Builder's mansion in Orlando area to ...

Builder's mansion in Orlando area to go to winning $100 raffle ...

There are 125 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Builder's mansion in Orlando area to go to winning $100 raffle .... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

John Artimovich and his sons spent about three years building a palace of a home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nancy Riley

United States

#134 Jul 9, 2009
It was a rip off..no raffle and no $100..
I got an email advising that money was being refunded
still waiting for my money !
Nancy Riley

United States

#135 Jul 9, 2009
Did anyone get a refund ?
Where is the money ???
Nancy Riley

United States

#136 Jul 9, 2009
What is the status of the Haylee Cummings little girl..why hasn't someone been arrested ?
Like Daddy & Mrs ?
Andy K Detroit MI

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#137 Jul 28, 2009
R Warren wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to their pockets! I just got an email from an investigotor witht he state today.
Can you give me the state investigator's contact information?
I to bought a ticket and sent the refund forms. I just found out that the reason the refund forms were sent was a reporter was doing a story.
Archangel

Winter Haven, FL

#138 Oct 9, 2009
Del wrote:
Hummmm, arrested for Grand Theft....liens....not paying taxes....geeze, and no one saw this coming?! Good luck getting your raffle money back!
The media is always right, right?

1. Records show that John was arrested for one of his customers filing false charges of theft; she special ordered ugly stone for a project and signed an order form that stated deposit required on special orders, deposit non-refundable; paid deposit of around $1000, stone was received by John then customer did not want the stone anymore and demanded her deposit; the deposit only covered 1/2 of the cost of the materials, John had to pay other half; customer was told her deposit was non-refundable, clearly stated on order form;

This is like special ordering some really ugly tile at Home Depot, that is not stocked, and for all special orders, pay a non-refundable deposit or in full prior to order is placed; THEN, after it is shipped/received, decide you don't want it anymore and demand a full refund from the Manager, who says he can't, THEN she goes to the State Attorney/Sheriff and files grand theft charges against the Manager of Home Depot and he gets arrested! WOW, our great judicial system in action!

John was misrepesented by his attorney who accepted the deal that left a record. John ended up paying back the deposit, paying court costs, attorney's fees and paid for the ugly stone in full.

2. According to court records, liens were filed by subcontractors that did poor work and was fired from the job; Court records also show that they were counter sued and the subcontractors lost. For $11.00 anyone can file a lien and is valid for 1 yr, no one verifies the validity of the lien when it is filed. It is against the law to file fraudulent liens, which disgruntled workers/contractors usually do to "get back" at their employers. All of the liens were contested and discharged, because they were invalid.

3. Public records show there was a 25,000 tax lien against Michael; Public records also show a full release of tax lien shortly after; According to records and tax attorney, IRS made a mistake and combined 2003 and 2004 tax years for 1 year and was quickly resolved by a tax attorney; the true amount owed was $6.89, the $6.89 was paid and IRS immediately released lien.

**All of this information was given to the media but they chose not to mention the true facts.

Because of the false statements in the newspaper and on news/tv, really impacted the outcome of everything; Sabotaged the raffle, forced foreclosure of entire project July 28, 2009, they lost everything they owned, unable to get work, delayed refunds.

It has been taking a lot longer than they expected, but through all of this, they are refunding all of the people who bought tickets.

These guys are good people and you can't stop them, they will continue to get up and move forward....God Bless may the truth Prevail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My tax money 4 hr the Peoples Media 10
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 22 hr the Peoples Media 963
what ever happened to fired teacher john anselmo? (Nov '14) Wed concerned 16
Review: Vista Clinical Diagnostics (Aug '11) Wed Laurie Balinski 8
LAKE TAX COLLECTOR BOB McKEE HAS AT LEAST 4 DAT... Feb 20 The Peoples Media 3
News 'How is the housing market?' Feb 17 richie 1
Lcso same ol double standard Feb 11 The Peoples Media 20

Howey in the Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance