Wife finds ex-Mascotte police chief's...

Wife finds ex-Mascotte police chief's body

There are 23 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 19, 2009, titled Wife finds ex-Mascotte police chief's body. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

HILLS A former Mascotte police chief died Wednesday in an apparent suicide. The body of Gene Wadkins, 44, was found by his wife, Kelly, 34, on the ground along Number Two Road in Howey-in-the-Hills about 11:30 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
local

Sanford, FL

#1 Feb 19, 2009
How sad!
sheesh

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 19, 2009
wifey drove him to it.
well

Tallahassee, FL

#3 Feb 19, 2009
sheesh wrote:
wifey drove him to it.
WOW...wrong statement to say in a matter where the wife found him. Your sad
john

West Monroe, LA

#4 Feb 19, 2009
the sentinel is so informative. NOT!

Since: Jan 09

Deltona, FL

#5 Feb 19, 2009
sheesh wrote:
wifey drove him to it.
Doubtful, probably the bad economy drove him to it
Joe

Ocala, FL

#8 Feb 19, 2009
"Sheesh" you are an insensitive idiot.
Sad

Auburndale, FL

#9 Feb 19, 2009
don't be insensitive. R.I.P Gene. We will miss you. Our prayers go out to Kelly & the girls.
how sad

Eddyville, KY

#10 Feb 19, 2009
God please bless - the family during this extremely difficult and trying time. Please protect this family from the insensitive people with no ability to be humane or compassionate while posting on this internet.
ODMP

Orlando, FL

#11 Feb 19, 2009
A sworn or retire Police Office commits suicide every 22 hours in the United States. Thanks, no doubt, to the relentless media scrutinizing their every move.
cgw

Orlando, FL

#12 Feb 19, 2009
john wrote:
the sentinel is so informative. NOT!
You said it. I mean, the body was discovered more than an hour ago! The LEAST the Sentinel's news team could have done is to drive the 30+ miles and intensively interview everyone involved, not to mention to do some on-scene investigation, too, and get it all written up for the website. What was the chief wearing? What did his wife have for breakfast? WE NEED TO KNOW!
goodnews

Dallas, TX

#13 Feb 19, 2009
cgw wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it. I mean, the body was discovered more than an hour ago! The LEAST the Sentinel's news team could have done is to drive the 30+ miles and intensively interview everyone involved, not to mention to do some on-scene investigation, too, and get it all written up for the website. What was the chief wearing? What did his wife have for breakfast? WE NEED TO KNOW!
HOW GOOFY the article could have at least listed how long he had been sheriff ,how long he had been out of office and left out the important info like he was 44 and his wife was 34 at least they listed what time he was found of course the cause of death is a little unusual for that type of location. The article didn't even list if he was actually retired. If he was he was very young. Oh and he was survived by??????????
sheesh

Columbus, OH

#15 Feb 20, 2009
ODMP wrote:
A sworn or retire Police Office commits suicide every 22 hours in the United States. Thanks, no doubt, to the relentless media scrutinizing their every move.
That's exactly the way it should be. After all, the police scrutinize our every move. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. No sympathy on this post. We had a pizza party celebrating another Gestappo death at his own hand.
Mimi

Casselberry, FL

#16 Feb 23, 2009
sheesh wrote:
wifey drove him to it.
Let me start by telling you as the sister of "wifey" you truly have NO clue in what has occurred here. She is definately not to at fault for what happened in this situation. Being as that you did not know either of them, you would not know this. Trust me when I say that the worst thing in the world to have to do is find your husband the way my sister did, it is an image that she WILL NEVER forget for as long as she lives!!!! GOD BLESS you Gene and RIP.
Pissed off at the idiots

United States

#18 Feb 23, 2009
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
parody: wifey drove him to it.
Police officers have a lot of power and I for one have NO sympathy on some pig that pushes others around for no good reason just because he has a badge and a gun. His family also fed at the public trough for as long as he was collecting a taxpayer funded paycheck. The also benefitted from his piggishness. I think they all should commit suicide.
Look here you piece of trash--you're probally one of the losers that one of us has had to arrest. I won't further entertain your ignorance...those who knew him and loved him, respected him. If you were pushed around, then more than likely you deserved what you got!! YSSOAB!
Wifeys LEO sister

United States

#19 Feb 23, 2009
sheesh wrote:
wifey drove him to it.
You are a freakin piece of trash and ignorant! They had a very loving, dedicated, trusting, honorable marriage. You could not imagine the horror or stress and heartache of finding the one you love taking their last breath. If more couples could be like them, there'd be less heartaches in the world. Have a little sympathy for those who loved and respected him or else, just keep your mouth shut!
sheesh

Columbus, OH

#20 Feb 23, 2009
Pissed off at the idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Look here you piece of trash--you're probally one of the losers that one of us has had to arrest. I won't further entertain your ignorance...those who knew him and loved him, respected him. If you were pushed around, then more than likely you deserved what you got!! YSSOAB!
I was arrested, yes. And after having proved my innocence with a video proving that the cop knowingly & deliberately lied, I was acquitted, he was fired. I sued & won big. I make no apology for it. That pig swore under oath a lie and got caught in it. That pig served time for perjury. I'm happy to say that no cop messes around with me. I never looked for trouble, but when they came to me looking for trouble, they got it.
sheesh

Columbus, OH

#21 Feb 23, 2009
Wifeys LEO sister wrote:
<quoted text>Have a little sympathy for those who loved and respected him or else, just keep your mouth shut!
Not a chance! We have loved ones, too. But that doesn't count, does it?

“Semper Fi...”

Since: Dec 07

Glenwood, FL -the last of many

#22 Feb 23, 2009
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I was arrested, yes. And after having proved my innocence with a video proving that the cop knowingly & deliberately lied, I was acquitted, he was fired. I sued & won big. I make no apology for it. That pig swore under oath a lie and got caught in it. That pig served time for perjury. I'm happy to say that no cop messes around with me. I never looked for trouble, but when they came to me looking for trouble, they got it.
...What you got is rats running around that rotting attic-space betrween your ears. A pipsqueak trying to fake it as a Real Man. Phony...
Wifeys LEO sister

United States

#23 Feb 23, 2009
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance! We have loved ones, too. But that doesn't count, does it?
It does count. But just because you had a bad run in with cops, it doesn't make us all bad. Have a little respect for our family and knock off the negative comments.
sheesh

Columbus, OH

#24 Feb 23, 2009
Wifeys LEO sister wrote:
<quoted text> Have a little respect for our family and knock off the negative comments.
Once again, not a chance. No respect for me means no respect from me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 2 hr Yep2016 861
Dateline NBC focuses on Parental Alienation and... (May '11) Sat shabradennys012 13
who is lauren ritchie? (Sep '15) Sat Jerry 22
Ok its time to take a stand!!!!!! Jul 17 Beekeeper 1
Tyler Swift Jul 13 Whocares 1
John Beaver is a Drunk Legend Jul 11 Sharin Peter 1
Need info on Clinton Harold Woeste (Jul '10) Jul 1 info 12

Howey in the Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howey in the Hills Mortgages