Prestige Ford Inc. - Mount Dora, threating customers

Posted in the Howey in the Hills Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
EX Ford owner

AOL

#1 Sep 22, 2009
I was shopping fora new Mustang convertible for my wife, when I over heard people talking about very shoddy body repair to their car. I listened because I wondered about their after market service. The family turned to walk to their Pick up, three Thugs ran out of the body shop and threaten to beat up the lady and slap her daughter and told them they would come to There residence at night to get them. This was a terrorist threat. The PD did nothing but told teh family it would be dangerous for them to go back to Prestige Ford.

This place is out of control. Is this what you get for insurance and after market service at FORD. Nerve again will shop for any thing of value around here.
Dont trust Prestige Ford

Greenville, SC

#2 Aug 10, 2010
Don't buy a car here! New or Used! Just don't do it. They use deceptive tactics and don't care whether or not they sell you a lemon. They just want your money and then want you to leave.
Check out this blogspot for all the details. If you have any comments about your experience with Prestige Ford....you should leave a comment here.
http://shouldyoutrustprestigeford.blogspot.co...
Leave it to Beaver

Eustis, FL

#3 Aug 10, 2010
Leave it to Mount Dora Police Department to do nothing.Time to shut that PD down.Where is Sheriff Borders? It is time for him to take control.NOW.
Do not go to Prestige Ford they do have a bad reputation in Lake County for doing exactly what the Mount Dora Police do. That is do "NOTHING"
Prestige Ford is known to pull insurance scams.
more truth

Lady Lake, FL

#4 Aug 10, 2010
Just because they have a Mt Dora address does not mean they are in the MDPD jurisdiction. just like every other address on that side of the road, The Eustis Police Department is responsible for Prestige Ford. Refer your friends to them and i'm sure they would be more than happy to address the issue. If you don't know what you are talking about it's best to stay mum. The MDPD has no problem taking a report on any crime but EPD would not appreciate them providing service to their residents/businesses.
Stand up and speak up

AOL

#5 Aug 12, 2010
more truth wrote:
Just because they have a Mt Dora address does not mean they are in the MDPD jurisdiction. just like every other address on that side of the road, The Eustis Police Department is responsible for Prestige Ford. Refer your friends to them and i'm sure they would be more than happy to address the issue. If you don't know what you are talking about it's best to stay mum. The MDPD has no problem taking a report on any crime but EPD would not appreciate them providing service to their residents/businesses.
YOU SAY "it's best to stay mum." That is just what MOST people want around here. Well you and others can forget it some of us will blow the whistle every time we are screwed with. We do not cower down to two bit politicians and sorry business owners. Stand up and speak up to the Good old boys and run their ass out of town.
KKKK

Eustis, FL

#6 Aug 12, 2010
Last Blogger "Stand up and speak up" Is correct.
MOST HONEST people in Lake County want the truth to be told.Why? Should we cower to politicians?
MOST OF ALL why? should we allow the "Corruption" to continue.Even though we are not or do not have the authority to stop the "Corruption" we should NOT stay "MUM" as all dishonest politicians and police officers would like us to do.
We need to stand up and speak and you are indeed correct.Run the "Good Ol' Boys" out of Lake County.
Even though standing up and speaking the truth. May not do any good it certainly will not help them.
Carand

Summerfield, FL

#8 Aug 13, 2010
So far, the best dealership for any vehicles, not just Fords, has been Prestige in Mount Dora. I've been to other dealerships, and got treated like a second class citizen. At Prestige, everyone who sees you says hello. Even the general sales manager goes out of his way to offer a soda or bottle of water to you while waiting.
Over the last several months, I have personally talked to several customers there while I was waiting for my car to be serviced, and all had nothing but good to say about their sales experience or service. I give kudos to the owner for keeping such a high class of salespeople, who actually know about the product they are selling, and the managers, who try to get you the numbers you are looking for. I even got a better interest rate on my loan than I was expecting.
My salesperson always remembers my name when I stop in, and calls to check up on me often.
Anyone who has bought a car elsewhere should try this place and see the difference. Top notch!
A bottle of Water

AOL

#9 Aug 15, 2010
Carand wrote:
So far, the best dealership for any vehicles, not just Fords, has been Prestige in Mount Dora. I've been to other dealerships, and got treated like a second class citizen. At Prestige, everyone who sees you says hello. Even the general sales manager goes out of his way to offer a soda or bottle of water to you while waiting.
Over the last several months, I have personally talked to several customers there while I was waiting for my car to be serviced, and all had nothing but good to say about their sales experience or service. I give kudos to the owner for keeping such a high class of salespeople, who actually know about the product they are selling, and the managers, who try to get you the numbers you are looking for. I even got a better interest rate on my loan than I was expecting.
My salesperson always remembers my name when I stop in, and calls to check up on me often.
Anyone who has bought a car elsewhere should try this place and see the difference. Top notch!
A bottle of Water is a big improvement over being threatened at the dealer and at home. I wonder how after market service will go for you and the other happy people. Ford corp. never replied to the negative comments sent last year. Let us know!!!!!!!!!! and good luck.
RES Mount Dora

