9NEWS - U.S./World - Article - First ...

9NEWS - U.S./World - Article - First few step onto Grand Canyon...

There are 1 comment on the KUSA Denver story from Mar 20, 2007, titled 9NEWS - U.S./World - Article - First few step onto Grand Canyon.... In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Indian leaders and former astronauts stepped gingerly beyond the Grand Canyon's rim Tuesday, staring through the glass floor and into the 4,000-foot chasm below during the opening ceremony for a new observation ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

Why the debate

Ventura, CA

#1 Mar 22, 2007
I do not understand why outsider people would want to even make negative comments about the skywalk because the way I see it these lands were taking from native americans and their lands reduced to mere slivers of what they once were. They recieve no assitance from outsiders.
I believe this will help with funds for the tribe and it may not be a bad thing as it will allow one to be closer to nature and have an eagle's eye view of the canyon and will only add to the experience of the canyon. I honor the tribal leaders decision to benefit the tribe with the skywalk, after all what is our goverment doing for us and our interests.

Raul
Denver

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hualapai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Golden Valley (Mar '11) Apr 20 funky monkey 101
Relocating to Dolan Springs Apr 12 Sopr 6
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Apr 12 Rob 12,300
Gay/bis in kingman az? (Dec '14) Apr 10 zues_boyi 20
Armed security for hire in Kingman? Apr 3 vock canyon 2
lets get naked! Apr 3 vock canyon 3
Vote For Donald Trump Apr 3 vock canyon 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hualapai Mortgages