We asked you: Has the Casey Anthony c...

We asked you: Has the Casey Anthony case inspired the worst in ...

There are 24 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 25, 2009, titled We asked you: Has the Casey Anthony case inspired the worst in .... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

We asked you: Has the Casey Anthony case inspired the worst in the media and community? YES: 82% NO: 18% Worst in the Anthonys The Anthony case has inspired the worst in the Anthony family as well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“STAY POSITIVE”

Since: Feb 09

Florida Keys

#1 Jun 25, 2009
Too bad the OS could'nt list ALL of us.......
grace

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2009
no I dont think so this family is suffering so much also, they are human beings with a very trouble daughter and a big loss we must know also the worst in families to learn to take care of our children
June

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jun 26, 2009
I agree with the summation of the question, but it is only human nature to be curious. The Anthony's put much of this on themselves, and we shouild not be blaming the media for the Anthony's string of lies, revelations, turn-abouts, and innuendos that obviously need investigation if anyone is going to get to the truth. I would not trust the father, mother, brother, and certainly not Casey.

My biggest doubt has been the competence of Jose Baez. Casey should have taken a plea of insanity from the beginning. Her brother, father and mother should have been able to see the depth of the trouble Casey got herself into....but they apparently share the same lack of being in touch with reality.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and when they involve the death of an innocent child, it is NOT the Public, nor the Press that should be judged.

Without any doubt what-so-ever, we all have the gifted right to our own feelings. This case has hurt to the bone. We want answers. The Anthony's hold the key to a locked box, and "they" have dangled it in front of "us" for too long.

We (the Press and the Public) could not have shown better respect and love for another human being. Caylee was a beautiful blossoming young girl, whose life was taken from her for the benefit of someone else's insanity.
Regina

Albertville, AL

#4 Jun 26, 2009
On thi s link you will find close to 25,000 people, whose hearts were touched deeply by the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony. She has united them in a fight to bring the missing home, to urge lawmakers to re-look the laws that fail to protect Americas' children from their own parents, who wish to harm them. Caylee has been remembered lovingly by strangers from coast to coast and in other countries. Yet her own family has turned her memories, her photos, her short little story. into their own private ATM machine. While they collect from various media outlets-the state of FL continues to spend taxpayers dollars on this case.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php...
Regina

Albertville, AL

#5 Jun 26, 2009
CTJforC

United States

#6 Jun 26, 2009
This case has captured the attention of many. The attention is on Caylee Marie and how she was robbed of her life and how her family continues to throw her memory away to support the one who ended her. Caylee is inspiring many people to work in her memory, towards other activities for children who are truely missing, murdered, abused, such that we can give those children a voice. There are many who will give Caylee a voice where her family doesn't.
kah

Conroe, TX

#7 Jun 26, 2009
The very first thing I heard was - the mother didn't report her baby missing for 31 days - that stopped me in my tracks! I have been following ever since, dedicated to finding out how a MOTHER could conceivably do such a thing.

Then her parents began their own campaign to throw every single person their daughter ever met under the bus. From all I have seen and read this is simply the most dysfunctional family ever.

Myself and a very, very large group of people have made a decision not to stand by and allow Caylee's memory be lost in the turmoil these 'grand parents' are determined to create.

Rest in Peace Caylee Marie
Bees Knees

Canada

#8 Jun 26, 2009
I can't find fault with the media. They are just doing their job and I, for one, appreciate it. Florida has such liberal laws surrounding disclosure. That is not the medias fault. In particular I love Kathi Belich (WFTV) and of course everyone knows my BF, Bill Sheaffer! I think that the media as well as LE (especially LE) has done a fantastic job so far. Keep it up you guys!!!
AOL

#9 Jun 26, 2009
The Anthony family is a disgrace! Lies, lies and more lies. They are the worst! Its not us or the press, its them!! 110%.
Poor little Caylee didnt stand a chance, she was born in to a sick disfunctional family that did not protect her from the monster, her own mother. That said, their behavior is vile and unacceptable. They continually deny the facts and cover all they can for their twisted KC. OWN IT!!! The truth will out!
Caylee has brought so many people together. She has touched the Humble hearts of soooo many. We remember her daily, fondly and will always treasure her memory!
tampagranny05

Saint Petersburg, FL

#10 Jun 26, 2009
The media was brought into this by the Anthonys. Now they don't like it? This is about Caylee, a little innocent that was murdered by her mother. Justice for Caylee, is all this is about.
mikka

Lynnwood, WA

#11 Jun 26, 2009
the anthonys and the defense is to blame for this.the media tell only the truth about this lies from this family!!
dismayed

AOL

#12 Jun 26, 2009
It is a circus but there are a lot of factors. Who made it a circus.? Anyone who would not admitt that their child was missing, that would be truely odd and be reported on. Then having g/mom do it but took 3 calls before the possible missing child statement came out. that would also be reported on. Casey caught in all the lies. reported on . Cindy going before press and there being a 250,000 reward. doing an people magazine spread. changing stories. untruths told at a bond hearing, getting a Cal bounty hunter to bond her out, protesters and then intead of ignoring them went out and provoked them- asked Equusearch to help and them didn't co-operate having 1- 2 or I don't know how many publist, having donations set up immediately. Having a lawyer quit. having PI's searching the same piece of land child was found . Free memorial that was more for the killer that the victim,This is just part of the Anthony's antics . Not even considering the lawyers and their circus. It has brought out their worse. I don't think we have done anything but comment on it. Freak show.
Derryland

AOL

#13 Jun 26, 2009
Deny, deny, deny. Lie, lie, lie. This is what has gotten the public so outraged with the A's. How nieve do they think the public are??? They think they are so clever no one can figure anything out with this case. But they have underestimated the public and will find out differently when this goes to trial. In the coming trial, they will be under oath and then let's see what happens.
MikeP

Orlando, FL

#14 Jun 26, 2009
I don't know about bringing out the worst, but coverage of it has definately become annoying. The local media outlets seem to hang on every minute happening like it is headline news.

