Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dayton Daily News

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Comments (Page 1,270)

Showing posts 25,381 - 25,400 of30,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
What

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Lol in Boro wrote:
<quoted text>
What we need in an elected official, serving on the Board of Education, is someone who is not dependent upon praise and worship popularity, but someone who is Very Sane, Very Stable, Very Confident, Very Highly Skilled in Leadership, and a Strong Believer in Fiscal Responsibility for Our Children's Future!
RIGHT ON! That's why I'm voting Malone as of now, as he is clearly the best candidate that we know is in the race. We can't deal with any more of Kelly Kohls' antics for just the reasons you mention.

WHAT?
This man lives for the people to provide with his positive affirmation. Skilled at spending other people's money, ask him who bought all those donuts? The man falls asleep while doing classroom evaluations, yeah highly skilled.
No Doubt

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Freedom of speech means that while we must tolerate your idle ramblings so too must you accept those of others whether you agree with them or not.
Thanks Doug, I appreciate your permission to dissent and the fact that you didn't threaten to kill me like you did that bank teller, Kevin Carsey. Guess the anger management helped.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with the children enjoying the use of facilities that are well maintained, let us know.
I can't use the public facilities without paying a usage fee. That is, unless I am a religious extremist group invited by the BOE president to come and spew a contorted version of the constitution based on what the founding fathers "really meant" when they wrote the sacred document.

And furthermore, my personal experience in the schools is that the new elementary buildings are deteriorating quickly under the careful eye of Kohls and the BOE. All I hear is that they don't have the budget to take care of the buildings because the board is not allocating as much to maintenance as they used to.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem investing in a technology program that integrates the best our school has to offer with the outside world, let us know.
I do have a problem with spending gobs of money on the "transparency project", a technology based initiative that clearly states it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, it just has to be posted and "accountable" to the public. When community activists point out the outright deceptions located in the transparency project, the board plays them down as if they were just an "oversight"??
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with accountability in our schools and our support organizations, let us know.
The embezzlement in the boosters club occurred under the current BOE's watch. It was their charge to ensure that things like that were not happening in the school district. They out and out failed. Now someone is in jail, but why aren't the BOE members held accountable for their complicity?
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with all of the money raised for children getting to the children without being stolen, let us know.
As mentioned, Kohls and the current BOE failed here. I do want REAL accountability - thus it's time for this board and its record of failure to go!
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem giving our teachers and support staff raises for the next two years, let us know.
Our teachers have sacrificed for several years, far beyond what their contract required of them. They could have taken the issue to arbitration and been awarded raises a few years back. Despite the drama created by the BOE, I am proud of our teachers for standing up for themselves. Union rhetoric aside, the BOE threatened the teachers with replacement if they dare ask for their salary to keep pace with inflation. Despicable move on the part of Kohls and her gang.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with our teachers and support staff paying a fair portion of their healthcare, let us know.
Absolutely...this is why a strong and clear bargaining agreement is important to our teachers.
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with an administration that actually does the job they were hired to do, let us know.
I have a problem with a board not doing what they are supposed to do, see above note on the booster issue. I'm sure Dr. Malone has the experience and education to serve as board president. He is certainly more qualified than Kelly Kohls. I'm not sure how a chubby woman with a doctorate in nutrition is qualified for her job??
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with fiscal responsibility and not spending more than the district has in its coffers, let us know.
The school district administration deserves the credit for this accomplishment, not the BOE.
Smart Vote

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

November Avenger wrote:
FACT: If you vote for a school levy, you're stupid!
And the people said "Amen!" The time has now come to get that book of responsible spending tips out of the union masters closet and throw away the SEA of "collective" collection plates!

