No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer

Full story: Wizbang

So sayeth New York Governor Andrew "Son of Mario" Cuomo in his State of the State speech today as he railed against the semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine politicians refer to as assault weapons and high-capacity magazines used in said assault weapons and many modern handguns.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ole boy

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#180
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We have the right to own it it's not about the need

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ole boy wrote:
We have the right to own it it's not about the need
Well, I'd love the "right" to go fishing with grenades but I can't exactly do that now can I? There's got to be a limit somewhere.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#182
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd love the "right" to go fishing with grenades but I can't exactly do that now can I? There's got to be a limit somewhere.
The limits already in place are more than enough. No law would have prevented Sandy Hook, he stole the guns.

If you don't like gun ownership... don't buy one. Better men than you understand why it is our most important right, don't try to deprive them of it based on your own foolishness. I hope this wasn't too wordy for a dullard like yourself.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
The limits already in place are more than enough. No law would have prevented Sandy Hook, he stole the guns.
If you don't like gun ownership... don't buy one. Better men than you understand why it is our most important right, don't try to deprive them of it based on your own foolishness. I hope this wasn't too wordy for a dullard like yourself.
If the guns weren't legal to own to begin with, the so-called "law-abiding & responsible" gun owner wouldn't have owned them in the first place.

-Therefore-

If the guns weren't legal to begin with, he wouldn't have been able to steal them in the first place.

It's pretty simple logic. I tried to use small words for you to understand it better. Unfortunately, Topix doesn't let me color pictures for you.

Better men than me. LoL.
nac

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
If the guns weren't legal to own to begin with, the so-called "law-abiding & responsible" gun owner wouldn't have owned them in the first place.
-Therefore-
If the guns weren't legal to begin with, he wouldn't have been able to steal them in the first place.
It's pretty simple logic. I tried to use small words for you to understand it better. Unfortunately, Topix doesn't let me color pictures for you.
Better men than me. LoL.
You think that we'd be better off if all guns were illegal? Wow. The people disarmed by Hitler, Stalin, Mao, et al beg to differ.

You aren't smart enough to understand. I wish you were, but you're not.
dog and pony show

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The principle that no American can own a firearm without getting the go-ahead from the government is offensive to Americans. We don’t require breathalyzer checks before people get into their cars even though drunk drivers kill more than 30 times more people than “assault rifles” do. Nor do we require background checks on clubs and hammers, which also kill more often than “assault rifles.”

WERE IS VOTER ID???
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you think a simple .38 or a .357 is a little more practical for the job? I don't think you need to put a whole in the guy (and the wall behind him) the size of a golf ball to get the point across. And if you're a cop & can't shoot the guy with less than 10 rounds, you'd better quit your day job.
I'm an expert shot, FYI. However, in real life, even well-trained professionals can miss, especially given the fact that real targets move and shoot back, unlike the paper ones, not to mention the effects of adrenaline and stress. Look at the number of rounds fired in police shootouts and in combat, and how many hits are made compared to misses. You also have "muscle memory", which means you react as you were trained. Having qualified with and carried a semi-automatice for most of my 30 year plus career in law enforcement, that is what I am familiar with. If you knew anything about the subject, you'd realize this. Real life isn't Hollywood.
Dirty Harry

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#187
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>I'm an expert shot, FYI. However, in real life, even well-trained professionals can miss, especially given the fact that real targets move and shoot back, unlike the paper ones, not to mention the effects of adrenaline and stress. Look at the number of rounds fired in police shootouts and in combat, and how many hits are made compared to misses. You also have "muscle memory", which means you react as you were trained. Having qualified with and carried a semi-automatice for most of my 30 year plus career in law enforcement, that is what I am familiar with. If you knew anything about the subject, you'd realize this. Real life isn't Hollywood.
I am an expert shot too. Nothing like swapping lead with a perp on the mean streets. I'll unload a full clip in your direction if you look at me funny. And I never miss.
Plotts

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#188
Feb 6, 2013
 
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that we'd be better off if all guns were illegal? Wow. The people disarmed by Hitler, Stalin, Mao, et al beg to differ.
You aren't smart enough to understand. I wish you were, but you're not.
It's a reactionary reflex for the easily manipulated, that is the real reason of concern...

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#189
Feb 6, 2013
 
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that we'd be better off if all guns were illegal? Wow. The people disarmed by Hitler, Stalin, Mao, et al beg to differ.
You aren't smart enough to understand. I wish you were, but you're not.
I guess now we're going BACK to the "Government Tyranny" theory?

Fine. Again, more important to you than it is to me I guess. I don't deal with low watt half-wits who are more interested in insults than debating facts & opinion. Carry on with your ignorant NRA non-logic hyperbole.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>I'm an expert shot, FYI. However, in real life, even well-trained professionals can miss, especially given the fact that real targets move and shoot back, unlike the paper ones, not to mention the effects of adrenaline and stress. Look at the number of rounds fired in police shootouts and in combat, and how many hits are made compared to misses. You also have "muscle memory", which means you react as you were trained. Having qualified with and carried a semi-automatice for most of my 30 year plus career in law enforcement, that is what I am familiar with. If you knew anything about the subject, you'd realize this. Real life isn't Hollywood.
Another one with a Wikipedia degree. Spare me your "30+ years on the force" crap. Bottom line - A cop is trained to fire his gun & hit what he's aiming at. Regardless of whether it's moving, spinning, jumping or bouncing off the walls. If he can't get the job done in less than 10 shots, he's doing it wrong.

