Sidetracks - Man shot at firefighters...

Sidetracks - Man shot at firefighters who refused to rescue cat

There are 41 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Apr 17, 2007, titled Sidetracks - Man shot at firefighters who refused to rescue cat. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

A man who shot at firefighters after they refused to get his cat out of a tree has been sentenced to five months in jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Doug

AOL

#1 Apr 17, 2007
Way to stand up for the people in uniform judge! Maybe you would have handed down a more severe sentence if Cullen had shot at you. You are worthless.
Betty

Denver, CO

#2 Apr 17, 2007
Too bad he missed.
Geoff

Long Branch, NJ

#3 Apr 17, 2007
He's got to be related to the judge or family friends, something I would hope would have contributed to such a ridiculous sentence.
Sally Chasen

United States

#4 Apr 17, 2007
Some of like our cats, more than we like some people. The man wanted his cat, they should understand that.
curly Q

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2007
It should have been a feliney charge.

Since: Apr 07

Fort Morgan, CO

#6 Apr 17, 2007
Hmm. I would think that the remaineder of his beer would have been a better persuader.
Doug

AOL

#7 Apr 17, 2007
Sally Chasen wrote:
Some of like our cats, more than we like some people. The man wanted his cat, they should understand that.
Wow - I don't think I have ever read a more rational argument in support of trying to kill a fire fighter.
Betty

Denver, CO

#8 Apr 18, 2007
curly Q wrote:
It should have been a feliney charge.
So should misspelling. It's FELONY, stupid.

Fort Morgan, CO

#9 Apr 18, 2007
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
He was trying to be funny by playing on the work feline. Now who's stupid?

Why do people have to come on these things just to attack others?
Professional Woman

Leadville, CO

#10 Apr 18, 2007
Just dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they have no life.
John

Napoleon, OH

#11 Apr 18, 2007
Being a firefighter I can assure you I would feel very bad if I were rescuing an animal and could not respond to rescue a human. I understand some people would put the well being of thier pets above humans so I can't help but wonder why they would not pay someone in that business to save their critter.
banjo

Denver, CO

#12 Apr 18, 2007
Just dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
you shouldnt make her mad, she is crazy lady
Bev

Denver, CO

#14 Apr 18, 2007
Betty wrote:
Too bad he missed.
Well, Betty, I hope you never have to depend on a firefighters services. That comment definetly showed your intelligence level.
I Ron Nick

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2007
Geoff wrote:
He's got to be related to the judge or family friends, something I would hope would have contributed to such a ridiculous sentence.
Kingman is a very small town...everyone knows everyone. I'm sure the sentence fits the crime for this Mayberry like town.
Deb

Monroe, LA

#17 Apr 18, 2007
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Betty. you never cease to amaze me with your idiotic stupid comments. Maybe you should read...
you didn't get the "feline" reference to the cat? And you say too bad he missed?
You are one sorry piece of work. I was going to add lady to the end of that.. but you are definitely no resembelance to a lady what so ever.
You stick up for child molesters and stupid people shooting at firemen. You can't be real..
Jeff

Aguilar, CO

#18 Apr 18, 2007
There is no excuse for shooting at people.

However, I can understand the frustration the shooter had, most firefighters are a constant drain on the taxpayers. What I think is funny, is that after 9/11, people treat firefighters as GODS! Remember people, there were police and civilian rescuers too!

In the tiny mountain town I grew up in named Leadville, all the firefighters drive around the biggest fire truck they can find, like its a personal taxi. They go to the Safeway store, and use it to go to lunch in! Why waste the diesel and cause the wear and tear? Don't firefighters have smaller support vehicles? Or is it MACHO to drive the BIG TRUCK? Then, as a tax payer, when you ask them to do something simple, they wont help you. LAZY PEOPLE. Sad thing is that they make alot more than the local police!
Deb

Monroe, LA

#19 Apr 18, 2007
Jeff wrote:
There is no excuse for shooting at people.
However, I can understand the frustration the shooter had, most firefighters are a constant drain on the taxpayers. What I think is funny, is that after 9/11, people treat firefighters as GODS! Remember people, there were police and civilian rescuers too!
In the tiny mountain town I grew up in named Leadville, all the firefighters drive around the biggest fire truck they can find, like its a personal taxi. They go to the Safeway store, and use it to go to lunch in! Why waste the diesel and cause the wear and tear? Don't firefighters have smaller support vehicles? Or is it MACHO to drive the BIG TRUCK? Then, as a tax payer, when you ask them to do something simple, they wont help you. LAZY PEOPLE. Sad thing is that they make alot more than the local police!
sorry you have such a bad attitude. Did you get turned down when you applied to test for the fire dept.? They drive around in the trucks, because they need to be available 24/7 in case of a call. I have seen before,when they are in the store,(because they do need to have groceries when they are 24 hours on at a time, or did you not want them to eat? and are you going to grocery shop for them?)
they drop whatever they are doing and run out if they get a call. This is why they drive in the truck.
You are ignorant and rude. Firefighters are the first on scene to accidents, and other calls, many many times. Firefighters saved my sister's life when she had a siezure, because they were the first on scene. When you are in an accident, please turn the firefighters away when they respond first to help you, because they don't need to waste their time on someone who has your attitude.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#21 Apr 18, 2007
It's actually a pretty funny story given no one was injured. The last comment the shooter made is that he needed to look at his alcohol consumption.

“What did you say?”

Location hidden

#22 Apr 18, 2007
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>

You are ignorant and rude. Firefighters are the first on scene to accidents, and other calls, many many times. Firefighters saved my sister's life when she had a siezure, because they were the first on scene. When you are in an accident, please turn the firefighters away when they respond first to help you, because they don't need to waste their time on someone who has your attitude.
Here! Here!
Jane

Denver, CO

#23 Apr 18, 2007
Love reading the comments. What an entertaining bunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hualapai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Mon small dog 12,289
I am thinking about relocating to Kingman (Mar '15) Sun Misty Fitch 15
News Residents: Dusty farm operations pose risks to ... (Apr '15) Feb 7 vock canyon 5
moving to kingman (Jan '06) Feb 7 vock canyon 2,184
Kingman Daily Minor and face book log in Feb 7 vock canyon 2
Weed in Ktown (Mar '15) Feb 7 vock canyon 4
lets get naked! Feb 5 Anonymous 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hualapai Mortgages