Let Freedom Ring for November 5th! It's Independence Day from the SEA of Collective Greed, Strife, and Bully Campaigns attacking Springboro citizens by the poor peformance acts of the "insanely popular" Ron Malone and the Boro Maney-Acts.
Boro Brain Drain Bullies

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT ON! That's why I'm voting Malone as of now, as he is clearly the best candidate that we know is in the race. We can't deal with any more of Kelly Kohls' antics for just the reasons you mention.
You Silly goose! Of course you Wooly Bully ones can't deal with individual responsibility, accountability, and respect for yourselves and others. That's why you prance proudly expounding largely your Dollar Value being worth more than your less affluent neighbors! You are just so jealous of your neighbors who have individual gifts of common sense and fiscal responsibility that your money just can't buy! School Yard Bullies only know how to "pre-arrange public participation" of grandstanding individual wealth and "collective" Springboro Education Association backward thinking ignorance, suspicion of outsiders, prejudices against differing beliefs in politics and religions, and praising and worshipping the value of Ron Malone as being worth Three professional educators who have completed their high school and college education and earned a 21st Century Teaching degree!
Boro Brain Drain Bullies

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Doug, I appreciate your permission to dissent and the fact that you didn't threaten to kill me like you did that bank teller, Kevin Carsey. Guess the anger management helped.
<quoted text>
I can't use the public facilities without paying a usage fee. That is, unless I am a religious extremist group invited by the BOE president to come and spew a contorted version of the constitution based on what the founding fathers "really meant" when they wrote the sacred document.
And furthermore, my personal experience in the schools is that the new elementary buildings are deteriorating quickly under the careful eye of Kohls and the BOE. All I hear is that they don't have the budget to take care of the buildings because the board is not allocating as much to maintenance as they used to.
<quoted text>
I do have a problem with spending gobs of money on the "transparency project", a technology based initiative that clearly states it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, it just has to be posted and "accountable" to the public. When community activists point out the outright deceptions located in the transparency project, the board plays them down as if they were just an "oversight"??
<quoted text>
The embezzlement in the boosters club occurred under the current BOE's watch. It was their charge to ensure that things like that were not happening in the school district. They out and out failed. Now someone is in jail, but why aren't the BOE members held accountable for their complicity?
<quoted text>
As mentioned, Kohls and the current BOE failed here. I do want REAL accountability - thus it's time for this board and its record of failure to go!
<quoted text>
Our teachers have sacrificed for several years, far beyond what their contract required of them. They could have taken the issue to arbitration and been awarded raises a few years back. Despite the drama created by the BOE, I am proud of our teachers for standing up for themselves. Union rhetoric aside, the BOE threatened the teachers with replacement if they dare ask for their salary to keep pace with inflation. Despicable move on the part of Kohls and her gang.
<quoted text>
Absolutely...this is why a strong and clear bargaining agreement is important to our teachers.
<quoted text>
I have a problem with a board not doing what they are supposed to do, see above note on the booster issue. I'm sure Dr. Malone has the experience and education to serve as board president. He is certainly more qualified than Kelly Kohls. I'm not sure how a chubby woman with a doctorate in nutrition is qualified for her job??
<quoted text>
The school district administration deserves the credit for this accomplishment, not the BOE.
Hey Wooly Bully! No doubt, No Argument Against Who Get the Credit for Your Brain Drain -- Obviously it is All to Your Credit.

Want to play Let's Make a Deal? Ron Malone and the school district leaders get to keep credit for "doing it all" .....
And all the Springboro Outsiders get to keep ALL of the Ron's
Renewal Levy in the fall.
Question Policy

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

How exactly are things going to change in November when there are three people running for three seats?
No Doubt

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Boro Brain Drain Bullies wrote:
<quoted text>
You Silly goose! Of course you Wooly Bully ones can't deal with individual responsibility, accountability, and respect for yourselves and others. That's why you prance proudly expounding largely your Dollar Value being worth more than your less affluent neighbors! You are just so jealous of your neighbors who have individual gifts of common sense and fiscal responsibility that your money just can't buy! School Yard Bullies only know how to "pre-arrange public participation" of grandstanding individual wealth and "collective" Springboro Education Association backward thinking ignorance, suspicion of outsiders, prejudices against differing beliefs in politics and religions, and praising and worshipping the value of Ron Malone as being worth Three professional educators who have completed their high school and college education and earned a 21st Century Teaching degree!
No doubt you are quite the rambler...going on and on but never really saying anything??? It seems the attributes you place on the SEA more accurately describe the anti-community pro-agenda tea party ramblers..
Shattered Image

