Are Howard Beach Italians actually ra...

Are Howard Beach Italians actually racist or is that a rumor?

Posted in the Howard-Beach Forum

Since: May 09

AOL

#1 May 23, 2009
Im asking cuz im moving near howard beach and my dad is worried for my saftey because I'm black and because of the stuff that has happened over there in the past. Personally, I have no problems with Italians. In fact, i love em. And im a nice non-ghetto girl so i dont know why would I be hated just because i have brown skin. You know the saying "There are only two kinds of people; Italians and those who wish to be Italian," or something like that. Well that saying is so true for me. I love Italian culture and Italian men are so sexy. But anyways, like i asked before, are howard beach italians actually racist?
Jason

Corona, CA

#2 Jul 29, 2009
Yeah, just like the unofficial mayor of Howard Beach, John Gotti!!!
Joeeee

AOL

#3 Sep 13, 2009
No, we are not racist. we are warm, loving people no different from anyone else.
TheTruth and NOTHING But

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Sep 19, 2009
You wont have any problems here safety wise but let me pre warn you about the silly dream many black girls have about meeting an Italian guy and having a real relationship with them.

First off can you meet italian men and sleep with them if you are black? Sure all day long

Will they take you around and show you off? 99.9999% no (I know you think you are that 0.1% that they will show off.

You can stand on cross bay all day and night until the cows come home and you wont see a "HOT" italian guy walking down the street holding hands with a black girl.(You can spot them at the motels running in with a black girl to do whatever men do best).

Obviously the liberals will soon arrive here and say they know a black girl who is happily married to a good looking italian guy and they have kids, or a italain girl who will say her brother is married to a girl right out of the african jungle, or some yuppie puppie will come and say that the world has moved on and it dont matter.

Well im here to present facts not little dreams and scifi stories.

Its a safe area, plenty of Italian culture, and as long as you dont bring around some wagsters and crackheads noone really cares, people here help each other and are great people.

Since: Nov 09

Jamaica, NY

#5 Nov 9, 2009
Junking your Car for Cash is a lot easier than you think! When you Junk a car, truck, van, SUV, boat, RV or any other type of vehicle through our Sell my Junk Car New York , you not only receive cash for your car, but quality service and pick-up of your vehicle at your convenience.http://sellmyjunkc arnewyork.com
TRUTH

Floral Park, NY

#7 Feb 19, 2011
Yes it is safe. THE PAST IS NOTHING LIKE PRESENT. Im mixxed and i live in howard beach
Kevin

Teaneck, NJ

#8 Jul 5, 2011
Im from long island most italians here or not like dat but im 29 yrs old been around for a lot things dat happen over there. look up the beating that took place there over the years... when a young man name fat nick beat a blk guy too his almost death.. and the #1. incident the death of micheal griffen i had to go make deliveries there with a driver who was black he told me stay in the truck he was blk too but they knew him
Truth Fairy

Rosedale, NY

#9 Jul 6, 2011
I am sure that Kevin (above) was trying to make a point although I am not exactly sure what it is.
Badda Bing

Orlando, FL

#10 Jul 6, 2011
Fish live in the ocean and stay in the water where they are safe.

Birds fly in the sky and take to the air to seek refuge.

Howard Beach has always been and continues to be "our block"... Italians have worked hard (both legally and otherwise) to make this "our home" to do "Our Thing"...

Everything said, such things are natural and should be left alone... It wouldn't be what is it if it wasn't for what it was, "ya know what I mean?"
Badda Bing

Orlando, FL

#11 Jul 6, 2011
Harlem is nice and you don't see or find any Italians trying to move there! If you drive south on Crossbay Blvd. you'll find yourself at home in the rockaways!
TRUTH FAIRY

Rosedale, NY

#12 Jul 7, 2011
Fish have gills which is why they live in the sea and birds have wings which is why they fly in the sky because God made them that way.
Did God make Howard Beach all white too?
PS Been through Harlem lately? White folk are scooping up them co ops like crazy.
Frank

Italy

#13 Aug 9, 2011
Why do you think they are sexy?It's strange you like people who are narrow minded .Why don't you come here in Italy to see how black and muslim people are treated,not including tha lazyness of administration and the awful immigration policy.It makes me sad a sista like these douchebags and all what they represent.(There's good people among them but most are ignorant )
MDJ

