Is Ohio next on right-to-work battlefront?

Dec 12, 2012 Full story: WKYC-TV 183

As neighboring Michigan became the 24th state Tuesday to enact laws that prohibit agreements requiring workers to join a union or pay dues, Ohio groups that support the laws say the Buckeye State has to follow suit or watch jobs leave.

Full Story
Social Worker

Dayton, OH

#82 Feb 3, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Likely not so. The U.S. is too large of a market. Most Production would come back on shore after awhile. Unemployment would go away & we would need more immigrants to fill those jobs.That would be a tough transition, but that's what would happen.
Without China's almost slave labor, you cell phone would cost hundreds of dollars more than it did. The same with lots of other items.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#83 Feb 3, 2013
deray wrote:
Like I said earlier the only rights the right to work law really give. Is you the right to leave for no or any reason. The right for your employer to fire you for no or any reason. The employer don't have to give any reason what so ever.
In the state I live in, Kentucky, the state will basically suspend or restrict any laws that would help the employee against the employer. Other words the employee is always guilty until proven innocent (if you get remanded, fired or injured) and usually you have a short time frame to prove it. Medical problems, even if work related will get you fired. Even if you prove the supervisor's girl friends are lying, you will get fired. Even if you prove something your accused of did not or could not have happened, you can be fired.
The employer is always innocent and must be proven guilty (usually in a court of law), you also have a short time frame to prove this. This gives the employee a work life in hell, you have nothing really to say about anything unless for some reason you have wealth or wealthy backing. That is just some of the reasons why unions were established in the first place.
I hear you. From my experiences I have called KY the "Right to Fire' state. And IF you want to contest a termination, who is likely to have the 1,000's & 1,000 & 1,000 of dollars to do so?

Since: Dec 09

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#84 Feb 3, 2013
That's a good thing, higher taxes China would be paid off faster, same with all the other items, the idea is survival, not how much something costs.

We are going to pay more in the long run, we are borrowing money from China at interest that we must pay back, why not pay the real cost up front on each item, instead of borrowing money that we and our children must pay back?

That is like buying a piece of electronics at rent a center, aarons, a plus rental and such. You know how they make their money sell you a cell phone for $25 a month that if you would pay for up front would cost you $200, but if you do what they want with interest it would cost $500+. That is what China and other countries are doing right now to the citizens of the United States. Your falling for it hook line an sinker.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#85 Feb 3, 2013
Social Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Without China's almost slave labor, your cell phone would cost hundreds of dollars more than it did. The same with lots of other items.
Likely so. But I am NOT a 'slave' to such technology. For those that talk, text, surf, check & send E-mail etc, they would pay $100's more, IF they need to or if they can.
BUT I didn't say 'every job' or every product would come back on shore because I am aware of using absolutes in most cases.

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#86 Feb 3, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear you. From my experiences I have called KY the "Right to Fire' state. And IF you want to contest a termination, who is likely to have the 1,000's & 1,000 & 1,000 of dollars to do so?
Yes and if Ohio becomes a right to work state they will find that out. It would be interesting to make a list of the state laws, union rights they have now. Then if they decide to become a right to work state compare notes and see what they have lost in bargaining power as employees. I bet no representation in any form, lower wages, little insurance for them or their families would top the list. Slave labor with no say so on anything would be a big shock for many.

Since: Aug 12

Taylorsville, GA

#87 Feb 3, 2013
deray wrote:
<quoted text>
Three questions:
1. Were you born in this country?
2. Is one of or both your parents illegal immigrants?
3. Are you living with / married to a illegal immigrant?
I have found out that many of the posts you are making are being made by those who fit in one or more of these categories. A clear, honest answer would be appreciated.
I was born in Northwest Ohio.
My ancestors on both parents sides fought in the civil war and imigrated legally to this country.
I don't any illegal immigrants personally.
Ohio couldn't sustain a job for me so I had to move to Georgia.
I currently live 2 miles from the Kennesaw Mountain national battlefield park where my ancestors fought against slavery. My great great grandpas brother is burried 5 miles from here.
I make more money here working for a corporation than I ever would've dreamt of making in Ohio. I COULD be fired for being a dumbass if I so choose to be dumbass while working for my employer here.
They like me and I like them so I don't have that problem and I don't get fired. If you don't have the same relationship with your employer, then I would suggest you move to a Non right to work state, get a job at a UAW outfit and please proceed to act like a dumbass to your hearts content knowing you're fire proof.
Know that producer class American folks like myself have made the conscious decision to not pay the mark up for unionized labor that allows for complete idiocy on the job. My next pick up truck will be made in San Antonio Texas and won't be by General Motors, Ford or Chrysler.

