First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Trouble in Huber

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Feb 17, 2011
Well I guess we haven't learned a damn thing about from the past. So we now have a thug night club in Huber Heights. Club Heat will bring nothing but trouble. Just what we need a bunch of pants hanging off thugs shooting guns off at closing time. Nice!!! Keep this up and all the decent people will move out of Huber and the thugs will take it over.
Huber Resident

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Feb 17, 2011
Yeah what happen with this:

By Cornelius Frolik, Staff Writer
Updated 12:42 AM Thursday, June 24, 2010
HUBER HEIGHTS — City Council here is taking steps to ensure the city remains night club-free.

City Council filed an objection to a liquor permit application submitted by Deborah Young, the previous owner of the Round Up in Harrison Twp., a business police said had problems before Young voluntarily shut it down.

Young wants to open a dance club, called Heat, at 6115 Brandt Pike, a building formerly home to Tropical Breeze. She said she would only admit customers 25 and older and feature pool tables, a full bar and a DJ who primarily plays country and pop music.

To maintain order, Young said she would hire a handful of bouncers and pay for an off-duty police officer to keep watch outside.

Young’s assurances, however, did not convince council members to withdraw their objection.

At-large Councilman Mark Campbell said he opposes the permit because a night club will overtax the city’s safety forces while creating a real potential for unruly conduct.

“If it’s these type of establishments that cause those communities like (Trotwood and Dayton) to turn into what they are, then sign me up for opposing them every day,” he said.

Police Chief Rob Schommer said when night clubs close at 2 a.m., their patrons often disperse into the community, causing trouble at still-open businesses.

“It’s a heavy service demand on police forces because it’s not the (bar’s) problem at that point, and we’re required to respond to it,” Schommer said.

The matter will be heard before the Ohio Liquor Control Commission.

Looks like they got their approval. Thats just great. Bullets will be flying and Huber will end up another Trotwood. Thanks Debby Young, you had to close up your club in Harrison Twp because you couldnt control these punks and now you bring them to Huber.
No club heat

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Feb 18, 2011
The police chief is correct. When they have those Gangsta Rap crowds at the Raquet Ball Club on Taylorsville RD, its the same thing. Our local cops are tied up keeping those punks from shooting each other.
No club heat

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Feb 18, 2011
DAYTON — Huber Heights officials told a state liquor control hearing officer they object to Yak Entertainment’s liquor permit because of the owner’s “total disregard” for state laws and her history of being uncooperative with police.

At the hearing Wednesday, July 21, at Dayton Public Library, the city’s Assistant Law Director Gerald McDonald said police reports show that on several occasions Yak Entertainment LLC owner Deborah Young was unhelpful with authorities when they responded to problems and violence at her former bar, Round Up, in Harrison Twp.

“They (were) more interested in keeping the business open than the serious nature of what” happened there, McDonald said, adding that the club’s owners on occasion have also violated the state’s tax laws.

Young is seeking to serve beer, wine and spirits at Heat nightclub, a dance club she plans to open at 6115 Brandt Pike.

McDonald said Huber Heights officials oppose her application because the club threatens residents’ quality of life. He claims police responded to about 140 calls at Round Up, a few of which were in connection to shootings.

But Young said she operated her old business responsibly, and the vast majority of the trouble occurred outside of the club. She said her business was never cited for liquor control violations and the location was mostly to blame for its problems. She promised also to provide the security necessary to make Heat nightclub safe.

Hearing officer James Bally said that within several days he will submit his report to the Ohio Division of Liquor Control. The agency will decide whether to sustain or overrule the city’s objection.
Kirby

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Feb 19, 2011
Yeah they broadcast live on that hip hop station 102.9 and bring all those thugs from west dayton up here. Just what we need. Enough is enough. Are we gonna stand by like trotwood did and watch our city get destroyed.
no one cares

Dayton, OH

#6 Feb 19, 2011
We can talk about this until we are blue in the face. The bottom line is nobody in this town cares or we wouldnt have the trash coming in here like we do today. Now a rapp bar in town. Just change the name to Huberwood.
Mixed Opinions

Morehead, KY

#7 Feb 19, 2011
I have personally been in contact with the owner and promoters in this establishment... There goal is not to bring trouble and not to be "unhelpful" yet with any establishment you serve alcohol and eventually you will have issues! Now the truth of the matter in all your opinions I have read is it is a black thing! Now with that said... you can gather whites/blacks and mexicans and drink and feel safe, but there is always a chance for trouble!
anti thug

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Feb 22, 2011
Say what you want, it only took um less than 8 years to destroy the Salem Mall. I bet you there is a shooting a Club Heat before the summers over. These punk ass thugs are unable to drink and have a good time without bustin some caps. Just wait and watch it will happen and they will close that place down so fast it will make your head spin. It has nothing to do with black or white, it's thug gangsta wannabes and they come in all colors. Pretty soon the west side thugs will be upon in that place.
Neighborhood watch

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Feb 22, 2011
Yep, that stupid club owner didn't learn a thing from Harrison Twp. Now she brings this garbage into Huber Heights. Harrison twp didnt want um what makes her think we want her thug club in our town. Im sure Huber cops have plenty of that pretty yellow police tape and a mop. There gonna need it.
anti thug