Hempstead, NY

#14 Aug 16, 2011
TRUTH FAIRY wrote:
Fish have gills which is why they live in the sea and birds have wings which is why they fly in the sky because God made them that way.
Did God make Howard Beach all white too?
PS Been through Harlem lately? White folk are scooping up them co ops like crazy.
Yes This is so true
BOB TOUHEY

AOL

#15 Aug 23, 2011
I LIVED IN HOWARD BEACH FROM 1939 TO 1955 WE HAD NO RACE PROBLEMS THEN AND I THINK THAT INCINDET WERE THE BLACK WAS CHASED AND HE GOT HIT BY A CAR PUT A BAD IMANGE OF HOWARD BEACH BY THE LIBERAL MEDIA>>>>> >>>>>NO BODY WANTS TO SEE ANY BODY GET RUN OVER AND IF ANYBONY KNOWS THE AREA AT ALL THEY WOULD KNOW THAT ACCIDENT COULD NOT BE PLANNED IF THEY WANTED TO DO IT>>>>>>> >>>..IM IRISH AND I LOVE ITIALNS OR ANYBODY THAT TREATS ME WITH RESPECT WHO I AM AND NOT WHAT I AM HAVE A GOOD DAY I STILL LOVE HOWARD BEACH AND I STILL HAVE FRIENDS THERE
Lex Lewis

Shelter Island, NY

#16 Jun 20, 2013
The fact remains, most white assaults against blacks happened in mostly Italian neighborhoods: Howard Beach, Arthur Avenue and Throggs neck.
To be sure, blacks attack whites as well, but Italian Americans have a history of chasing blacks from their neighborhoods.
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Nov 13, 2013
New York has and always will be segregated. When a man (who pays his own bills) buys a house and a car (not on section 8) he wants to protect the things he works hard to buy.

It is common that within poor neighborhoods, the residents tend to steal others possessions.

Of course, Italians tend to have businesses, work, and own properties and cars. They do not want people coming in threatening their property.

I also want to mention the "Section 8 people" have done nothing but move in and destroy old New York neighborhoods that would have stayed great to this day had they not allowed welfare people to move in.

(East New York) would have remained a nice middle class area hadn't realtors allowed section 8 to move in and trash the neighborhood.

So I'm sick of hearing complaining about racism all the time. In my opinion "Section 8 people" don't do a damn thing except expect benefits to fall into their lap 247 as opposed to hard working people who own businesses, buy their possessions, and protect them.

It's not about race. A black man with a middle class income is more than welcome to move into any neighborhood if he can afford it. However, welfare people don't deserve to. They have to work for it.

Look at all the formerly blue collar neighborhoods that have been trashed (Canarsie, Dyre Ave Bronx, East New York, etc).
Sur 13 Beat

Babylon, NY

#18 Jun 26, 2014
Just a rumor. Italians like blacks. They occupied Somalia from 1938 into the 1950s. The Somalians and Italians really get along. When the U.N. peacekeepers were in Somalia in the early 1990s the Italians gave them good treatment. The Italians would let Aidid's guys through the road block check points no questions asked.
Sur 13 Beat

Babylon, NY

#19 Jun 26, 2014
Badda Bing wrote:
Harlem is nice and you don't see or find any Italians trying to move there! If you drive south on Crossbay Blvd. you'll find yourself at home in the rockaways!
The Italians live on pleasant ave in Harlem. Carmine Brigante knew some of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York grand jury charges man with murder of ... 21 hr grounded in reality 3
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers Tue Billy Joe 114
News Scott Stringer backs Assembly staffer for Silve... (Feb '16) Mon hillary better th... 2
News Parents of slain NYC jogger Karina Vetrano spea... Aug 22 xxxwannabee 1
News Shrimp Grown In Tanks Make A Splash, Coming To ... Aug 21 Stephany McDowell 1
Carmine Annunziata WANTED FUGITIVE Dept of Corr... (Aug '10) Aug 19 SammyTheScrew 35
News John Gotti's grandson checks into drug detox pr... Aug 6 The Punisher 1

Howard-Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howard-Beach Mortgages