Driver peppered after bus stop incident

There are 20 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Feb 26, 2009, titled Driver peppered after bus stop incident. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Witnesses told police a couple was arguing as she walked down the street and he was following in his truck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jen

Saint Charles, IL

#1 Feb 26, 2009
What a loser! Thank goodness he didn't kill an innocent family. This is his third offense? I sure wish the cops could have shot him instead of pepper sprayed him! He's better off dead.
Deep Thinker

Troy, MI

#3 Feb 26, 2009
This guy looks like an outstanding citizen..NOT!!!

I'm sure he was high off soomething.
2005 ROAD KING

Ada, MI

#4 Feb 26, 2009
Boy we could get a lot of mileage out of that headline. salt n peppered, peppered beef, was that cracked pepper. BTW in Howard City everyone drives like that why did they pull him over anyway?
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#5 Feb 26, 2009
Jen wrote:
What a loser! Thank goodness he didn't kill an innocent family. This is his third offense? I sure wish the cops could have shot him instead of pepper sprayed him! He's better off dead.
I honestly don't believe someone deserves to be shot and killed because of this crime. Now, I do believe courts need to have stiffer sentences on drunk driving offenders, but I certainly do not think he deserves to die because of it! There's only ONE person who should choose who lives in and dies, and that person isn't me nor is it you. Just my opinion!
Donna

United States

#6 Feb 26, 2009
6pm and he is drunk. Must have gotten a head start.
I do not get it

Holland, MI

#7 Feb 26, 2009
Wow Jen! "better off dead". That's a bit harsh. I can see "throw him in jail", "get him off the road", "get him some help". but dead? I'm sure he has a family somewhere that loves him.
Cannot Believe It

Novi, MI

#8 Feb 26, 2009
Proof that we defintely need harsher laws for drunk drivers. This isn't the first time this person has been driving drunk - it's his 3rd offense! Something defintely needs to change - he could have killed someone.
hooterville3

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Feb 26, 2009
He was having a WT moment.
Maddie

Plainwell, MI

#11 Feb 26, 2009
That is the definition of 'human garbage'
Cletus

Holland, MI

#12 Feb 26, 2009
This idiot couldn't even spell "law" much less abide by it. People like this should be eliminated.
Nevmar

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Feb 26, 2009
I do not get it wrote:
Wow Jen! "better off dead". That's a bit harsh. I can see "throw him in jail", "get him off the road", "get him some help". but dead? I'm sure he has a family somewhere that loves him.
Yea throw him and jail and "I just don't get it" will gladly pay for him.. I say 1st time take your license for 6 months (anyone can make a mistake).
BUT 2nd and from then on, license and car gone for good. And of course if your caught driving with out a license, again car gone even if it is not yours. Or arrested and charged with stealing a vehicle. Hit them in the pocket book and maybe at least some will shape up.
Wendy

Greenville, MI

#14 Feb 26, 2009
Cletus wrote:
This idiot couldn't even spell "law" much less abide by it. People like this should be eliminated.
No, people like this shouldn't be "eliminated". Which assuming by the way you stated it that you meant dead. People like this need help getting their lives together. There needs to be harsher laws instead of a slap on the wrist and a year in jail. This man has a family who loves him, and it upsets me greatly when people think they have the right to say they should die because of a crime they committed. There's only one person who chooses who lives and dies, and that certainly isn't you or I. Alcoholism is problem for many people, and it's even worse when the person is under a great deal of stress and depression. Help these people get help instead of just throwing them away for good!

Since: Jan 09

Ypsilanti, MI

#15 Feb 26, 2009
Them Duke boys are up to the same ole trouble. Better get Enus out on the streets.
Joe Dirt

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Feb 26, 2009
How is this a "bus stop incident", other than the moron driving by one before he wrecked his truck and got maced?
Cletus

Caledonia, MI

#17 Feb 26, 2009
Wendy wrote:
<quoted text>No, people like this shouldn't be "eliminated". Which assuming by the way you stated it that you meant dead. People like this need help getting their lives together. There needs to be harsher laws instead of a slap on the wrist and a year in jail. This man has a family who loves him, and it upsets me greatly when people think they have the right to say they should die because of a crime they committed. There's only one person who chooses who lives and dies, and that certainly isn't you or I. Alcoholism is problem for many people, and it's even worse when the person is under a great deal of stress and depression. Help these people get help instead of just throwing them away for good!
YEAH...GREAT idea! Let's throw his a-s-s in jail so he can be 'rehabilitated' just like all the other wastes of society we all are paying for.
Sarah Shafer Grant MI

United States

#18 Feb 26, 2009
I now Mr. Mark Blodgett he was my step father's (friend) and he has always had problems with alcohol, he was always out of control with his drinking so I'm am glad to know that he is now off the streets and behind bars I hope he stays there for a long time
Deep Thinker

Troy, MI

#19 Feb 27, 2009
I do not get it wrote:
Dont want the guy to die but he needs to be punished. As far as getting help-I agree also. What's shocking is we use words like "get him help" but if it was an inner city person the language would be much different. I'm glad he didnt kill anyone.
Megan

Jenison, MI

#20 Feb 27, 2009
He was a friend of my deseased fathers, he is an alcoholic & got what he has long diserved. hopefully with his jail sentence he'll straighten up & find God & hopefully get right. what goes around comes around mark!
Steve B

Gulf Shores, AL

#21 Mar 5, 2009
Yes Mark is(was)an alcoholic, Most all of the time he would have a driver when he could get out. Mark has a 17 Yr old son, like most know every thing. Mark works in GR and has a long ride, the time he gets to have with his son each day is short. Mother well shes not there. I don't know about that? He also just had his older brothers sons death to deal with.(from our war)Just after that his youngest bother passed. And for his father well how long has he been gone 40-45 Yrs.?Pick-up trucks-alcohol-girls
Megan

Jenison, MI

#22 Mar 9, 2009
Steve B wrote:
Yes Mark is(was)an alcoholic, Most all of the time he would have a driver when he could get out. Mark has a 17 Yr old son, like most know every thing. Mark works in GR and has a long ride, the time he gets to have with his son each day is short. Mother well shes not there. I don't know about that? He also just had his older brothers sons death to deal with.(from our war)Just after that his youngest bother passed. And for his father well how long has he been gone 40-45 Yrs.?Pick-up trucks-alcohol-girls
marks son's mother unfortunatly passed away years back. there is no excuse for mark to be an alcoholic. he always has had problems with it waaaay before any of these unfortunate events. like i said before, hopefully he can get right & learn how to deal with issues in a better way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Caught on tape: man beats dogs (Mar '08) Feb '15 Charles Woodard jr 155
News Missing man found dead in Northern Michigan pond Jan '15 Cierra Hewartson 1
News Parents Voice Concerns Over School Bus Stop; Di... (May '14) May '14 Lisa Briggs 1
Brittany Powell (Dec '13) Apr '14 Chrislester 2
sexting (Apr '14) Apr '14 big man 1
News Merry Christmas! Readers share with us some of ... (Jan '13) Dec '13 Nat 2
lanet presler (Nov '11) Dec '13 anon 2
More from around the web

Howard City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]