new principal at hoxie

Posted in the Hoxie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wondering

Blytheville, AR

#1 May 5, 2011
Omg just heard that hoxie is going to get another principal next year. What has happened to the one they have now? Thought he was suppose to have cleaned their act up.
June

Jonesboro, AR

#2 May 5, 2011
He tried and no one would let him.
just wondering

Blytheville, AR

#3 May 5, 2011
So they are getting rid of him also? That is unreal someone needs to do something there. Do you know who they are planing to replace him with?
jest

Heber Springs, AR

#4 May 5, 2011
As so many have said before, until Dennis Truxler is gone Hoxie School System will never be able to retain quality principals, teachers, etc. They can't deal with his smart mouth and attitude. It is obvious after all these years that he doesn't what he is doing. Yes, I know the school has more money and he has been able (or someone has) to get grant money for different things. But there is a whole lot more to running a school than that. He has done some really good things but it is time for him to move on. He will never leave on his own because he knows he couldn't get another school to hire him as superintendent. He has gotten used to the high salary and doesn't want to go back to being a coach somewhere. If he lost his job, oddds are that his wife would lose hers too. She didn't get that position until he became the Super. I am guessing he is about 56 years old and you can bet he plans on staying right where he is until he can retire. But unless there are legitimate reasons why he should be fired or asked to leave, he isn't going anywhere. Apparently the people who know these things are too intimidated to speak to the school board. They know if they speak out against him and he isn't fired that there will be hell to pay for speaking up. Hw will find a way to make life a lving hell for your kids if you are a parent. If you are an employee and don't play the game then know you there will be negative consequences for you. So what do we do? I admit, I don't know what the answers are. I do know that there is very little respect left for Dennis from parent, students and faculty.
PLEASE

North Little Rock, AR

#5 May 5, 2011
jest wrote:
As so many have said before, until Dennis Truxler is gone Hoxie School System will never be able to retain quality principals, teachers, etc. They can't deal with his smart mouth and attitude. It is obvious after all these years that he doesn't what he is doing. Yes, I know the school has more money and he has been able (or someone has) to get grant money for different things. But there is a whole lot more to running a school than that. He has done some really good things but it is time for him to move on. He will never leave on his own because he knows he couldn't get another school to hire him as superintendent. He has gotten used to the high salary and doesn't want to go back to being a coach somewhere. If he lost his job, oddds are that his wife would lose hers too. She didn't get that position until he became the Super. I am guessing he is about 56 years old and you can bet he plans on staying right where he is until he can retire. But unless there are legitimate reasons why he should be fired or asked to leave, he isn't going anywhere. Apparently the people who know these things are too intimidated to speak to the school board. They know if they speak out against him and he isn't fired that there will be hell to pay for speaking up. Hw will find a way to make life a lving hell for your kids if you are a parent. If you are an employee and don't play the game then know you there will be negative consequences for you. So what do we do? I admit, I don't know what the answers are. I do know that there is very little respect left for Dennis from parent, students and faculty.
PLEASE get your facts straight before posting a bunch of lies and speculation, PLEASE...Mr.White (the principal) got an offer he could not turn down. He was offered more money. Mr.White has a great deal of respect for Mr. Truxler and they get along fine. Mr. Truxler hates to see him leave but has given him his blessing. He let him out of his contract so he could move to a higher paying salary. I was at the board meeting :)
Just me

Dallas, TX

#6 May 6, 2011
Also Truxler is not married anymore.
jest

Heber Springs, AR

#7 May 6, 2011
Well it certainly is nice to hear something good coming from there for a change. I was thinking about all of this last night and felt the Holy Spirit remind me that none of us are perfect and maybe if we would spend as much time praying for Dennis as we do being critical, maybe things would get better. There are so many things that I don't agree with but there is a right way and a wrong way to handle it. If I was in a position of leadership I know I would want others to pray for me that I would be wise enough to make the right decisions and be what I should be. We all fail at times and make mistakes.
SeventySeven

Heber Springs, AR

#8 May 6, 2011
I went to school with Sheri and remember she dated Dennis all through high school. I don't remember her dating anyone else. She was always crazy about him and he was her. Of course they were very young when they got married, so they have really been together most of their lives. I left years ago and had no idea they weren't still married. I saw it posted on here earlier today. I am sorry to hear that. Everybody in our class loved Sheri in high school. She was always sweet and kind to everyone. I never remember her being mean or cruel to anyone. She was just a precious girl you couldn't help but like her. I won't lie though, not everyone liked him the way they did her. But anyway it is admirable that they were married for so long. I hope Sheri is doing well and wish the best for both of them.
oh jest uh