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

reflection wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, oh dear Dr. Malone,
While looking into the mirror,
Please ask yourself this question:
How difficult is it to step over a bar
If the level of the bar is below the knees?
Is it some kind joke that Ron's kids are playing around with, taunting taxpayers that Malone is serious about taking on the responsibility of board member? This is ridiculous, since Ron Malone admits himself in his own Springboro Life interview that
he recognizes that his 40 years of experience in PAST education is not a good fit with our Springboro schools new philosophy of
a high-tech 21st century classroom education. Goodness, if he can see the truth when he looks in the mirror, what's up with this silliness of even considering that taxpayers are going to trust our multi-million dollar school tax budget to the "principal's fund." Springboro, we've got a problem! Who's going to tell Ron he has to find another "play group" for the kiddies!
Worry

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Shattered Image wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it some kind joke that Ron's kids are playing around with, taunting taxpayers that Malone is serious about taking on the responsibility of board member? This is ridiculous, since Ron Malone admits himself in his own Springboro Life interview that
he recognizes that his 40 years of experience in PAST education is not a good fit with our Springboro schools new philosophy of
a high-tech 21st century classroom education. Goodness, if he can see the truth when he looks in the mirror, what's up with this silliness of even considering that taxpayers are going to trust our multi-million dollar school tax budget to the "principal's fund." Springboro, we've got a problem! Who's going to tell Ron he has to find another "play group" for the kiddies!
Sounds like someone is worried?!!
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem investing in a technology program that integrates the best our school has to offer with the outside world, let us know.

No Doubt REPLIED

The technology project that you so easily glossed over in pursuit of a slander against transparency was the result of our IT Department working in conjunction with our Budget and Finance Committee to design a program that for the first time coordinated our technology purchases while simultaneously addressing future needs.

Too often in the past we had various groups with the best intentions purchasing items that did not synch up technologically or materially with other items already in existence. within the district.

The technology program sought to provide a plan that in the future would simplify our maintenance and parts replacement program by setting standards by which future purchases and acquisitions could adhere. By developing standards whereby, for instance, all whiteboards are of the same make and model, we enjoy economies of scale in something as simple as the bulbs. Instead of needing to inventory 10, we can now get by on 2 .

The program also produced a scalable wireless program that provides access in all classrooms at the same time as will be required by the new common core testing procedures. It also provides a template for expansion of the Bring Your Own Technology program that will surely be the future.

Plus a myriad of other advantages too numerous to list in this short space.

Your cut on transparency once again reveals the underside to your argument that the public is best served with little or no knowledge.

Your credo of "Just Trust Us", has been discredited so many times when the public finally gains access to the knowledge.

Why would anyone want to go back in the shadows?
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with accountability in our schools and our support organizations, let us know.

No Doubt REPLIED

Your revisionist history does NOT hold water. The Boosters were first approached to provide an accounting of their organizations fund raising efforts on behalf of our student athletes in January 2011 when the Budget and Finance Committee first began investigating the pay to participate scam.
The response of the Boosters was that they were working on those numbers. They must have worked very hard because the Budget and Finance Committee had to request them over and over again through February, March, April, and May. Only through the consistent and applied efforts of the Budget and Finance Committee was enough pressure brought to bear on the Boosters whereby the dam finally broke and the Mr. Harves recognized the futility of his efforts to conceal his fraud any longer.

The willful obstruction of the Boosters culminated with a Save Our Sports rally in North Park last year. At this rally led by the Booster Board and leadership felt the best reaction to the news of fraud was to attack the BOE for trying to steal "their" money.

The joke was that it appeared to be a little late for that move because the Mr. Harves beat them to the funds.

The great questions still remain.

Who was the liaison between the Booster Board and the kids they purported to serve?
The High School Athletic Director

Who recorded the Booster's every transaction between 2008 and 2011?
The High School Athletic Director

Who was the High School Athletic Director's boss during that time frame 2008-2011?
Was it the High School Principal at the time?

Which two High School leaders were intimately connected with all parties involved and/or attended about every football game or major fund raiser from 2008-2011?
The High School Principal and the Athletic Director

Who was in a better position to see first hand the operations and the take from these events; the people with the position, the authority, and the access to records from 2008-2011?
The High School Principal and his Athletic Director

Does anyone actually believe that the High School Principal and the Athletic Director had no idea who was on the Booster Board from 2008-2011?

Does anyone actually believe that the High School Principal and the Athletic Director carried virtually no weight with the Booster Board?