"Hollywood". That's a pip. You idiots are talking about Government Tyranny scenarios & "Escaped convicts out for revenge" & you're going to preach to me about Hollywood?(insert face palm here)
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#191
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's a whole lotta words spent trying to win an argument against a total stranger on a public message board. Lotsa time on your hands to care that much. Might I suggest employment?
Oh the IRONY!
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T2HJ06E7ST774T...

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Say the Truth wrote:
Wow! You cracked the case open with this one! I talk about baseball too! Way to go, Columbo!

Perhaps you can enlighten us with your point?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#193
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one with a Wikipedia degree. Spare me your "30+ years on the force" crap. Bottom line - A cop is trained to fire his gun & hit what he's aiming at. Regardless of whether it's moving, spinning, jumping or bouncing off the walls. If he can't get the job done in less than 10 shots, he's doing it wrong.
"Hollywood". That's a pip. You idiots are talking about Government Tyranny scenarios & "Escaped convicts out for revenge" & you're going to preach to me about Hollywood?(insert face palm here)
"A cop is trained to fire his gun & hit what he's aiming at"
Like the NYPD?
"Escaped convicts out for revenge"
So do you think that LEOs and others in the criminal justice system should be barred from firearms possession and concealed carry?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#194
Feb 6, 2013
 
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You cracked the case open with this one! I talk about baseball too! Way to go, Columbo!
Perhaps you can enlighten us with your point?
Speaking of "free time" LMAO!!!

At least our friend Teddy is writing about something important, not some idiot batting a freaking baseball.

"The Anti-Troll"

LMAO@THE_IRONY~~~

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"A cop is trained to fire his gun & hit what he's aiming at"
Like the NYPD?
"Escaped convicts out for revenge"
So do you think that LEOs and others in the criminal justice system should be barred from firearms possession and concealed carry?
More assumption & hyperbole. Typing with blinders on.

I have no problem with you owning a firearm for protection. I own one. But there's no need for you to own a military-grade weapon for that use when there are far more practical & common options out there.

(cue the "the AR isn't a military weapon" stance in 5...4...3...2...)

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#196
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of "free time" LMAO!!!
At least our friend Teddy is writing about something important, not some idiot batting a freaking baseball.
"The Anti-Troll"
LMAO@THE_IRONY~~~
In other words, you have no real answer to counter my opinions, so you'll switch subjects & move on to other topics I'm talking about on other forums that have ansolutely nothing to do with anything in this forum because you feel the need devote all your time & energy in defeating a total stranger in a public message board on a debate you clearly know nothing about.

I'm home from work today with a sick kid. I have all day to bury you. It appears I don't even need the big shovel, you're grasping after only a few posts. Don't worry though, I'm already growing bored of you.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#197
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's a whole lotta words spent trying to win an argument against a total stranger on a public message board. Lotsa time on your hands to care that much. Might I suggest employment?
Translation: "The Anti-Troll has been shown once again to be FOS and is deflecting - once again."

Concise enough for ya, skippy?
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you think a simple .38 or a .357 is a little more practical for the job? I don't think you need to put a whole in the guy (and the wall behind him) the size of a golf ball to get the point across. And if you're a cop & can't shoot the guy with less than 10 rounds, you'd better quit your day job.
Once again pretending this silly view of yours wasn't completely destroyed by my simply citing the hundreds of actual cases of innocent law-abiding citizens left facing home invasions by multiple armed intruders.

No - a simple 6-shot revolver is NOT an adequate or practical defense choice in such scenarios.

More importantly - this is a choice that by RIGHT is the citizen whose family's lives are on the line to make, NOT YOURS, Mr. Internet hero judging from the safety of your keyboard, nor is it the GOVERNMENT'S choice.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#200
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "The Anti-Troll has been shown once again to be FOS and is deflecting - once again."
Concise enough for ya, skippy?
Skippy. You're silly. Low-watt & immature, but silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of218
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Howard-Beach Discussions

Search the Howard-Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr C No Evil 6,320
Teacher that - wooed' teen with gifts & texts s... 7 hr Fire this Teacher 1
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 8 hr Go Blue Forever 6,323
Health 20 hr Better than the gym 1
New York police see risks with drones' popularity Thu AIPAC sext tours 5
Wall Street protesters plan march on DA's office (Oct '11) Thu judge INDABAG 36
Looking for Church Space to Share/Rent (Feb '09) Thu Pastor Sharon 108
•••
•••

Howard-Beach News Video

•••
•••

Howard-Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Howard-Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Howard-Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Howard-Beach
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••