1930s subway train makes rare uptown ...

1930s subway train makes rare uptown trip in NYC

There are 2 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from May 31, 2013, titled 1930s subway train makes rare uptown trip in NYC. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

Hundreds of lucky New York City commuters got a surprise trip back in time when eight 1930s-era subway cars were briefly returned to service offering woven wicker seats, ceiling fans and rusted metal exteriors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

Vincent John Ward

Bronx, NY

#1 May 31, 2013
One of my favorite city events!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 May 31, 2013
What a neat treat for New Yorkers. I'm sure they had a special moment. I hope New York is able to refurbish and recirculate more of these trains. I would love to ride one when in town on business. Two thumbs up from Brigitte Grisanti New York Fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News She's the ex-Snapple Lady after a falling out (May '08) Fri Bonnie 94
News Prince William hits DC; Kate joins NYC first lady (Dec '14) Thu Lily LedBetter 26
News Tiger' running amok in Manhattan was actually r... May 24 Bob 3
News Judge: New York condo can vote to remove 'Trump... May 24 WATCHING LIVONIA 5
News Murder suspect claims Morgan Freeman had sex wi... May 22 TruthandPopeyes 3
News Gottis are Goin' Down Da Tubes (Jun '08) Jan '18 WATCHING LIVONIA 40
News Queens jogger murder suspect allegedly told pol... (Apr '17) Apr '17 china white 1

Howard-Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Howard-Beach Mortgages