Heat Forces Dayton Schools To Dismiss Early | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS 11
Huber Heights City Schools started classes a week earlier than normal because officials had a long term goal in mind. Full Story
WasteMoney

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2010
Children belong in school. Liberals always have an excuse for cancelling school - it's too hot, teacher's UNION in-service-day, etc. etc. Time to reintroduce Americans to the WORK ETHIC where you shut up and do your job, whether it is hot or cold, and no matter how you feel. Especially in school the lesson needs to be - SUCK IT UP AND WORK.
mollysmom

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2010
WOW when i was in school we had no ac or fans or anything and guess what we had to suck it up and move on thats crazy when i was in school it would get around 100 and they didnt care. wow wish i was in school now they get out for anything
Shelley

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Sep 1, 2010
When I was in school nobody had air conditioning and it sucked big time but for the most part we lived all except for old Dave he was my third grade teachwer for a while until he died.
WasteMoney

United States

#4 Sep 1, 2010
Shelley wrote:
When I was in school nobody had air conditioning and it sucked big time but for the most part we lived all except for old Dave he was my third grade teachwer for a while until he died.
Your third grade teacher died? Right in the middle of the school year? Did it freak the kids out?
Working hard for U

New Albany, OH

#5 Sep 1, 2010
What about building schools with windows and keep class doors open for cross ventilation?

What about starting school after Labor Day like we used to?

If the school's aren't AC'd then the administation offices shouldn't be either - let them all feel the heat!!!
AEK

Grove City, OH

#6 Sep 1, 2010
They have to cancel school when it's too hot these days because if little Madison gets sick from the heat helicopter Mommy and Daddy swoop in and threaten to sue.

Since: Jan 10

Dayton, Oh

#7 Sep 1, 2010
School used to start after labor day and we didn't have so many hot days. What is the point of starting school in August anyway? I smell Teacher's Union.
Home

Grove City, OH

#8 Sep 1, 2010
Samst0ne wrote:
School used to start after labor day and we didn't have so many hot days. What is the point of starting school in August anyway? I smell Teacher's Union.
I'm sure teachers enjoy sweating in schools without a/c.
getting Better With Age

Newark, OH

#11 Sep 1, 2010
WasteMoney wrote:
Children belong in school. Liberals always have an excuse for cancelling school - it's too hot, teacher's UNION in-service-day, etc. etc. Time to reintroduce Americans to the WORK ETHIC where you shut up and do your job, whether it is hot or cold, and no matter how you feel. Especially in school the lesson needs to be - SUCK IT UP AND WORK.
So if its 20 degrees outside and there is no heat in the school's. Should they cancel School or suck it up ?
getting Better With Age

Newark, OH

#12 Sep 1, 2010
mollysmom wrote:
WOW when i was in school we had no ac or fans or anything and guess what we had to suck it up and move on thats crazy when i was in school it would get around 100 and they didnt care. wow wish i was in school now they get out for anything
Its Funny i remember a few years back maybe 8 years ago. It got down to like 40 just after school started , a fluke much like the other day when it got down to 43. The Parents had a Fit because the schools didnt have their heat on. Everyone seems to think by God they better have heat in the Winter time. But they dont seem to care that they dont have A/C , in the Summer and june just as school is ending. Its not just schools its anywhere. People seem to have that idea that Heat is a neccesity. But A/C is a Luxery. Thats Bulls***. A/C is just as important as heat. People need to get that through there heads. Schools al should hae A/C.
getting Better With Age

Newark, OH

#13 Sep 1, 2010
John Henry HoIIiday wrote:
Well, your argument does and does not hold water. If morons like Hubertucky Heights keep starting school around August 11(they did so this year), they are going to
A. Invest in air conditioning(thus, pass another levy, which Gannon doesn't get)
B. Start about 2-3 weeks later so they won't have so many early dismissals
As far as your liberl argument, it's not a lib/conservaturd thing. Stick it up your a $$
Very Well Said !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huber Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
4 hour CCW-class-cut is nuts! 6 hr Gun Nut 1
Regarding piles-of-trash memorial whining shrines: 6 hr Former Cop 1
Riot at Dayton Mall Wal-Mart on Xmas Eve ... Wh... 22 hr The New Cool Warrior 3
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sat Worth Repeating 31,562
donnie burns outlaws mc (Feb '12) Fri brownkr38 6
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: Dec 26 bite me 8
Huber Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huber Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huber Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huber Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:41 pm PST

ESPN 3:41PM
Owner says some Browns need to 'grow up'
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live Cincinnati Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 4:32 PM
Making the Case for Watt as MVP
Bleacher Report 4:37 PM
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live Pittsburgh Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 5:05 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has upset stomach, hasn't warmed up