Why did the people charged with protecting our children and their funds abrogate their responsibilities when they were notified by members of the public something was amiss in 2009, 2010, and in 2011?

Who created a climate whereby the long time Booster Treasurer felt so secure in his primacy that he would embezzle funds by writing checks made out in his name? Mr. Harves did not bother to even attempt to create a phony paper trail to cover his tracks.

And how could anyone in a position of authority sanction the handling of uncounted wads of cash in the manner in which the Boosters did?

Particularly in light of the times when the district was claiming poverty and financial ruin unless we the taxpayers gave them another $35-45,000,000.

Who was complicit in these dealings, not the current BOE.

Who should be held accountable, the High School Principal, the Athletic Director, and the Booster Board.
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with an administration that actually does the job they were hired to do, let us know.
No Doubt REPLIED

Yes indeed, see the Booster issue and ask Mr. Malone where he, his experience, and his education were during the debacle.

And I think you lost your argument with most of the audience with your description of Ms Kohls.

That denigration may apply to a good many in this community and serves no useful purpose in advancing your points.

As they say, if you have no real argument, attempt to change the focus of the conversation, maybe the audience won't notice.

We notice.
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Freedom of speech means that while we must tolerate your idle ramblings so too must you accept those of others whether you agree with them or not.

No Doubt REPLIED

I would recommend viewing the videotape of the incident, then comparing it to Mr. Carsey's statements of "fact", the results may astound you.

Innuendo, half truth, and slander.

Tools of the trade for those lacking coherent arguments.
November Avenger

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Shattered Image wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought du jour:
Did Ron Malone act as a Pied Piper of Springboro High School?
No Doubt

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
No Doubt REPLIED
I would recommend viewing the videotape of the incident, then comparing it to Mr. Carsey's statements of "fact", the results may astound you.
Tools of the trade for those lacking coherent arguments.
I appreciate your attempt at patronizing my comments, but your arguments will fall on deaf ears come November 5th.

I've spoken to many involved first hand who have explained the bank situation in no uncertain terms. I'm sure if you are considering a run for the BOE this fall that those skeletons and that video will come out of the closet...
No Doubt

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

Slander does not exist when the statement is true.

Perhaps those reading would like to view the evidence for themselves:

http://statecasefiles.justia.com/documents/oh...

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/r...

So why exactly did you waste our tax dollars and the high courts' time taking your petty rebuttal to them in the first place?

Half-truth? I think not, unless of course you perjured yourself in court, Doug.
poundsand

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

No Doubt, how about you save us all from your personal viewpoints and BS ramblings and go play harikari.
Doug Wiedeman

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.
Slander does not exist when the statement is true.
Perhaps those reading would like to view the evidence for themselves:
http://statecasefiles.justia.com/documents/oh...
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/r...
So why exactly did you waste our tax dollars and the high courts' time taking your petty rebuttal to them in the first place?
Half-truth? I think not, unless of course you perjured yourself in court, Doug.
If only your statements were true.

Put the video tape of the incident on line and then perhaps you will see why prosecution was pointless.

Once again, half truths, innuendo, and slander. Tools of the trade for those with no arguments.
Tell It Like It Is

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt you are quite the rambler...going on and on but never really saying anything??? It seems the attributes you place on the SEA more accurately describe the anti-community pro-agenda tea party ramblers..
The ramblings of the ramblers ....going on and on but never really saying anythings..... were expertly taught in public school board meetings by our wealthy, educated SEA union activists... HOW to ramble and rant and demand and threaten and intimidate and bully ..... in the excellent with distinction forced unionizaton way! Guess you don't like seeing the reflection of your own SEA greed and hostility?
No Doubt

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

poundsand wrote:
No Doubt, how about you save us all from your personal viewpoints and BS ramblings and go play harikari.
Only if you go first!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,381 - 25,400 of30,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Huber Heights Discussions

Search the Huber Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Pops 25,382
Boofuckinhoo! Banned from "POLITIX"! What will ... 3 hr Dew1234 3
Hermain Cain is Uncle Tom 3 hr The New Cool Warrior 7
Review: Waynedale Circle Apartments 4 hr Dew1234 20
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Samuel 17,927
New poll,61% support Keystone pipeline! 8 hr The Duke of Hazard 2
329,000, new jobless report 8 hr The Duke of Hazard 5
•••
•••