Mount Dora, FL

#10 Oct 18, 2010
I have dealt with Prestige Ford in Mount Dora Florida for over 9 years and have had nothing
but great treatment from the sales team. I have also had excellent work done both by the Body Shop and Service department. Friends that I have recommended have also received the same outstanding service and treatment from the staff.
Todd

United States

#11 Nov 11, 2010
I am getting the run around on while trying to get warranty work done on my 06 f250
GaRPMorE in Mount Dora

Lady Lake, FL

#12 Nov 14, 2010
I have had two dealings with Prestige Ford. Both were positive. This is hardly the norm, these days, sadly.
Hans

United States

#13 Nov 22, 2011
I have had a number of parts installed and requested special fluids in my shelby and have had insurance and body work done there. Not a complaint from me and I am promised the same tech to work on my car each time, not different people. He even came Out And introduced himself to me And tell me about his work he has done on The Car. I dont know why others have had such bad experiences there and thugs jumping them!?! That sounds like a made up story!
Fred

Miami, FL

#14 Nov 27, 2011
EX Ford owner wrote:
I was shopping fora new Mustang convertible for my wife, when I over heard people talking about very shoddy body repair to their car. I listened because I wondered about their after market service. The family turned to walk to their Pick up, three Thugs ran out of the body shop and threaten to beat up the lady and slap her daughter and told them they would come to There residence at night to get them. This was a terrorist threat. The PD did nothing but told teh family it would be dangerous for them to go back to Prestige Ford.
This place is out of control. Is this what you get for insurance and after market service at FORD. Nerve again will shop for any thing of value around here.
. You no idea what your talking about i was there that day and it didnt go down like that get your facts straight you easedropper!
Anonymous

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Dec 2, 2011
HILLBILLAGE !!!!!!!
EX Ford owner

Eustis, FL

#16 Dec 16, 2011
Fred: you are uniformed or You would know by now, the Prestige Ford in Mount Dora Florida cleaned up their staff long ago. They are doing fine as a results of just a few people having the fortitude to speak up instead of setting on their hands and crying in denial. That is good for business and good for our community.
MehMeh

Mount Dora, FL

#17 Dec 21, 2011
I know this is an old thread, but I just read the first topic and .... IT WAS FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!

"three Thugs ran out of the body shop and threaten to beat up the lady and slap her daughter and told them they would come to There residence at night to get them."

I am scurred I will not drive by Prestige Ford ever again! ;P
Tom

Royal Oak, MI

#18 Oct 6, 2012
New to the Mount Dora area and had my first experience with Prestige Ford's service department for some warranty work.

No problems. Fast and friendly service. Part had to be ordered, but it came in quickly and the dealership did a great job fixing the issue.

Plan to buy my new vehicle there within the next couple weeks.
Good old days

Eustis, FL

#19 Oct 19, 2012
Remember years back when they were "Cesar Pronto Golden Triangle Ford," with the slogan, "Where No Other Dealer Would Dare?" We found out what that meant when the place got raided for being a cocaine operation.
Rookie Deisel Mechanic

Eustis, FL

#20 Oct 23, 2012
A rookie deisel mechanic has cost me $2000. he did not know what he was doing. Replaced parts that were not bad and said my PCM (brain) was no good and had to be replaced. I had,had enough and went to Ford Doctor of Tavares None of the parts were bad and the brain was fine!!!! Just needed a fuel tank hose and cone and that was it! Rip off artist and the mechanic needs to be fired! Cost me extra money to tow it from Prestige. I would burn my truck to the ground before I let them lay one greasy finger on it!
john d

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Jul 31, 2013
They go thru managers like most people go thru underwear. They need to get some ethical managers in there an clean up their act. Someone that has been in the business for several years, ot punk kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Central Florida needs to break the obesity cycle (Jul '13) Wed Chris 140
News Lake Minneola High rezoning plan wins tentative... Mar 24 Meishu 1
Corruption pays in LCSO Mar 23 pancake 19
Life in Leesburg!? Mar 23 GOP Free America 3
Jail (Jul '13) Mar 21 pancake 87
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Mar 14 Yep2015 663
Treasure Hunt for Stolen Goods Mar 13 Treasure hunter 1
More from around the web

Howey in the Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE