March 24: The cowardly Congress and the assault weapon ban

Mar 24, 2013 Full story: New York Daily News 150

Toms River, N.J.: So Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid abandoned the assault weapons ban .

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Anonymous

Owasso, OK

#1 Mar 24, 2013
It is interesting how when it's a liberal that dumps on it's own base, the headlines say nothing about Reid being the head liberal of the Senate. This headline if it had been McConnell would have read; the cowardly republican congress and its refusal to protect children.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Now I know that ALL democrats are full of shit. Not just Barry Benghazi.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#3 Mar 24, 2013
hol dat thought wrote:
It is interesting how when it's a liberal that dumps on it's own base, the headlines say nothing about Reid being the head liberal of the Senate. This headline if it had been McConnell would have read; the cowardly republican congress and its refusal to protect children.
I am waiting for them to blame McConnell - after all, the Dems do not take blame for any of their actions - it is either "Bush done it" or it is the Reps fault.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 24, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am waiting for them to blame McConnell - after all, the Dems do not take blame for any of their actions - it is either "Bush done it" or it is the Reps fault.
That's only because in the liberal party, you are either of the 1%, or you're the low information voter being herded to the voting booth.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Sad day for the progressive liberals when some in their own party decide to keep their oath and uphold the Constitution.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#6 Mar 24, 2013
hol dat thought wrote:
This headline if it had been McConnell would have read; the cowardly republican congress and its refusal to protect children.
You guys whine alot!

No, dear friend, we would like to see the votes on this issue - from all sidesof the aisle, and why they voted.

Reid - yes dear friend - has been a disappointment.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 24, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Now I know that ALL democrats are full of shit. Not just Barry Benghazi.
You know what is sad about liberals.

There WHAT DOES IT MATTER, sounds so much like ALL THIS FOR A FLAG. The clueless don't care, because nothing matters except if its about them. They know the low information voters are sheeple and will do as directed. They know they won't engage in patriotism, they are too busy getting another latte.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> The clueless don't care, because nothing matters except if its about them.
Interesting comment because there is alot of spouting about MY second amendment/MY rights to own a gun/MY safety from the boogeman/tyrannical government/paranoia du jour who are coming after ME, ME, ME - you know that typical paranoia.

But what matters are those guns hurt/kill others - whether it is in a school, mall or a movie house. So it is about THEM, THEM, THEM.

That is what "matters", n'est-ce pas?

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#10 Mar 24, 2013
Where's Susan Rice? Has she been disappeared?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#11 Mar 24, 2013
let me see, there are Democrats up for election in Montana , Iowa, New Mexico, South Dakota, Arkansas,Alaska, Louisiana , and North Carolina to name a few. Harry Reid trying to protect his job first?
Here a map showing Senate Seats up for 2014 election. Outside Maine, the Republican Seats are fairly safe, same cannot be said for the Democrat seat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Se...
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#12 Mar 24, 2013
californio wrote:
let me see, there are Democrats up for election in Montana , Iowa, New Mexico, South Dakota, Arkansas,Alaska, Louisiana , and North Carolina to name a few. Harry Reid trying to protect his job first?
Here a map showing Senate Seats up for 2014 election. Outside Maine, the Republican Seats are fairly safe, same cannot be said for the Democrat seat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Se...
Just like Romney's candidacy?
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#13 Mar 24, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Just like Romney's candidacy?
I am sure any gains the republicans expect will be nixed by anti woman comments candidates make. All the democrats will have to do is say "remember it is almost impossible for a woman to get pregnant from a legitimate rape". Until such time as the Republicans get out of bed with the religious right trying to control peoples personal lives they will never regain power in Washington.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#14 Mar 24, 2013
It is not cowardly to stand up for the second amendment which they swore to uphold when they were sworn in.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting comment because there is alot of spouting about MY second amendment/MY rights to own a gun/MY safety from the boogeman/tyrannical government/paranoia du jour who are coming after ME, ME, ME - you know that typical paranoia.
But what matters are those guns hurt/kill others - whether it is in a school, mall or a movie house. So it is about THEM, THEM, THEM.
That is what "matters", n'est-ce pas?
Now hell, that's really funny. The same thing you say about welfare........."my money, my ebt card, my healthcare I want the taxpayers to fund.........."

Idiot.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16 Mar 24, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure any gains the republicans expect will be nixed by anti woman comments candidates make. All the democrats will have to do is say "remember it is almost impossible for a woman to get pregnant from a legitimate rape". Until such time as the Republicans get out of bed with the religious right trying to control peoples personal lives they will never regain power in Washington.
Better check on who carried those States in 2012.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#17 Mar 24, 2013
The left carried the ghetto's where the men call the women 'ho's and bi*ches and pass them around like a can of malt liqour....Hilarious.
Big Difference

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Mar 24, 2013
Big Difference
The "Cowardly Congress" - DemocRATS
2nd Ammendment Heroes - Republicans
This innings Stats:
R = 1 Home Run
D = 0 No hits and 50+ errors..
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#20 Mar 24, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Now hell, that's really funny.
This country's gun deaths are not funny, our gun culture is not funny, our country's gun*ugger paranoia is not funny and the histrionics of those who believe guns don't kill only people do is not funny and you guys who believe every man, woman and child (you folks probably believe babies should carry them in their diapers?) should have a gun down their knickers or bras is not funny.

As Mrs. Feinstein said:
“Stand up and be counted,’’ she says.“That’s why we’re here.”
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#21 Mar 24, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
I want the taxpayers to fund.........."
Dear, the taxpayers have never funded a single thing in my life - though I use public buildings like libraries/public roads etc.

Try again ...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 24, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Sad day for the progressive liberals when some in their own party decide to keep their oath and uphold the Constitution.
The Democrats you describe are hardly liberals. And it has nothing to do with keeping an oath, and everything to do with keeping their jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protesters to NYPD: We want dead cops 1 hr Rational Responder 37
The wound is to deep 7 hr Maude 1
New York Mayor de Blasio named PETA's Person of... Dec 18 I kamf breefh 1
Review: A Better World Real Estate (Oct '10) Dec 17 Chae 35
police activity last night October 14, 2014 Oct '14 nickm308 1
girlfriends of old howard beach (Apr '14) Sep '14 Nicky 3
Are Howard Beach Italians actually racist or is... (May '09) Jun '14 Sur 13 Beat 18

Howard-Beach News Video

Howard-Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Howard-Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Howard-Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Howard-Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:09 pm PST