Builders offer refunds in a raffle fo...

Builders offer refunds in a raffle for their Howey-in-the-Hills...

There are 7 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Builders offer refunds in a raffle for their Howey-in-the-Hills.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A father-and-son team of builders who planned to raffle off a "dream home" are now offering refunds to those who purchased tickets to a drawing that never materialized.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Juan

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Everyone in this country is always trying to get something for nothing.... A million dollar house for a hundred bucks. I stopped in one day an told these clowns it would never work, but they didn't listen. I think their original intention was to keep the money. I told them the yanks around here are stupid, but not that stupid.
Ken Brooks

Oberlin, OH

#2 Mar 20, 2009
House Raffles for "not-for-profit" organizations can serve a useful purpose with many needy organizations during these difficult times. However, organizations like the "Sons of Toil" conducted a raffle that raised many questionable concerns from the very beginning. I'm glad the refunds are being made available.
John Day

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Apr 4, 2009
I am in contact with many participants of this raffle and NO ONE has received a refund at this time (April 4, 2009). Suggest all participants contact Florida State Attorney as well as the Orlando Sentinel in order to facilitate the organization either paying the refunds or criminal charges to be filed.
zyzx

Gainesville, VA

#4 May 25, 2009
Memorial Day, 2009 (25 May)...still waiting for my refund.
John Day wrote:
I am in contact with many participants of this raffle and NO ONE has received a refund at this time (April 4, 2009). Suggest all participants contact Florida State Attorney as well as the Orlando Sentinel in order to facilitate the organization either paying the refunds or criminal charges to be filed.
Melissa

Lithonia, GA

#5 Jun 12, 2009
I filled out the form on line for my refund and still have not received it. That was back in March. I e mailed them yesterday and nothing. I am not counting on getting my $500.00 back.
shannon

Keene, NH

#6 Aug 7, 2009
i still have not got a refund either, losers!
Steve

Palo Alto, CA

#7 Aug 25, 2009
I filled out their refund form back in March also and still no check in the mail and it's already end of Sept. I did get an investor to email me if i wanted to press any criminal charges and get my refund back. My email is [email protected] if you want that investigators name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 5 hr Bush World 803
my old buddy ONE EYED BERT from Leesburg Bowl! Apr 30 ONEEYEDBERT 1
Lake County Corruption Apr 29 bush world 6
News Snowbirds causing traffic congestion Apr 20 Village Monkey 15
Vote for Ted Cruz Apr 20 Billy boy boy boy 13
News Audit 'stunningly critical' of MPO Apr 19 L C is Bush world 2
News Lake deputy Kim Holtzclaw wins more than $30k o... (Apr '09) Feb '14 confidential 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howey in the Hills Mortgages