students that are absolutely disgusted by the LACK of proper education they become in debt out the wazoo for.
So many of the 'higher learning' institutions are nothing of the sort,just an extention of the politically correct pap they all got in the first 12 years.
With the exception of engineers perhaps, most of them get out with NO viable job skills and mounds of debt. It's really sick. This country is DELIBERATELY raising a generation of people that are cheated out of life. And yet they have the GALL to bring in people from foreign countries that have the skills this country needs to survive. OR they give THEM tuition breaks that the "out of state" students of THIS country don't get.
Make no mistake, this country is reaping the 'benefits' of more than 12 years of pap fed to the growing native population. The higher ups can't STAND competition. Yes, massa....
I just want you to know that Sinclair is the cheapest school in the state and focuses on trade training more than anything else, while helping the Dayton community and economy.
Outraged

Woodbridge, VA

#5 Dec 5, 2012
whitefalcon1678 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want you to know that Sinclair is the cheapest school in the state and focuses on trade training more than anything else, while helping the Dayton community and economy.
If that is true, then you are in the minority.

Just for the record, kids in school in some other places are told to go to college and get a get this now, 4 YEAR DEGREE; then they will have a better chance at a "high paying job". Well, guess what, these kids have gotten degrees some NOT in the liberal arts and are there "high paying jobs" for them to pay back their debt? NO. They have been LIED to.

The education system that is supposed to be "world class" at least in this area is nothing but a system of political indoctrination.
Half the kids can't even read properly. And yet the school unions display such stupid stickers as " Education Cuts Never Heal".
Seems the more money they get, the more they need and the kids are not any better prepared to face the world.

“Brutally honest. ”

Location hidden

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Outraged wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true, then you are in the minority.
Just for the record, kids in school in some other places are told to go to college and get a get this now, 4 YEAR DEGREE; then they will have a better chance at a "high paying job". Well, guess what, these kids have gotten degrees some NOT in the liberal arts and are there "high paying jobs" for them to pay back their debt? NO. They have been LIED to.
The education system that is supposed to be "world class" at least in this area is nothing but a system of political indoctrination.
Half the kids can't even read properly. And yet the school unions display such stupid stickers as " Education Cuts Never Heal".
Seems the more money they get, the more they need and the kids are not any better prepared to face the world.
First off, it is true. Sinclair is probably the only reason Dayton still HAS an economy. Sinclairs tuition is 1,500 per year.

Secondly, I have a 4 year degree and I am not ashamed of it. Oh, and I can read and write just fine. I'm getting my Masters now. And statistics SHOW that college-educated people make more money on average. So, frankly, it sounds like you either didn't go to school or couldn't make it through the four years.
Outraged

Woodbridge, VA

#7 Dec 6, 2012
whitefalcon1678 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, it is true. Sinclair is probably the only reason Dayton still HAS an economy. Sinclairs tuition is 1,500 per year.
Secondly, I have a 4 year degree and I am not ashamed of it. Oh, and I can read and write just fine. I'm getting my Masters now. And statistics SHOW that college-educated people make more money on average. So, frankly, it sounds like you either didn't go to school or couldn't make it through the four years.
I DID go to college; not that that would make any differene to you you arrogant assuming prick. I'm done with it. For YOUR college degree you missed the entire point.
hocking county wanna be

Mount Vernon, OH

#8 Dec 6, 2012
Sinclair is, or was, a fine two year college. Sounds like the liberals have taken over, though, with this PC crap.
Gun Nut

Tipp City, OH

#9 Dec 6, 2012
...And, in fact, it was only men who were working.

“Brutally honest. ”

Location hidden

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Outraged wrote:
<quoted text>
I DID go to college; not that that would make any differene to you you arrogant assuming prick. I'm done with it. For YOUR college degree you missed the entire point.
Hello pot. My name is kettle.

Way to completely bash the system that has given you opportunities that other people may never have in their lives. A college like Sinclair allows kids to get an affordable two years of education and give them options.

My college degree was earned, and I certainly do not take it for granted. I was the first on my mothers side and the second on my fathers to get a degree so obviously my opinion is that the point you are trying to make is a useless one. College is something that may not be for everyone, but shouldn't be a platform for your issues with the education of society. I have more of a problem with the fact that seven percent of kids drop out, or that 24% do not graduate on time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huber Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kirstie Zontini, Erica's Channel 7 weather repl... (Dec '13) 1 hr Eric 19
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
4 hour CCW-class-cut is nuts! 18 hr Gun Nut 1
Regarding piles-of-trash memorial whining shrines: 18 hr Former Cop 1
Riot at Dayton Mall Wal-Mart on Xmas Eve ... Wh... Sat The New Cool Warrior 3
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sat Worth Repeating 31,562
donnie burns outlaws mc (Feb '12) Fri brownkr38 6
Huber Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huber Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huber Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huber Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:33 pm PST