Taylorsville, GA

#88 Feb 3, 2013
deray wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and if Ohio becomes a right to work state they will find that out. It would be interesting to make a list of the state laws, union rights they have now. Then if they decide to become a right to work state compare notes and see what they have lost in bargaining power as employees. I bet no representation in any form, lower wages, little insurance for them or their families would top the list. Slave labor with no say so on anything would be a big shock for many.
Please tell us and without union propaganda talking points why it is that any police or fire or emergency personnel here in Georgia aren't flocking away from right to work states to get to work in UNION BLESSED Ohio?

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#89 Feb 3, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us and without union propaganda talking points why it is that any police or fire or emergency personnel here in Georgia aren't flocking away from right to work states to get to work in UNION BLESSED Ohio?
Very simple, the most of them have UNIONS / UNION LIKE ORGANIZATIONS specific to their line of work. In most cases also they are not employed privately but are employed by the local or state government, those employed by the government also have UNIONS OR UNION LIKE ORGANIZATIONS. Many are AFL-CIO chartered unions uniquely for law enforcement and emergency personnel. They usually don't use AFL-CIO but use the name of a association of some kind, state based or organization based. Nothing new, school teachers and other groups have had the same for many years.

Many people don't like moving around, but stay near to where they were born, especially us older ones, we have come to understand not everything is money and possessions. A more simple life gives much peace, time to love an share with your family and to have real friends.

Taylorsville, GA

#90 Feb 3, 2013
Look its Beyonce at the Superbowl..... Wonder why they didn't pick Susan Boyle to shake her ass?
Trim the fat Ohio!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91 Feb 3, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Look its Beyonce at the Superbowl..... Wonder why they didn't pick Susan Boyle to shake her ass?
Trim the fat Ohio!
you are watching those union players.

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#92 Feb 3, 2013
I noticed that Udintbuild toke her pic down. Ha Ha that's funny there.

Acworth, GA

#93 Feb 3, 2013
If Baltimore wins this, look at the city they have to to go home to.......

Complete and utter disaster zone.

Location hidden

#94 Feb 3, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
If Baltimore wins this, look at the city they have to to go home to.......
Complete and utter disaster zone.
true and its been that way for years.

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#95 Feb 3, 2013
That's one of those no questions asked places, illegal Mexicans are flocking there in droves, that is probably a good part of the disaster.

Taylorsville, GA

#96 Feb 3, 2013
deray wrote:
I noticed that Udintbuild toke her pic down. Ha Ha that's funny there.
The preggers obama girl was hardly MY picture. That was to make a point with a small northwestern town in Ohio thay has been over run by the moocher class.
That's Beyonce that's in my space for a picture currently.
Yeah its funny......because right to work states can shake their booty like Beyonce and attract jobs and NON RTW states shake their ass like frumpy old Susan Boyle. Nobody coming there.....
Now that there is funny! And true.

Location hidden

#97 Feb 3, 2013
Food Stamp Use is Highest in Red States: The Truth Republicans Do Not Want You to Know

http://www.policymic.com/articles/14007/food-...

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#98 Feb 3, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
The preggers obama girl was hardly MY picture. That was to make a point with a small northwestern town in Ohio thay has been over run by the moocher class.
That's Beyonce that's in my space for a picture currently.
Yeah its funny......because right to work states can shake their booty like Beyonce and attract jobs and NON RTW states shake their ass like frumpy old Susan Boyle. Nobody coming there.....
Now that there is funny! And true.
Don't get mad, I just thought it was funny you calling all them people fatties and such and you had a big old fat girl preggers as you picture. Ha Ha wheeeee

Taylorsville, GA

#99 Feb 3, 2013
Who all as I calling fattie???? Make the connection here dude.....

Ohio is the Susan Boyle of states trying to attract jobs. And shes not working tonight...... but Beyonce IS working tonight.

Was a metaphor for RTW states and Non RTW states....

Taylorsville, GA

#100 Feb 3, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Food Stamp Use is Highest in Red States: The Truth Republicans Do Not Want You to Know
http://www.policymic.com/articles/14007/food-...
Georgia is getting Caterpillar, Baxter, Porsche, and we already got KIA......

What's Ohio getting? Big fat nothin.....

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#101 Feb 3, 2013
If you say so...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huber Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Judith Feinberg 19,384
How liberal ladies can save lives: 3 hr masterofconcretep... 2
Looking for Prentice Richardson (Aka Buddy) (Apr '12) 17 hr jjsparks 8
dennis gannon 18 hr masterofconcretep... 14
LEON HARRISON: Profile of a loser (Aug '13) 19 hr masterofconcretep... 18
Dr Commander selvam swamiji sri selvam siddhar ... (Dec '11) 23 hr The Duke of Hazard 41
Leon Harrison brand urinal cakes (Jul '13) Wed Tina 21
Huber Heights Dating
Find my Match

Huber Heights Jobs

Huber Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huber Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huber Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]