Man dies in Newaygo Co. motorcycle crash

Man dies in Newaygo Co. motorcycle crash

There are 13 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from May 10, 2008, titled Man dies in Newaygo Co. motorcycle crash. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

A man died in a motorcycle crash around 12:30 p.m. Saturday on 104th St. west of Newcosta Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Josh

Layton, UT

#1 May 10, 2008
I'm sorry to hear this. How did it happen??? Was the motorcycle out of control. Who was at fault. RIP Ryan.
Julie

Deerfield, IL

#2 May 10, 2008
I'm sorry to hear about this tragic accident. Just a mistake on judgment of a young rider. My sympathies to the young man's family!
fastedrose

Loveland, CO

#3 May 11, 2008
these kids are priceless, motorcycles will become more prevelant. It dosn't matter who's fault it is, the motorcycle and all occupants always seem to pay an disproportionant price. Lives lost, car wrong, motorcycle riders dead, careful riding, cars are distracted.
xxxzzz

Aurora, CO

#5 May 11, 2008
Seatbelts ! DUH ..
From another Mother

Brighton, CO

#6 May 11, 2008
Scott wrote:
Didn't mention whether they were wearing their seatbelts...
Scott, What a childish and unthoughtful thing to say when a family is grieving today.. Your comments on these topic forums are getting old...
just sayin

Brighton, CO

#7 May 11, 2008
May the Kammers family know that many people are keeping them in our thoughts and prayer this mothers day.. May Ryan rest is peace.
student x

Britton, MI

#8 May 11, 2008
Matt went to my school, he was a great kid, and respected everyone. It's just sad that he had to go out this way, cause he had a promising career ahead of him. R.I.P. matt we miss ya already!
4 wheeler

United States

#9 May 11, 2008
I know of one old highway on M-20 West of Big Rapids, that was one of the many roads that was curved, however being the motorcyclist may or may not know that area is and what exactly happened It has not surprised me how many people don't calculate that a slow moving tractor is larger object.
Driving Safe is first and formost.
Wet and Gravel roads are an invitation for trouble I have watched many fast drivers on a open highway even up to almost hitting a child in a parking lot in a State Rest Area once SPEED LIMIT 15 Miles Per Hour.
Its an unfortunate incident but drivers of ANY type of a motorized vechicle should use common sense and caution.
Like my former drivers education instructor once said ...
" Driving is a Permission, not a priveledge "
and he is right !
4 wheeler

United States

#10 May 11, 2008
Scott wrote:
Scott did you happen to read that it was a motorcycle? reread the article and see if there is any seatbelts on it and let us know your findings..

I'll clue you in there is none !
Angel Eyes

Traverse City, MI

#11 May 12, 2008
Scott wrote:
It's a motorcycle.....duh!!
Family Friend

Lansing, MI

#12 May 12, 2008
For anyone to say that it was anyones fault is ridiculous when one family is grieving the loss of a son and another family is praying for their daughter. I know the girls family and they are so in my thoughts and prayers and I am grieving for Matt's parents also. My thoughts and prayers are to the families and also to those who want to pass blame.... Accidents happen and this was an accident.
Friend of tractor driver

Ada, MI

#13 May 13, 2008
I know the man who was driving the tractor. He would never hurt a flea intentionally. He would be so much more discourgaed if he heard bickering about this terrible incident. What we should come away with from this is that life is short, we should show love towards each other every chance we get. God Bless!
Trish

United States

#14 May 13, 2008
Friend of tractor driver wrote:
I know the man who was driving the tractor. He would never hurt a flea intentionally. He would be so much more discourgaed if he heard bickering about this terrible incident. What we should come away with from this is that life is short, we should show love towards each other every chance we get. God Bless!
Amen to that...everybody thinks the"re the accident patrol and know what happened and say crewl things..sad....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earl Marshall Cold Case Murder Jul 21 Just Wondering 1
Need help please Jul '17 indiana 3
News Caught on tape: man beats dogs (Mar '08) Feb '17 Charley Horse 157
sexting (Apr '14) Jan '17 Big man also 2
Review: Cal Deitz Real Estate (Nov '08) Jan '16 REMEMBERWHATBUSHDID 15
News Missing man found dead in Northern Michigan pond (Jan '15) Oct '15 MOMlosed 2
News Parents Voice Concerns Over School Bus Stop; Di... (May '14) May '14 Lisa Briggs 1

Howard City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howard City Mortgages