Pit bull attacks Lake County woman in shower

A Lake County woman showering at her grandson's home was attacked by an 18-month-old pit bull and had to be rushed to Orlando Regional Medical Center, according to a Sheriff's Office report. Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
jayman

Deland, FL

#1 Jun 10, 2009
When will people learn these Dogs or Dangerous no matter how much of a pet you beleive they are.

Kill them all
mike

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Jun 10, 2009
I understand that the dog is big and can do a lot of damage, but the lady was in it's house. Why isn't the owner punished rather than the dog? Why don't you all write any stories about the 13 labrador bites either? They are big and do a lot of damage! You people are always focusing on these animals when I have seen that other breeds are just as dangerous if not more so. Why does a little dog get off the hook just because it's small? It's just as vicious even though it doesn't do as much damage!
Hugh Jainus

Pinellas Park, FL

#5 Jun 10, 2009
Here we go, another story of how horrible Pit Bulls are.
Jenni13

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 10, 2009
You need to look at irresponsible owners and not breeds of dogs. You cannot condemn an entire breed based on the actions of one dog that was most likely a victim of poor socialization and training from its irresponsible owner. Also, it is a MYTH that pit bulls have locking jaws and more bite pressure than other breeds. Their jaws are the same as any other breed of dog. Dr. Brisbin at the University of Georgia conducted research and proved that there were no mechanical or morphological differences between the jaws of an APBT and those of any other comparable breeds of dogs that were studied. In addition, they found that the APBT did not have any unique mechanism that would allow them to lock their jaws. It is also a MYTH that pit bulls have more bite force in pounds per square inch than any other animal. Dr. Brady Barr (covered in a special on National Geographic) measured the bite forces of many different animals. Here is what he found: 1) Domestic dogs = 320 lbs of pressure on average. Out of the three dogs who were tested – German Shepherd, Rottweiler and APBT…. The APBT had the LEAST amount of pressure. Yes, that is correct… the LEAST amount of pressure. In fact, the APBT had only 127 lbs of pressure… which was only 7 lbs more than the HUMAN that was tested.
huh

Miami, FL

#8 Jun 10, 2009
mike wrote:
I understand that the dog is big and can do a lot of damage, but the lady was in it's house. Why isn't the owner punished rather than the dog? Why don't you all write any stories about the 13 labrador bites either? They are big and do a lot of damage! You people are always focusing on these animals when I have seen that other breeds are just as dangerous if not more so. Why does a little dog get off the hook just because it's small? It's just as vicious even though it doesn't do as much damage!
Are you kidding me? When is the last time someone was killed by a poodle? Here we go again...all the pit bull owners are going to try and once AGAIN
defend the breed. How sad the breed is being ruined by idiot humans.
Psycho

Winter Garden, FL

#9 Jun 10, 2009
Damn it. That's the last time we'll let that pitbull watch an Alfred Hitchcock movie.
Stew Pidasol

Pinellas Park, FL

#11 Jun 10, 2009
Fight to keep your dog. My Maltese and Weimaraner would have bit someone they didn't know in my house too. This is not the dogs fault once again. Why doesn't the Sentinel ever write about all of the other dogs that bite people? If you look at the numbers, pit bulls wouldn't be anywhere near the top in amounts of human bites.
blackiebehr

Orlando, FL

#12 Jun 10, 2009
Here we go again! Another pit bull attack. How many more before the legislature wises up and bans these dogs and fines anyone in possession of one. Soon or later the dog will turn to kill. I know for a fact they turn on their owners- SOONER OR LATER!
Louis

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Jun 10, 2009
It is so Unfair to euthanize a pet - What did Bai;ey do ? Why euthanize him ? Pits have gotten a bad rap
Bad dog

Merritt Island, FL

#14 Jun 10, 2009
Pit bulls need to be outlawed like in other parts. I'm an owner of a lab and I can tell you while they may bite you don't hear about children being killed by labs. Just media bias I'm sure all you pit bull lovers will say.

“American Against Fascism”

Since: Apr 08

Central Florida

#16 Jun 10, 2009
blah blah blah... nobody really wants to do anything about it.
Pumpkin

Leesburg, FL

#17 Jun 10, 2009
There are many more labradors than pit bulls. Also. Labs will bite and eat anything. Most of the time they nip people while trying to play with them.
Mike

Pinellas Park, FL

#18 Jun 10, 2009
King Whiteee wrote:
Stupid white trash, you want everyone to think you are some big badaz$$ because of your stupid dog.
Dumb GED losers!
Funny because I have my Masters, my own company and I am white. I have 3 Pit Bulls. I found all three when they were puppies abandoned when I broke ground on my new house. Funny thing is that they are the most loving dogs I have ever been around and they love all of my friends (of all creeds and colors) and my family. I guess I must think I am a big badass because of my dogs. You also just informed me that I am white trash because I gave three helpless dogs a great home.
Incognito Johnson

Winter Garden, FL

#19 Jun 10, 2009
blackiebehr wrote:
I know for a fact they turn on their owners- SOONER OR LATER!
What other "facts" can you give us?
OneVoice3

Orlando, FL

#20 Jun 10, 2009
If you read the article it does show that Pit Bull and the mixes to gether are at the top of the list, but you cannot make those statements without pointing out that other pets bite, check out the Chihuahua it bit nearly as many times as the Pits. Honestly the little chihuahua's scare me more than a larger dog. (Bit by one years ago).
Peggy

South San Francisco, CA

#21 Jun 10, 2009
Hugh Jainus wrote:
Here we go, another story of how horrible Pit Bulls are.
Yeah you are right how dare the woman take a shower what was she expecting.
Peggy

South San Francisco, CA

#22 Jun 10, 2009
Incognito Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
What other "facts" can you give us?
Look at the news!
carlos

United States

#23 Jun 10, 2009
mike wrote:
mike thire might be reports of lab bites but not attacks a big diffance
blood on the dogs mouth wow
Peggy

South San Francisco, CA

#24 Jun 10, 2009
Chester DeGrasse wrote:
blah blah blah... nobody really wants to do anything about it.
Yes you are right, a true blue blooded right person.
too bad for dogs

Newark, DE

#25 Jun 10, 2009
It is so sad that it is always the animal that needs to be put down. Animals are taught to be nasty, not brought into the world that way. I don't understand why they are going to put down the other dog? When will people actually take responsibility for having animals. It is such a sin that animals are always to blame and the owner isn't held accountable. Yes, I feel bad for the lady, but they grandson or owner should be held accountable. Bless the poor dogs.
It is sad we can put an animal down so quickly and we keep people alive on death row. We should act so quickly in getting rid of scum from the face of the earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 44 min Liberal forever 2,493
Lake County Sheriff 2016 8 hr knight in shining... 6
Carlton Palms Abuse Article Is Very Good (Nov '12) Sep 17 ex employee too 9
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Sep 16 yep2014 560
Let's get a new Sheriff Sep 15 Jipped 94
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table Sep 15 Daytona 5
Carlton Palms educational center, still allowin... Sep 12 t-truth 1
•••
•••
•••

Howey in the Hills Jobs

•••
•••