Jonesboro, AR

#9 May 6, 2011
well jest you was really doing some bashing till you found out the truth from someone that was there,then you went to preaching and brought religon in to it....well i guess we all make mistakes that wasent thecrap u was aying earlier howd that crow taste get ur facts straight before u talk shit! yeah i aid it guess you need to pray for me too
jest

Heber Springs, AR

#10 May 6, 2011
oh jest uh wrote:
well jest you was really doing some bashing till you found out the truth from someone that was there,then you went to preaching and brought religon in to it....well i guess we all make mistakes that wasent thecrap u was aying earlier howd that crow taste get ur facts straight before u talk shit! yeah i aid it guess you need to pray for me too
You are right, and this has bothered me for a long time. I am not too proud to admit that I have been wrong. There are a lot of people who need to change their attitudes. It is real easy to sit back and get caught up in the blame game and it is wrong. On the same hand, people with your attitude don't help things either. I know I need all the prayer I can get because we are all just a little too human and make mistakes. As far as praying for you, I would be happy to if that is what you want. But as far judging you for anything you say, that is not for me to do. I am trying to do the right thing and you want to slam me for it. I'm sure you have said things that you have regretted before you had all the facts. I should never even have made comments about the things I knew for a fact were true. It is just wrong. And if you know Dennis half as well as you think you do, he would encourage you to change your attiude instead of popping off when someone has apologized and is trying to do the right thing.
Jeff

Heber Springs, AR

#11 May 7, 2011
oh jest uh wrote:
well jest you was really doing some bashing till you found out the truth from someone that was there,then you went to preaching and brought religon in to it....well i guess we all make mistakes that wasent thecrap u was aying earlier howd that crow taste get ur facts straight before u talk shit! yeah i aid it guess you need to pray for me too
apparently you like to hurt people and stir up somethin if you can. instead of being glad someone is tryin to do the right thing after realizing they were wrong. you decide to try to be cute and make fun of them and bash them and make fun of religion. its people like you that really cause problems. you dont just talk shit ur full a shit.
Shame

Jonesboro, AR

#12 May 8, 2011
If Truxler is so good why are so many long time teachers and other employees wanting to leave. I know of several that would leave in a heart beat if they could. And it would not be because they got an offer somewhere else that they could not refuse. That is a way out that some people use to make it sound better. There are more dissatisfied teachers, parents and students at that school now than ever before and people need to wake up and get rid of Truxler before everyone leaves.
agree

Heber Springs, AR

#13 May 8, 2011
If we speak out against him we are considered horrible people by the few supporters he has left. But it is a little hard to keep your mouth shut when you know for a fact that there are serious problems with Mr. Truxler. I am all for praying for him as one poster suggested, but are we supposed to let him walk all over us and keep doing things he shouldn't be both in and out of school in front of our kids? Enough is enough, and he has had ample time to change his attitude and behavior. The school and the kids will continue to suffer as long as he is here. Question is what do we do about it??? We need to come to some sort of agreement and band together. As for as the school board supporting us, that is a joke too. It is the good old buddy system and they will continue to allow him to do as he pleases. But there has to be an answer and some help somewhere. We will get our large group together at some point and figure out what needs to be done. Enough is enough!
jean

North Little Rock, AR

#14 May 9, 2011
agree wrote:
If we speak out against him we are considered horrible people by the few supporters he has left. But it is a little hard to keep your mouth shut when you know for a fact that there are serious problems with Mr. Truxler. I am all for praying for him as one poster suggested, but are we supposed to let him walk all over us and keep doing things he shouldn't be both in and out of school in front of our kids? Enough is enough, and he has had ample time to change his attitude and behavior. The school and the kids will continue to suffer as long as he is here. Question is what do we do about it??? We need to come to some sort of agreement and band together. As for as the school board supporting us, that is a joke too. It is the good old buddy system and they will continue to allow him to do as he pleases. But there has to be an answer and some help somewhere. We will get our large group together at some point and figure out what needs to be done. Enough is enough!
It is obvious that this is the same person, or maybe a few, people (probably a family) that is writing this stuff. It is sad that you must always put someone down or consistently have drama in ones lives to feel content. There is a easy solution to this problem: Remove your child/children from the school. It is realy simple, there is a freedom of choice law and you would not even have to move. So please take your negativity and need to cause problems somewhere else. My guess is that any school you would go to you would have problems. Im pretty sure that you have problems in your work place as well. Some people just thrive on....having PROBLEMS and have a need for DRAMA. Please band togeather your group and MOVE!!!!!
Shame

Jonesboro, AR

#15 May 9, 2011
When enough people leave and go to WR maybe the school board will wake up and realize the majority mean business. Until then a hand full of Truxler supporters will let Truxler do as he pleases.
clue

