EDITORa S Letter

Sep 21, 2011 Read more: Texas Monthly

Some writers are journeymen, always on the road. Others work and rework the same ground, eventually becoming identified with the places they inhabit.

Read more
Confused

San Antonio, TX

#1 Sep 21, 2011
But what if the writers travel to the same places, AND get recognized there? Then you'll have more places to become identified.

What if it's an author of erotic novels? If they stayed in the same place, wouldn't things become monotonous and boring?

What if you wrote ideas that made you a pariah in one community, but those same ideas would make you a paragon in another?

What if some writers were apprentices and masters? Where do they travel to?

Whats the sample size of the population of writers?
Did you make them feel out any surveys about how they journey, or stay stationary to find their identities?

I don't get this letter at all, not one single bit, and it upsets me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Oaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lost on the Line: 911 may not be able to finda Mar 23 fart sniffer 2
News Original Ruggles Green closes, prepares to move Jan '15 Farts 2
News Early voting begins for Nov. election Oct '14 Gasman 3
News Go inside Bernie's Burger Bus with Ruben Galvan (Sep '14) Sep '14 That Fart Guy 2
News An empty feeling as drivers fill up (Feb '11) Jul '14 Farticle 4
News Houston area hit hard by rain for third straigh... (May '14) May '14 318qwe 1
News The most notable closings of 2013: Burger Guys,... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Hamilton 1
More from around the web

River Oaks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]