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Feb 22, 2011
I give it a month or two. Like Chris Rock said Grand opening and when the thugs come in grand closing.
Neighborhood watch

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Feb 22, 2011
Trouble in Huber wrote:
Well I guess we haven't learned a damn thing about from the past. So we now have a thug night club in Huber Heights. Club Heat will bring nothing but trouble. Just what we need a bunch of pants hanging off thugs shooting guns off at closing time. Nice!!! Keep this up and all the decent people will move out of Huber and the thugs will take it over.
If I could sell my home I would be outta here. I live near that place. When they start there shootouts I will probably catch a stray bullet in my house. Huber Heights is going to crap and its a shame. It was once a nice place to live. But so was Trotwood at one time.
Neighborhood watch

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Feb 22, 2011
Mixed Opinions wrote:
I have personally been in contact with the owner and promoters in this establishment... There goal is not to bring trouble and not to be "unhelpful" yet with any establishment you serve alcohol and eventually you will have issues! Now the truth of the matter in all your opinions I have read is it is a black thing! Now with that said... you can gather whites/blacks and mexicans and drink and feel safe, but there is always a chance for trouble!
Really tell me when a club that plays rapp music has been a place where people can gather and feel safe. Every damn club that has that format has a shooting and gets shut down from dayton and all over.
anti thug

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Feb 22, 2011
I hope people start moving out like crazy. The taxes we pay in this county much less the city and we have to put up with a thug bar in town. Enough is enough. Hell, I can move into Miami or Preble county and get away from crap like this and pay cheaper taxes.
pull your pants up

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Feb 22, 2011
Want examples well okay,

DAYTON: Gunman Wanted In Club Shooting
Posted: 5:58 am EDT July 5, 2010
Updated: 4:06 pm EDT July 5, 2010

DAYTON, Ohio -- Police in Dayton said a nightclub turned into a crime scene after gunfire rang out on the sidewalk in front of the A-List club early Monday morning.

Guman Sought In Fatal Club Shooting

TROTWOOD, Ohio -- Police in Trotwood said they are looking for a Dayton man accused of opening fire in a local nightclub, killing one person and wounding five others.

Nightclub shooting

The holiday weekend violence began early Friday morning when Dayton police responded to a shooting outside Hammerjax nightclub in downtown.

You get the picture pants hanging down thugs ruin everything.
Carl

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Feb 22, 2011
It's sad but true. Look around these days and wake up people. These violent thugs will not stop until they destroy every place they go. I remember the Salem Mall well. Use to be a wonderful place to take the family. Then the thugs showed up. I remember one incident real well. A fighter piolt was shopping with his family and some thugs beat him up causing him to go bline in one eye. It ended his career. They just randomly picked him and did this for no reason. Wait til it's not safe to walk the streets of Huber. All this thug crap started in Compton California and spread all over.
Thuglife

United States

#17 Feb 25, 2011
anti thug wrote:
Say what you want, it only took um less than 8 years to destroy the Salem Mall. I bet you there is a shooting a Club Heat before the summers over. These punk ass thugs are unable to drink and have a good time without bustin some caps. Just wait and watch it will happen and they will close that place down so fast it will make your head spin. It has nothing to do with black or white, it's thug gangsta wannabes and they come in all colors. Pretty soon the west side thugs will be upon in that place.
I like how you say it has nothing to do with black and white then talk about "west side thugs". You're as stupid as those thugs.
Thuglife

United States

#18 Feb 25, 2011
And the rest of you...move the hell out. Rather have thugs than racist scum like you.
Shut it down

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Mar 1, 2011
Someone made a facebook page to shut it down, it has no one liking it yet so if you all wanna get rid of this place help out and like the page, he's using it as a petition http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shut-Down-The-H...
Sierra

Hamilton, OH

#20 Mar 2, 2011
Thuglife wrote:
And the rest of you...move the hell out. Rather have thugs than racist scum like you.
You obviously don't know whats going on here. Its not racist, its saying thugs in general. It can be white or black, but no good can come of it. You're from what West Liberty? Do you have to deal with this? I live in Huber Heights, I don't want to see this town go to crap, as it already is. The last thing I want to do, is pay outrageous taxes to live in some place where they are letting it be okay to have some nightclub in town that's only going to result in people getting hurt, excess use of police force, cars getting broken into, homes, etc. There is neighborhoods all around this club, I know many people that live within walking distance. With children, and the elderly. Should we be risking people's safety for some dumb nightclub?

The owner is notoriously known to have clubs like this. Harrison Township got rid of her, its time Huber does too. She petitioned saying it'd play country music & pop, yeah what the hell happened to that. This is a joke, and anyone who sees this club as being okay in a COMMUNITY, you're wrong.
pissed off

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Mar 2, 2011
Get this ghetto crap out of my neighborhood now! Go back to west dayton were you can shoot and loot to your hearts content

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huber Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Tony 21,384
Raven 4 hr Big baby 1
I hear there are no scooter clubs in Dayton. Jan 19 scooterrider 1
Let's get freaky with Maytal Levi! (Jan '15) Jan 17 Make topic worse ... 12
Whereabouts of Alex Sator (Apr '11) Jan 17 Make topic worse ... 12
Browns remodleing Jan 15 Russo 2
horrible timing Dec '17 Notfunny 1

Huber Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huber Heights Mortgages