Florida builder plans house raffle

Florida builder plans house raffle

There are 3 comments on the Daily India story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Florida builder plans house raffle. In it, Daily India reports that:

“Hundreds of people came through here”

A Florida man who had trouble selling the 4,570-square-foot house he built with his sons is trying to find an owner with a different approach -- a raffle. via Daily India

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily India.

Sarah

Tampa, FL

#1 May 14, 2008
WOW! I had the same idea of raffeling my own house. Sell 2,500 tickets and let it go for the price of the ticket...$100.00. What a deal...A house for $100.00
Dream House Charity

Largo, FL

#2 May 19, 2008
2008 Dream Home Giveaway!
Florida West Coast
BRADENTON, Florida – Dream House Charity is giving away a new home located in Wisteria Park, Northwest Bradenton, to benefit Manatee Children’s Services. Manatee Children’s Services offers life saving programs providing resources, skills, and shelter to alleviate abuse through prevention and intervention for all children and their families. Due to tax reforms and declining property values, there are fewer dollars to help abused and at-risk children in the community. The struggling economy has affected everyone in some way, leaving no one untouched. Dream House Charity’s goal is,“to make a difference one home at a time.” For more information, or to buy tickets, go to www.DreamHouseCharityFL.com
Please help this cause by getting the word out. Thank you so much! Mary Burns
Josef Meier

Brandon, FL

#3 Sep 15, 2009
www.DreamHouseCharityFL.com is NOT a charity. It is NOT recognized by IRS as 503 and only part of the proceeds will go to the charity.

The home is currently owned by the member-manager of the for-profit LLC handling the raffle. They will get between $500,000 and $700,000 into a LLC before any prizes are distributed.

Very questionable IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howey in the Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Jun 22 Marty 841
Jail (Jul '13) Jun 18 JEREMY 104
Sheriff Candidates Jun 18 JEREMY 18
mt dora police department (Jul '10) Jun 15 curious 70
Yp online advertising maitland fl. Jun 14 beekeepeer 1
Sandy Hook Hoax Update Jun 2 jose can u c 1
News Lake deputy Kim Holtzclaw wins more than $30k o... (Apr '09) Feb '14 confidential 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howey in the Hills Mortgages