Former Mascotte police chief dies in apparent suicide

The former chief of the Mascotte Police Department died this morning in an apparent suicide. Full Story
D Judd

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2009
Those of us who are deeply indebted to Gene for helping us in the past wish we could have helped him out before this happened. I'll remember him for the strengths he had when it counted and not for this. Anybody that thinks differently may want to look in the mirror before posting a juvenile rant. I hope the people that he meant something to pull through this. I will miss my friend.
Taking Notes

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2009
D Judd wrote:
Those of us who are deeply indebted to Gene for helping us in the past wish we could have helped him out before this happened. I'll remember him for the strengths he had when it counted and not for this. Anybody that thinks differently may want to look in the mirror before posting a juvenile rant. I hope the people that he meant something to pull through this. I will miss my friend.
Question, was he working for Mascotte in 1987?
D Judd

United States

#3 Feb 18, 2009
He was there (Mascotte) in the 90s and early 2000s.
Becky

Roslindale, MA

#4 Feb 19, 2009
It's so sad that a man who spent his career helping others couldn't reach out for help himself. I feel badly for his wife. May you be at peace.
Stephanie Santamaria

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Feb 19, 2009
Uncle I love you and pray that you are now in a better place!

Love
Stephanie
jimt

Miami, FL

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Gene was a fellow officer, my Sgt, My Lt. and finally my Chief. He always sought to be fair and to serve. His loss will be felt by all who knew him. Whatever demons tormented him in the end, he kept to himself, but through all the years I have known him my most enduring memories are of his love for police work and for his family and children. I will miss him and the commuinity in which we live is a lesser one for his passing from us so soon.
maria

Winter Springs, FL

#7 Feb 19, 2009
one of the nicest man ive known . he really helped me and my sisster when we had family problems hope he is in a better place .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's get a new Sheriff 1 hr Jipped 94
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table 1 hr Daytona 5
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 9 hr News Reporter 2,474
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Sep 13 Daytona 559
Carlton Palms educational center, still allowin... Sep 12 t-truth 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sep 8 Liberal forever 2,972
Jail (Jul '13) Sep 7 Jipped 73
•••
•••
•••

Howey in the Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Howey in the Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE