Prestige Ford Inc. - Mount Dora, thre...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No To Prestige Mt Dora

Eustis, FL

#22 Oct 1, 2013
My son went into the dealership to purchase a new ford. He told the salesman and finance rep the he was eligible for the Z-plan, as his Grandfather worked for retired from Ford. His Grandfather called Ford to get the authorization and had made the mistake of telling Ford he was his nephew, which gets you the X-plan discount. When my son took this to the dealer they told him that well maybe Ford must have changed their policy and that is what you are authorized. The finance rep did not attempt to call Ford or verify that this information was correct. They wrote up the contact under the X-plan and away we go.
When then found out a few weeks later from a friend that was looking for a Ford at the same dealership, and the finance rep called Ford to verify which plan they were eligible for (Z-plan: grand daughter of Ford retiree). So we called Ford again with his Grandfather and verified that he was indeed allowed to use the Z-plan, the Ford representative said she beleived the Ford Dealer should make accept the new Z-plan number and make it right.
After going back to the dealership, the Finance rep said it would cost my son $500 to cancel the contract and issue a new one. When I contacted the General Manager, he told me it was $300 to do the same thing. I asked them to correct this as they had as much knowledge and responsibilty to fix this as we did, the GM said he could not do that. I even offered to pay half the cost $150 of the $300, and the Gm still said no way.
This dealership is only out for the money and could care less about it new customers, even those that qualify for Z-Plan discounts.
Buyer beware, purchase at your own risk from this dealership.
Heartbroken

Apopka, FL

#23 Dec 12, 2013
I went car shopping on the internet & found a 2013 Ford Fusion in my price range. The following day I went to Prestige Ford to test drive the car. I loved it! Everybody in the dealership was very nice, greeted me when I walked in, & made me feel like I would be purchasing a new car. WRONG! After four separate visits, I was finally told that they wouldn't honor the online price & I had to come up with a $4000 downpayment! Needless to say, I left the dealership in the car I came in! The search continues...
try

United States

#24 Dec 13, 2013
seminole ford or ford of ocala

this place has never been worth a toot.

use to be in eustis and called CESAR PRADO'S FORD.

every thursday morning at the sales meeting Prado passed out the COKE each salesman was to sell that week.

somebody finally took them down but it took long enough.

about the same as everything else lake county is today.

nothing has changed just the criminals thats doing it
A former employee

Valdosta, GA

#25 Jan 24, 2015
The problems with Prestige Ford starts with the owner. He is a disgrace to Ford Motor Company and should be run out of town on a rail like they did in the olden days! He is full of himself and talks to his employees like they are dirt under his feet! He has a revolving door of managers and a lot of good managers have worked there and left because of the owner. The owner, Irving Matthews, was shot at his home, in his own garage, by someone unknown. Too bad they didn't finish him off!! The Orlando area people would be much better off without him! All his employee hate him but they stay there because they need a job.He is a disgrace to the Ford nameplate and should have his franchise taken away from him!!!
say it aunt so

United States

#26 Jan 24, 2015
A former employee wrote:
The problems with Prestige Ford starts with the owner. He is a disgrace to Ford Motor Company and should be run out of town on a rail like they did in the olden days! He is full of himself and talks to his employees like they are dirt under his feet! He has a revolving door of managers and a lot of good managers have worked there and left because of the owner. The owner, Irving Matthews, was shot at his home, in his own garage, by someone unknown. Too bad they didn't finish him off!! The Orlando area people would be much better off without him! All his employee hate him but they stay there because they need a job.He is a disgrace to the Ford nameplate and should have his franchise taken away from him!!!
sounds like this ownership- management style is trending..........

this dude operates his ford dealership like his brother obama operates the United State of America and the formerly free world! lol
galy smith

Europe

#27 Jan 26, 2015
best shopping place ever
www.clinixworld.net
Sore

Leesburg, FL

#28 Mar 9, 2015
They haven't cleaned up their act. They have still not refunded our registration fees. One was $6 and one was $3. We bought new new cars three days apart because they seemed yo have changed but they haven't. Despite several calls to managers at all levels and promises of calls being returned I have not rece a single call. They us $290 back plus told her she would get an extra $100 for my deal. Oh yes, I was quoted one price over the phone and the payment was something different. The sales manager denied saying a price to me over the phone. Well guess what they took it upon themselves yo add GAP and an extended maintenance program with out me. When I had them removed it came out to be what I was originally told. Be careful dealing with these guys!
Shane

Tampa, FL

#29 May 27, 2015
umm it did happen that day and the lady That manages amost lost her job js. For shady work As well. When the vehicle should have been total. obviously this is a worker writing to cover their asses.. kind of pathetic if you ask me. Hope one your cars don't get mess up. Or plan on walking. Moron..

Since: Jun 15

Location hidden

#30 Jun 27, 2015
I have to wonder how many of these people really bought cars with Prestige. I bought a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder August 2014 and these folks have been good as gold. I admit I had my own reservations since some time around 2004 or so I had taken a 92 Ford Pony to the location and the pricing and wait time seemed extreme for the repair my vehicle required, but the job (fixing an electrical issue in the column) was done correctly and no follow up visit was required. Occasionally, when I've made special requests and brought the car in later in the afternoon, the time it took to service the car was a little longer than usual. However the customer service managers have ALWAYS fulfilled their obligation to make me aware of the delays and what's going on with my vehicle.

I have to wonder how many of these people are angry with a dealership over problems that they created in their vehicle with a lack of maintenance, and understanding of their equipment. Vehicle upkeep cost is considerably more than what you pay for insurance and petrol.
Lll

United States

#31 Aug 2, 2015
Prestige Pro Landscaping apart of this company does anyone know.
Shabby Dabby Doo poor work also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Patrols increased in Leesburg after multiple da... (Nov '16) 18 hr yodar 3
where did chiropractor move to? Sep 21 MrBridges 1
cheap \ decent places to rent Sep 20 little stalker 1
April Conde Tom Conde BB Elizabeth scotty Houl... Sep 17 dee 1
Power Sep 11 Nancy 1
News Illegal Alien Pedophile on the Run from Mexican... (Nov '13) Sep 10 Limpballs 29
Where do you find the best dick in town Sep 4 SusieQ 6

Howey in the Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howey in the Hills Mortgages