This Memorial Day - We Remember You Too Mr. President...

Posted in the Huachuca City Forum

Marcus

Sierra Vista, AZ

#1 May 25, 2012
You sullied us in front of the World by calling this nation "Arrogant"....You haven't earned that right sir!

http://www.armyparatrooper.org/dropzone/showt...
Poppy

Huachuca City, AZ

#2 May 25, 2012
The President and commander in chief along with the first lady have backed our military all the way.

You are the arrogant one to use this Memorial Day to try and make political hay. YOU ARE DISGUSTING.
Honor the lives lost and our military on this weekend.

You and those like you are what is wrong in America
spare me

United States

#3 May 25, 2012
Marcus wrote:
You sullied us in front of the World by calling this nation "Arrogant"....You haven't earned that right sir!
s the f u

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 May 25, 2012
Marcus wrote:
Not that I believe there was a shred of real sincerity in his statement, but what did Bush Senior mean when he vowed to the world a "kinder, gentler nation?" Don't such words clearly imply that the U.S. had room for improvement in it's attitude toward the world?
Critique

Peoria, AZ

#5 May 25, 2012
spare me wrote:
<quoted text>
s the f u
I see criticism of the President isn't allowed by you.

Blow me.
Poppy

Huachuca City, AZ

#6 May 25, 2012
Critique wrote:
<quoted text>
I see criticism of the President isn't allowed by you.
Blow me.
NO, not using Memorial Day. My brother lost his life serving and no you are not going to use that day to criticize anyone. Blow yourself, I will provide the magnifying glass.
Monty Anaconda

Peoria, AZ

#7 May 25, 2012
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, not using Memorial Day. My brother lost his life serving and no you are not going to use that day to criticize anyone..
Try and stop me, mutherf**ker.

Memorial Day is a good day to remember the sacrifices made in the name of freedom. And one big freedom is the freedom to criticize Obama for the failure he is.
Poppy

Huachuca City, AZ

#8 May 26, 2012
Monty Anaconda wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and stop me, mutherf**ker.
Memorial Day is a good day to remember the sacrifices made in the name of freedom. And one big freedom is the freedom to criticize Obama for the failure he is.
Rhino skin
My oh my
quote of the day
honest living
great quote
mountain news
and NOW just plain dipwad
You are the failure. I am a veteran, have you done anything to serve your country??
No Difference

Tucson, AZ

#10 May 26, 2012
I really think the president is being played like a puppet by a global group somewhere.

Blaming any president is like blaming a puppet.
Monty Anaconda

Peoria, AZ

#12 May 26, 2012
Poppy wrote:
I did my time, am a veteran and lost my brother in Viet Nam.
The wrong brother died.
No Difference

Tucson, AZ

#13 May 26, 2012
We honor both of you on this special day.
Thank you for your service.
Let's have some peace today.
Poppy

Huachuca City, AZ

#14 May 26, 2012
Monty Anaconda wrote:
<quoted text>
The wrong brother died.
I would have traded places with him in a heart beat.......
Positive

Tucson, AZ

#15 May 26, 2012
Poppy

Huachuca City, AZ

#16 May 26, 2012
Positive wrote:
Already did.......
Positive

Tucson, AZ

#17 May 26, 2012
Poppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did.......
:)

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Location hidden

#18 May 26, 2012
Marcus wrote:
So, you say that our president has sullied America's name by calling our nation 'arrogant.' And you've gone on to point us at rant blogs about the same thing, plus throw in your tired quote of what a president said a century ago about a President's role.. But nowhere have you put Obama's use of the word "arrogant" into its proper context.

The speech you refer to was given at a town hall meeting in Strasbourg, France on April 3, 2009. Remember the 'Freedom Fries' and other hothead, blowhard nonsense over France's reservations about joining Bush's Iraq crusade six years earlier? The fake premise of WMD's? By 2009, the vast majority of Americans had come to their senses over the foolhardy rashness and arrogance of our mostly unilateral move in the Iraq invasion.

In the 2009 speech, President Obama said he came to Europe to "renew partnerships" and repair relations between the United States and its allies that had been damaged because of the Iraq War.

"We must be honest with ourselves," the president said. "In recent years, we've allowed our alliance to drift."

Obama said the United States was partly to blame because "there have been times where America's shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe. But he said Europe had to accept responsibility and make changes too.

"In Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans chose to blame America for much of what's bad," Obama said.

Both of these attitudes "do not represent the truth," Obama continued. "America is changing, but it cannot be America alone that changes."

If you choose to grab onto but one word of a speech to support endless, tangential ravings, that's your business. But most of us see such actions as, if not idiotic, simply arrogant displays of egotistical childishness.

In view of this and similar raves you've initiated on this forum, let me make a suggestion: If you keep finding your foot in your mouth, try keeping your mouth closed while kicking at thin air.
Monty Anaconda

Peoria, AZ

#19 May 26, 2012
GulchGeek wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you say that our president has sullied America's name by calling our nation 'arrogant.' And you've gone on to point us at rant blogs about the same thing, plus throw in your tired quote of what a president said a century ago about a President's role.. But nowhere have you put Obama's use of the word "arrogant" into its proper context.
The speech you refer to was given at a town hall meeting in Strasbourg, France on April 3, 2009. Remember the 'Freedom Fries' and other hothead, blowhard nonsense over France's reservations about joining Bush's Iraq crusade six years earlier? The fake premise of WMD's? By 2009, the vast majority of Americans had come to their senses over the foolhardy rashness and arrogance of our mostly unilateral move in the Iraq invasion.
In the 2009 speech, President Obama said he came to Europe to "renew partnerships" and repair relations between the United States and its allies that had been damaged because of the Iraq War.
"We must be honest with ourselves," the president said. "In recent years, we've allowed our alliance to drift."
Obama said the United States was partly to blame because "there have been times where America's shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe. But he said Europe had to accept responsibility and make changes too.
"In Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans chose to blame America for much of what's bad," Obama said.
Both of these attitudes "do not represent the truth," Obama continued. "America is changing, but it cannot be America alone that changes."
If you choose to grab onto but one word of a speech to support endless, tangential ravings, that's your business. But most of us see such actions as, if not idiotic, simply arrogant displays of egotistical childishness.
In view of this and similar raves you've initiated on this forum, let me make a suggestion: If you keep finding your foot in your mouth, try keeping your mouth closed while kicking at thin air.
Gulchie, you are such a f**king blowhard.

“Geekhood Is Greatness”

Location hidden

#20 May 26, 2012
Sure,'Monty'... I suppose you feel that part about what Obama actually said could have been left out?

Besides off-topic snippets, have you anything to add to the subject of this thread?
Poppy

Huachuca City, AZ

#21 May 26, 2012
Positive wrote:
Juliette is an example of the best of Bisbee. She is an artist on many levels, has reinvented herself numerous times to make a living in Bisbee. Raised her kids there. With her sisters, their blog "salvation Sisters" is nothing short of inspired.She is also involved with the Bisbee Enclave blog. If you want an example of how to make Bisbee a better place for its residents and visitors she represents that in spades.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huachuca City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Vertek Wireless (Dec '11) Apr 14 Reggie 2
Kenny Robertson Apr 11 Not that anyone c... 2
Why did Jessica wood have to leave town? (Apr '12) Apr 11 Not that anyone c... 3
Review: Tombstone Mercantile Inc Apr 11 Fairy Queen 6
News A Small Town Fights Meth Problem (Dec '05) Apr '15 window vanity 39
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Huachuca City, AZ (May '12) Jan '15 Yvonne 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Arizona (D... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Graham Kotow 23
More from around the web

Huachuca City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]