Heber Springs, AR

#16 May 9, 2011
PLEASE wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE get your facts straight before posting a bunch of lies and speculation, PLEASE...Mr.White (the principal) got an offer he could not turn down. He was offered more money. Mr.White has a great deal of respect for Mr. Truxler and they get along fine. Mr. Truxler hates to see him leave but has given him his blessing. He let him out of his contract so he could move to a higher paying salary. I was at the board meeting :)
And are you the Keeper of "mr. truxler"??? Are you mr. truxler? If not, are you a school board member? If not how do YOU know so many of the details about the money, feelings, offers, salaries, respect,etc...PLEASE....Tell us!!!
Imogene

Heber Springs, AR

#17 May 9, 2011
jean wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that this is the same person, or maybe a few, people (probably a family) that is writing this stuff. It is sad that you must always put someone down or consistently have drama in ones lives to feel content. There is a easy solution to this problem: Remove your child/children from the school. It is realy simple, there is a freedom of choice law and you would not even have to move. So please take your negativity and need to cause problems somewhere else. My guess is that any school you would go to you would have problems. Im pretty sure that you have problems in your work place as well. Some people just thrive on....having PROBLEMS and have a need for DRAMA. Please band togeather your group and MOVE!!!!!
Jean, I know it hurts you when people talk about the people you love, amd I am sorry for that. But just because there are people who do not approve of the job Dennis is doing doesn't mean they are horrible people. Should it be discussed here on this thing? NO! But there are those who are going to put it out there one way or another. Just because they disapprove of the job he does doesn't mean they hate him or think he is a bad person. But I can assure you that all these people are not from the same family and not all of them live in the same town. Of course there are those who love to stir up trouble. But there are those who are honestly discouraged and fed up with so many things at the school and just do not know what to do, and the numbers are growing. There seems to be a stand off because they aren't going anywhere and neither is he. I have known Dennis since he was just a kid and he has come so far and accomplished so much. He has done a lot of good for the school, and being human, he has made some mistakes. I know he must get awfully frustrated at times. I wouldn't want the job Maybe things will get better though..
Imogene

Heber Springs, AR

#18 May 9, 2011
The people who are posting their real thoughts and feelings on this so called forum is only a glimpse into how many people really feel the same way as those who are posting. So many are just trying to get through this school year to make decisions as to what they need to do next. There are those who would like to think that it is only a few, or the same few, or as one said, the same family. You have to know in your heart of hearts that it goes so much further than that. This has been brewing for at least 3 years and has only gotten worse. You have to remember that teachers and employees are not going to post on Topix. But they do have hurts and concerns and they are voicing their opinions and concerns to people they know they can trust and confide in. They will never speak up in an open school board meeting, they know it won't do any good and they know Dennis will find a way to get even in one way or another. Some of them have lost respect for Dennis and the school board. In fact there is a feeling of hopelessness among parents, teachers and students. So for those of you who feel better by telling yourself there are very few people who feel this way, then indeed tell yourself whatever makes you feel better. But sooner or later you will find out the numbers are far greater than anyone thought.
Teacher

Conyers, GA

#19 May 16, 2011
If there is anyone there in Hoxie who is a certified teacher and no longer wants their job, due to Dennis or any other reason, I will take it. Try being unemployed and paying on student loans. Then again, some teachers concentrate on the success of the kids and not so much on politics.
Shortage

Heber Springs, AR

#20 May 16, 2011
Teacher wrote:
If there is anyone there in Hoxie who is a certified teacher and no longer wants their job, due to Dennis or any other reason, I will take it. Try being unemployed and paying on student loans. Then again, some teachers concentrate on the success of the kids and not so much on politics.
We keep hearing there is such a shortage of teachers. Are you saying you are having a difficult time finding employment as a teacher? Is there really a shortage of teachers in North East Arkansas or Arkansas in general? Or is it a nationwide problem? Or have we benn lied to by government officials, and perhaps there is no teacher shortage at all? If you are a teacher in need of a job I certainly wish you the best in finding one. But I have to say, while I have great respect and admiration for our teachers, I do not envy the job that is expected of you on a daily basis, especially with such a lack of parental support in the era in which we live. Teachers can only do so much----the rest is up to the parents!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoxie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Mary 30,032
Cox-Fears Funeral Home 3 hr Wondering 8
Book Signing 16 hr foxtrotter 11
Hoxie Mayor's Race 16 hr guest 2
Amanda day 19 hr Someone 2
Lawrence Co. votes against hosting state prison 21 hr Bones 21
Football Sun Redblack 1
Hoxie Dating
Find my Match

Hoxie Jobs

Hoxie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hoxie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hoxie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]