Anyone lucky enough to not been inflicted with the daily news stories would think Cassy was a mass murderer or serial killer. At most, she is yet another mother who couldn't handle motherhood and took the "easy" way out. She doesn't even rate a movie of the week.
anaday

Anniston, AL

#15 Jun 26, 2009
This is a story of an innocent baby girl who was
subjected to only God knows what, the person she should have felt safe with and protected by chose to take her life. her grandparents are making a mockery of this baby, instead of them treating her with respect and dignity
when her little bones were found, they left her in a box, while using her memory as an atm machine. They have lied, covered up for the murderess, are hogging the spotlight in order to gain easy money,so they can sit on their fat a$$e$ and eat crab puffs at the Ritz, while LE were searching 15 houses away from their house for the little bones of Caylee. They are media hogs when it is convenient for them, if there is a hint of a monetary gain, the "Grieving Grandparents" will be there. They are dispicable, they should be locked up and the key thrown away.
Caylee was murdered twice, once by her mother, and second by her Grandparents. How dare they wear her ashes around their neck, its
a mockery to that innocent baby. I just want to know how they have got away with so much ,washing the evidence from clothes, cleaning the car, trying to get rid of the smell of Caylee, giving the wrong hair brush, trying to run the show when they were giving depositions and on and on? If that were the ordinary person LE would have slapped the cuffs on them so fast, they wouldn't have known what hit them. Come on LE, give the Anthony's their time in the spotlight, call the media, tell them to go to Hopespring Drive
and make sure they have plenty of film, then go and arrest those media hungry accomplists,
take your time taking them in, and bring your stun guns, One for Cindy's mouth and one for Wimpy George who will need a jolt or two to get him moving. The lot of them are making Justice for our Caylee a joke. Caylee won't be
forgotten, she has touched the hearts of many
people all over the world, She will be remembered when we get laws passed that will not let another child go missing 31 days before her family decides to seek help from LE. She will be remembered each time we see a butterfly,we'll watch the butterfly fly free, and think Caylee is now flying free. I love you Caylee and I pray each day that Justice will be done for you.

i
Eastcoastdeb

Halifax, Canada

#16 Jun 26, 2009
The fact that the Anthony's have the audacity to proclaim their love for Caylee while they profit of her name is one reason the public is sickened. The media have done a diservice to the public by not treating the Anthony family like the common criminals they actually are.Had they truly mourned their daughter rather than constantly soliciting the media to gain publicity for their sham of a foundation, they would not be so hated. Another reason for the loathing from the public is their double talk. You can't proclaim your love for someone from one side of your mouth while you knowingly try to free their murderer. The Anthony family cannot have it both wasy. A normal family (obviously not this one) would have sought justice to the abrupt ending to their "beloved" grandchild. This still could have been done while they supported their daughter but not done what they always have, excuse and ignore her behavior. George and Cindy have created and nurtured the monster that is Casey Anthony. The baby paid. The public will never soften their position on this family. They'll never pull off convincing anyone that a year later, they've altered their opinion on how much love, respect and dignity this baby deserved. She was thrown away like trash by Casey and again by George and Cindy.
Rosanna

Carpinteria, CA

#17 Jun 28, 2009
The moment I saw the video of little Caylee on her Greatgrandfather's lap feeling safe and feeling the love around her, she touched my heart and anything I can do to help her get justice for what was done to her, I will do. The media is just doing their job by reporting what's going on and it's Casey's fault that things got ugly, it's no one else's fault.
Hans Delbrook

Miami, FL

#18 Jun 28, 2009
KatNZKeys wrote:
Too bad the OS could'nt list ALL of us.......
The BS does
Katrina

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Jun 29, 2009
I for one am completely addicted to the Casey Anthony Case. I wish the media had more stories about it (except when the Anthony's are allowed to go on the shows and tell lies). And I am tired of the media getting blamed for any of this. The media didn't do anything wrong. The Anthony's should be blamed for this if anyone. Cindy kept going around make all kinds of false claims about LE. They only used the media when it would bennefit them. Remember when she was on Larry King Live blaming "Bloggers" for not having a life and being cruel to them. Give me a break!
Idlehands

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Jun 29, 2009
Casey Anthony shakes us because this could be the future of motherhood in this selfish society. It's happening more and more. Also, she's such a bad liar that it's fascinating to observe her, along with her family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Jun 20 The Peoples Media 1,095
News Bills seek to ban immigrant a sanctuariesa in F... Jun 17 Old Man 4
News Lake County deputies graduate from anti-drug tr... Jun 17 Old Man 1
Private eye company Jun 16 beekeepeer 5
News Site of '06 murders sold again -- OrlandoSentin... (Aug '07) Jun 12 Stopthepittyparty 37
Prostitutes (Jun '14) Jun 3 Village Kitty 21
News Villages wants to build new community in south ... Jun 3 Boogie Woogie 2

Howey in the Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howey in the Hills Mortgages