Hundreds of Dead Fish Wash Up in Queens

Hundreds of Dead Fish Wash Up in Queens

There are 17 comments on the My Fox NY story from Aug 29, 2008, titled Hundreds of Dead Fish Wash Up in Queens. In it, My Fox NY reports that:

Something stinks in Howard Beach and people want answers from the city. Scores of dead fish have washed up on the beach and rocks and no one knows why.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at My Fox NY.

Fishin Tracy

Forest Hills, NY

#1 Sep 5, 2008
I was just in Howard Beach having pizza at New Park, and the smell of dead fish was so bad we had to eat inside.
Someone needs to figure out what is going on
Gambino

AOL

#2 Sep 11, 2008
what's going on in howard beach lately? I tell you they need to do some serious cleaning up in these waters. The owners of these homes need to really come together and fight to get the bay cleaned up and lets face it the waters were dirty even before the nasty fishy smell. I went over the crossbay bridge a couple of weeks ago and seen some kinda religious rituals going on and those people were throwing all kinds of stuff in the waters. if we all come together we can change things!!!
SMILEY

AOL

#3 Sep 12, 2008
the smell of fish, seeing the drugs, whats going on? whats happening to the neiborhood?
hmmm

AOL

#4 Sep 12, 2008
i would rather smell fish then see drugs in the nieghborhood seriously i seen a man smoking crack-cocain on the corner of waldbaums on that dark block discusting they should do it in there own nieghborhoods
Louis

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2008
find the cause of the dead fish somone may be poisioning them ,might be done for spite by somone .
Louis
GAMBINO

AOL

#6 Sep 13, 2008
louis is right there could be a possibility someone is doing it! it's kinda scary not knowing whats going on no one is saying!!
SMILEY

AOL

#7 Sep 13, 2008
it is scary is someone killing our fish and contaminating our waters so when we eat the fish we get sick or even die.
Fishin Tracy

New York, NY

#8 Sep 26, 2008
There are typically lots of religious things going on in the beach at Charles park, from buddhists to muslims...they put clay bowls, flowers and I even once saw a white pumpkin full of oils and herbs put in the water.
That stuff is harmless. It's time to have the Parks Department clean the beach over there!
Gambino wrote:
what's going on in howard beach lately? I tell you they need to do some serious cleaning up in these waters. The owners of these homes need to really come together and fight to get the bay cleaned up and lets face it the waters were dirty even before the nasty fishy smell. I went over the crossbay bridge a couple of weeks ago and seen some kinda religious rituals going on and those people were throwing all kinds of stuff in the waters. if we all come together we can change things!!!
Fishin Tracy

New York, NY

#9 Sep 26, 2008
The religious rituals taking place on the beach are harmless. They have been doing that for years!
They are mostly Budhists and Muslim rituals, and besides some clay pots and flowers, even some herbs, they arent ruining the beach. The Parks dept needs to be responsible for the clean up of the inlet and get the real trash off the beach there!
Fishin Tracy

New York, NY

#10 Sep 26, 2008
Drugs in howard beach? No way! LOL
As someone that has fished MANY times for MANY years from the Hawtree Basin bridge (little blue foot bridge by 99th street) there was ALWAYS drug stuff under that bridge from pot bags to crack viles, for YEARS now, and it was mostly from the local teens.
SMILEY

AOL

#11 Oct 12, 2008
Fishin Tracy wrote:
As someone that has fished MANY times for MANY years from the Hawtree Basin bridge (little blue foot bridge by 99th street) there was ALWAYS drug stuff under that bridge from pot bags to crack viles, for YEARS now, and it was mostly from the local teens.
oh so its ok coming from the local kids that doesnt make it ok i have 2 children growing up here and its terrible. i pay alot of money in rent we shouldnt have to deal with it!!!!!!!!!!
SMILEY

AOL

#12 Oct 12, 2008
Fishin Tracy wrote:
The religious rituals taking place on the beach are harmless. They have been doing that for years!
They are mostly Budhists and Muslim rituals, and besides some clay pots and flowers, even some herbs, they arent ruining the beach. The Parks dept needs to be responsible for the clean up of the inlet and get the real trash off the beach there!
keep the garbage out of the water you know what we eat the fish that comes out of these waters stop sticking up for everybody!!!!!!!!!!
SMILEY

AOL

#13 Nov 24, 2008
this message if for fishin tracey have you read the chronicle about the the religous things they do in our waters they are sacraficing animals lves also they found headless goats underneath the bridge is that so religous? its about time th parks dept. is stepping in!!!!!!!!!!
GAMBINO

AOL

#14 Nov 25, 2008
My god i think it's digusting it's about time we step up to the plate and clean up our neighborhood howard beach is a very expensive area us home owners pay alot of money to keep our home and there values to live here and for what to see coconuts and trays and all garbage bags and other stuff near the bridge and now there saying dead animals let them do there rituals in there own neighborhoods where they own homes for gods sake they are making nothing but a messdown there!!!hope the parks dept and other officials take action to stop what has been going on way to long! This is a problem.
GAMBINO

AOL

#15 Nov 25, 2008
Fishin Tracy wrote:
what a disgrace i must say thats ashame residents like you that bypass it!!! start looking out for the neighborhood i don't know if you have children but if you do please relize what you are saying about everything
GAMBINO

AOL

#16 Nov 25, 2008
Fishin Tracy wrote:
There are typically lots of religious things going on in the beach at Charles park, from buddhists to muslims...they put clay bowls, flowers and I even once saw a white pumpkin full of oils and herbs put in the water.
That stuff is harmless. It's time to have the Parks Department clean the beach over there!
<quoted text>
Ff your house was near there honey you would not like it i sure don't!! Ignorance is very sad!
italian princess

AOL

#17 Dec 3, 2008
its about time the parks dept takes charge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lives and All That Matters 10 hr Vincent John Ward 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) 23 hr chrisc2016 53
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers Sat Deport Trump 43
News Gwyneth Paltrow reveals her secret obsession wi... Sat murder inc 1
News Stuck With Slow Bus Service? Cuomo Is Completel... Sat Indict CUOMO 1
News Man sets himself on fire in Oceanside Jul 22 Sylvester J Superman 1
News sex Diaries The 32-Year-Old Who Refuses to Fake... Jul 22 Drum Rolls 4 Hillary 2

Howard-Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Howard-Beach Mortgages